1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprised to find enjoyment in last place team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Well at least we don't have to suffer through another choke job in the playoffs this year.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised rep beg thread.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Get a life

j/k

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  5. OpportunityCost

The season is what it is. Franchises have their peaks and valleys, and obviously this our valley, but I agree it is fun at times, like when I see KPJ showing the potential of what he could become in future years and KMJ's energy and high-flying routine, or Kelly and Tate being great teammates and great passers, or just those occasional spurts where they are playing well as a team, without a lot of selfishness, primarily when our franchise player is on the bench, it can be fun to watch.

Also, just removing in my mind, for this season, the goal of the playoffs, and making the new goal, developing our young talent, makes it more watchable.

6. DonatelloLimestone

Agreed, the underdog excitement thing is natural ,but we’re really just hoping that the young players show us flashes of competence and make the game somewhat fun and we somehow lose in the end because thats our incentive too. It’s terrible and confusing on getting attached the players trying hard and competing and then confusingly needing them to lose enough to be in the bottom 3.
    Let alone, I don’t care what espn and the jump say while they rag on tilman and the rockets new ‘brand’. But in my office we have a couple Chinese nationals, nice dudes, loved the rockets but I’m shocked how much they adhere to the blind loyalty because after morey they won’t watch them, and now literally laugh and say i told you so as the rockets are among the worst teams in the nba ad I can’t say sh*t back except

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

im more enjoying the fact that tillmen is saving monies

8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'm glad you brought up Leroy Jenkins cause that's a perfect cautionary tale of what might happen to us. Leroy rushed the raid and got everyone slaughtered. If we rush the rebuild we'll be stuck in purgatory forever.

burlesk likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. good bump

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why in the hell do I want to watch the disaster that is our fearless Tank Commander John Wall chuck up brick after brick?

Right now with the game going on, I just check the score on BSPN. It just puts a smile on my face when I see us down by 20+ points.

Tank on, Rockets!

burlesk likes this.
  12. JD88

JD88 Member

I'm actually loving the Knicks. They look great, play great defense, they share the ball...

How many of their lotto picks are doing work for them?

MettaWorldPete, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm surprised anyone is finding enjoyment in this last place team.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I love the Rockets. Always will.

But no, there has been no enjoyment in watching this year. Especially when you remember that it wasn't that long ago that we were, legitimately, competing for championships, we chased pretty much all of our good players away, and we traded a guy who is a legit MVP candidate this season for pretty much nothing.

MettaWorldPete, ico4498 and YOLO like this.
  15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Watching our defense leave 3pt shooters completely open for the 1,000th time and then be forced to spot up from an area of the floor where they can't shoot is painful as hell.

Watching opposing teams just drive the basket over and over and over and over with effectively no defense at all is like sleeping on a bed of nails.

Watching John Wall with historically silly turnovers 1,000 times is like being permanently forced to watch Catching up with the Kardashians.

Watching our announcers try to make sense of this absolute train wreck makes me feel sad for them.

So sure, Fun Fun Fun.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trend is the second, third or 4th clever answer would get more.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Not just Old, but a Broken Rehab Team.

Old players coming off of injuries.

I think John Wall would've been traded if it wasn't for his terrible high salary.

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

ensconced000b.png

securely ensconced in the warm comfortable bosoms ...

burlesk likes this.
  19. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Not in any way trying to open Pandora's box here, but I'm curious: how long are y'all's ignore lists? Just the numbers, not the details... I'll go first -- 35.
    The day I embraced the ignore function was a great day for me. Multiplied my enjoyment of the GARM many times, and increased my probable CF longevity by years that day! (Not to mention the savings in future therapy bills lol.)
    Its certainly better for ME if people just put me on their ignore lists lol... I encourage it.
    [​IMG]

#39 burlesk, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I put my alter ego, the trolling one on that ignore list, and it got better for me during this crisis.

Folks always look for others but they do not see the dark side that is inside of them.

Os Trigonum and burlesk like this.