1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

atm, i like MSFT, AAPL and googl much better

saitou likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

if bitcoin just remains at current price, i think COIN is worth that $381, they've proven they can generate strong cashflow with btc at that price. short term there will be selling pressure from long time private shareholders/employees looking to exit, but eventually that will pass. from the s1 there seems to be no lockup period, so unlike traditional ipo where we get the insider sell-off after 6 months, we could get past the worst of that sell-off over the next month (and potentially brighter days ahead).

Ziggy likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The majority of Coinbase's revenue comes from fees, which, I think, in the long-term could be a problem. This is what a lot of people are wary of with them. If others enter the market and if more investors start looking for lower fees on transactions, a lot of people seem to think we could have a "fee war" like the equities market had with "zero-fee" transactions being. If more players enter the market on the U.S. side, I wonder if they'll start advertising fees and force a change on Coinbase's fees, thereby affecting revenues. I'm guessing they'll have to get into other things like NFT's or something in the future. If the market tanks again, there'll probably be a dead period where they won't be making a ton of money, but we're in a bull run right now, so even if it tanks, during the tanking, they'll be racking up transaction fees as everybody tries to dump crypto (just like last time).

On a side note, even moving many cryptos from wallet to wallet can be expensive, but I think the fact "dollars" are hidden, this is often overlooked by a lot of people (somewhat similar to how companies have their own coins to do transactions on their websites, in games, etc). I was pissed when I was seeing it was costing a chunk of money just to move stuff, but the gains have made me ignore it. lol.

Cokebabies likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

TMO buys PPD for $14B

TMO is a life science / diagnostic co.;
    PPD provides drug development services to the biopharma industry

@saitou, TMO's next target SDGR, no?​

#16064 adoo, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks for this! Ok, more to consider before adding.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I don't know enough to make that call, but certainly looks interesting, would allow tmo to be a vendor to drug companies for a lot if not all stages of the drug development cycle.

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Oh my coin buy order I forgot to cancel @ $323 filled. Took some profit lol.

#16067 saitou, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

A Surprise Winner From Coinbase's IPO? Rapper Nas
    Jones’ venture capital portfolio expands beyond just Coinbase. Named after the New York housing project where he grew up, QueensBridge has invested in more than 100 companies, including Casper, Dropbox, FanDeul, Parachute, Lyft LYFT +0.8% and Genius, since the rapper founded it in 2013. QueensBridge also invested in smart doorbell company Ring in 2014; it sold to Amazon AMZN -2% for $1.1 billion in 2018. Jones, himself, pocketed at least $25 million from the transaction.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...rom-coinbases-ipo-rapper-nas/?sh=79d5d06c7be6

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

No lockup but shares have not vested yet for many employees.

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo in terms of biz, CRL is more similar to PPD, if there's industry consolidation perhaps it could be another target? I won't be adding CRL here tho, I liked it when it was below $200; just holding for now.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall laughing at me for losing some money in a window of a few hours? Cuz it happens to me a LOT.

But I only lose if I sell. :cool:

I'm not sure if I am pumped or scared to be so crypto heavy, but with Coinbase it's simple, it might be its eventual undisputed industry leader by a longshot and disrupt other financial institutions, so... why not?

saitou, CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

SMH.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Only thing worse than being crypto-heavy is being dead to rights in all things EV related...

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

they don't understand; ziggy so rich from mara he buys stocks as bookmarks to track price for future buys. the man doesn't have time for watchlists :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

cup w handle in the making
    [​IMG]
    i see it this way
    • forming a handle to the coffee cup from early Feb, then pop off the handle
    • then evolving into another cup, top from Sep, then the handle and pop

sold 3375/3365 bullish PUT spread, collecting a premium $4.90, defining my max risk of $5.1​

saitou and noscrusir like this.
  16. NotInMyHouse

Be careful friends.

CCity Zero, saitou and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. NotInMyHouse

But if you’re Uber-bullish.

saitou likes this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I heard they have a solar roof too for that e$g

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So this is basically like part of the plot from Boiler Room and most other stock movies...

[​IMG]

Pretty crazy

dmoneybangbang and NotInMyHouse like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i don get it...??