1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Name your top **** coins to look out for. We know @Commodore is ready

Commodore likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden Media Flip NFTs.

Jontro likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Take your harden ass to the Brooklyn forum panther

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

DENT. you can find it on the apple store. its 50x in the last 3 months.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Knew this guy a couple of years ago that bought it , was the but of a bunch of jokes at the time...

Space Ghost likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why would I want to help some evil doctor? Don’t you have some microchips to implant in people or something?

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Like wartime pennies during WWII that were made of steel instead of copper because the copper was needed for the war effort?

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I am late to the party ( as usual. We owned a betamax and got it late in the game I contend the quality was WAY better than vhs)

I was going to set up a bovada account but it seems cumbersome.. i suck generally at sports betting.

Instead i set up a robinhood for very small playing and as of this typing i have 3,417
    doggy coins I will sell if it goes to 0.077517

this is more fun than gambling and easier.

saitou, lost_elephant and primtim24 like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Just seeing this post now. I saw it went slightly above what you wanted to sell for. I hope you didn’t. Should’ve waited till at least 420 if you really want to sell. You can always buy back before then. I have 27k and will hodl even if and when it reaches $1.

IBTL likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Price doesn't make sense to me. Vet went up almost triple since Feb without much news.

I heard it was BTC money chasing volume and price action for small cap alts but that sounds French to me.

12. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

Mostly ADA with small amount of DOT.
    but the crypto market is really resembling the dot com bubble right now.

13. Xerobull

Get in on AUDIO. Great project, solid tech and use case.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

How about the 1899 coin jobber that jabroni is always selling in the 3am infomercials? Now that's a coin!

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dogecoin. Sitting on many and watching it nearly double.... can't wait for it to stop being worth cents and actual dollars. I am a firm believer in the coin because:
    1. High profile: It's the funnest coin out there and most amusing. Therefore, it's one of the most interesting coins and it has a celebrities and billionaires supporting it regularly. It also has a racecar. Overall, it's by far one of the highest profile coins and it's still at a nice buy in point. I am thinking about buying more before it hits a dime, then a quarter, then the dollar values.
    2. Unique: It's got a dog on it and it's coming from a joke. This fact makes it interesting and stand out. When you think of alt coins, it has top-of-mind awareness which ties in with my previous point a bit.
    3. It's affordable and has a high upside. Because of this, you're going to likely see some serious returns in the future. You can own a bulk amount before its value really takes off. It's already more recognizable than most other alt-coins. Ask non traders if they have heard of Doge or Ripple, and I imagine DOGE is more known and that has value. People have to know a coin it exists for it to have any value at all.
    4. More and more places will accept it because -- they like PR. This is an easy way to adopt crypto as a payment and get in the news.
    5. Elon Musk said it best: "Fate loves irony".

IBTL likes this.
  16. Xerobull

It's a jokecoin. I may bail at .10. But it's a fun ride.

Andre0087 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

So have you? Not sure what to do either, wasn't expecting it to go up so quick.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

VET is maturing. Almost everything out there is either SOV/MOE or still in its infancy. Even all the NTF nonsense has a long way to go. During Q2021, VET rolled out PoA 2.0 and adjusted its TX costs via its voting protocol to ensure TX prices remain practical. As a result, Salesforce has come aboard.

The Real Shady and Yung-T like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

People can keep calling Doge a joke/shiit coin but those are just opinions. Truth is it’s been around for over 7 + years. Most actual shiit coins don’t even make it a year. Doge has increased over 163,000% from its ATL to its ATH of yesterday. Joke or not those are some serious gains.

20. Xerobull

I sold at .128. I'm an educated risk-taker, but right now my knowledge/feel for the overall market has holes in it, so that's the price I felt comfortable with selling at.

Trades? It's going super fast right now and I've been slammed with real life stuff the past week.

Long term? Eth, Helium, Audio, Uni...then a tossup between Armor, Perp, Si

Check out TokenMetrics on YouTube. Those guys are probably my best resource, they do this professionally. I'm expecting a lump sum soon and I will be joining their Professional tier subscription when I get it. Once I nail down my knowledge, I am going to liquidate my real estate and put it all in crypto.

I'm also working on forming an investment group for ICOs.

#20 Xerobull, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021