1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Brand on 'Vaccine Passports': This is where it leads

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Apr 13, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

Beautiful Ivanka showing off her tremendous guns, perfect JEANS.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Making this video was a very helpful action by Russell Brand.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think it's fairly reasonable for certain government and quasi gov orgs (schools in particular) and pretty much any private org to institute a vaccine mandate for patronage.

If covid were more deadly, and/or the vaccine rollout a lot slower, I think it would be even more jusitifed.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can tell you that universities right now are seriously second-guessing their decisions to mandate the covid vaccine for Fall 2021 semester in light of the Johnson and Johnson debacle.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Link? (about uni legal worry, not j&j)

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no link, my wife is in on those conversations where we both work

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Don't want to go off on a weird personal tangent but my job is literally dealing with the legal liabilities of colleges and universities and so far nothing has come across my desk about j&j. Maybe I need to up my watercooler game.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Have to admit she's really ****ing gorgeous.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Not to belabor this, but given that J&J themselves are shielded from any liability I doubt schools will feel any of that heat.

Not that I don't think some lawyers won't attempt it. Some of the suits I've seen, sheesh.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought MojoMan only communicated in far-right political cartoons. Full sentences? Remarkable!

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

So now we care what Hollywood thinks?

12. Buck Turgidson

No thanks, I'm waiting to hear from Larry the Cable Guy

Rashmon likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Shouldn't he shut up and act? Or, it's that only for liberal entertainers?

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Russell Brand talks pretty.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I thought Russell Brand was Cher

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Russell Brand is a leftist entertainer. I thought that would make his perspective one that people like you would be more likely to listen to and maybe hear as well.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would I be more inclined to listen to a leftist? I've voted republican in every single federal election since 1976.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

David Thewlis gave a better performance of this in the movie Naked. Also a good example of why the Academy Awards mean little. Anthony Hopkins playing an archetype the gay community loves over this that wasn't even nominated?, but I digress...

NSFW

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I took time to watch and I disagree with the two tier society comment because we're throwing out as many vaccines as possible while paying no concern of costs to cover vaccinating uninsured and illegal immigrants.

I would have issues if you wanted a vaccine but couldn't get one in a reasonable time frame or because it is too expensive.

In the other topic, it focused squarely on whether you need the passport for daily activities like going to concerts. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to fly around and spread your godly germs around, a passport is the least of your worries...

Wrt casual outings, this should be an issue people think about. We're hearing more and more that covid is mutating quickly. I could definitely see places wanting the health passport to require different boosters along with the original.

At that point, it really depends whether Rona is still novel enough that our immune system freaks out every time. Who really knows how deadly it becomes after taking a shot and playing with hypothetical risk isn't something you want Government officials to do.

We should consider ourselves fortunate for hogging up the vaccine supply for the next two years. Covid is still raging unabetted around the world. Travel and health passports should be mandatory across state lines.

The concerns Brand gives us exactly why we don't have a contact tracing system in place. It's not necessarily that it doesn't work. It's more that people are terrified if it worked too well.

Without contact tracing, all we have are what we already do. Masks for the people who don't want to vaccinate or prove they are vaccinated. I've seen con commentary worrying about Americans turning too compliant like the East. Except the East is handling the virus better because it's not their first time dealing with a respiratory epidemic.

It's very sick to think that these same wealthy con commentators and politicians are generally the first in line to get vaccinated but will scream to high heaven to everyone not to get it, if only to deepen their grip on others.

These same conservatives who aren't trigger shy removing civil liberties in the name of war or national security. Maybe it's because they recognize how is done or how they'd do it.

If that's the case, people will have to be more pushy in getting their civil liberties back. How long till a good percentage is expected to be vaccinated (July at worst). What does vaccination mean for catching future strains...

I don't know how cut and dried this will be. We've had plenty of time to think about this though and at this point, people see the light at the end of the tunnel and want normalcy.

I do see that his warnings of haves and have nots appearing true, not because of vaccination but it's the same wealth inequality cons are too blind to see or apathetic to act. That's not something taking or not taking a vaccine will cure