1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Beezy

Beezy Member

Getting second Moderna dose tomorrow. Apparently the city of Pearland isn't doing anymore mass vaccination after Friday.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Wonder why? That's odd. Are there still going to be vaccines in like CVS' and stuff in Pearland after Friday?

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Places like CVS get their vaccines directly from the federal or state government. That has nothing to do with community vaccination sites.

TWS1986 likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Likely demand is dropping. Those under 40 are not very enthusiastic about getting chipped.

boomboom and TWS1986 like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Ahh, I see. Very good then.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

1.5x speed gets you thru this quick. Basically the blood clot (CVST) issue so far has happened at a rate that appears to be lower than what you might see in the general risk for any given population. However, there were some issues with how the clotting issue needed to be treated because it has to be done in an non-traditional fashion.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

that ish is not safe. Stop it already

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If the J&J vaccine is not safe then none of the vaccines are safe. They all have extremely rare issues as well. Covid is still FAR more dangerous than any of the side effects from the vaccines.

[​IMG]

Beezy, Andre0087 and GRENDEL like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. quit it.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol it's safer than taking birth control or getting Covid for sure when you're talking about the risk of getting blood clots.

Let me guess.. you think the Moderna and Pfizer ones aren't safe either? 120 M Americans have been vaccinated and counting.

Andre0087 and GRENDEL like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stephen Colbert did a bit last night with one of his writers regarding the level of risk from J&J vaccine to women.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I went to the doctor for a checkup and to see what was up with a nerve issue I've been having. He wants to do blood work as part of the annual checkup and wanted to prescribe a steroid for the nerve issue. I told him I was getting the vax next week and he nixed all of it. Said to wait to do any of that (steroid, blood work) for a few weeks. No biggie. But interesting. Not alarmed by it. Just passing it along.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Suburb similar to Pearland up here in Dallas, Frisco, is shutting down their community vax site on the 17th as well. Wife and I got both our Phizer shots there, really efficiently run.....neither shot took more than 20 mins.

Sucks people aren't taking advantage of these smaller area vax sites, we are glad as hell we didn't have to go to the mass Dallas proper sites....

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually.

Pfizer said earlier this month its Covid-19 vaccine was more than 91% effective at protecting against Covid and more than 95% effective against severe disease up to six months after the second dose. Moderna’s vaccine, which uses technology similar to Pfizer’s, was also shown to be highly effective six months after the second dose.

Pfizer’s data was based on more than 12,000 vaccinated participants. However, researchers say more data is still needed to determine whether protections last after six months.

Earlier Thursday, the Biden administration’s Covid response chief science officer David Kessler said Americans should expect to receive booster shots to protect against coronavirus variants.

Kessler told U.S. lawmakers that currently authorized vaccines are highly protective but noted new variants could “challenge” the effectiveness of the shots.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Suuuure he does.

I tell my wife the same thing.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice response here.

Ziggy and GRENDEL like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Take that ish to the D&D, this thread is to talk about where to find and help people find vaccines.

ElPigto likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday morning. No headaches, nausea, or weird feelings yet, and it's been about 28 hours. I took an extra strength Tylenol before bed last night just in case, but haven't had a need for any more.

Pringles and boomboom like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sharing a post from an ICU doctor.

I just admitted 3 patients to the ICU in 30 mins. All of them had qualified for the vaccine over a month ago but never got it. Sadly, all of them now have severe Covid. Please DON’T HESITATE when it’s your chance. It may be your last.