1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 4/12/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

He would not be crying after losses if he was told by GM to lose on purpose.

And GM has said publicly on several occasions that Rockets are not trying to tank.

Although Stone blames all the blowout losses on injuries.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if Silas is tanking he deserves the Oscar then...

burlesk, chadyang and D-rock like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps he cried because he suddenly realized what he did and what a terrible crime he was accomplice to?

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thank you for not answering the question the way that it was asked. I love that when people do that to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was stating fact.

Your hypothetical has no bearing in facts, unless you had a link to media even inferring this.

If Silas was commanded to Tank, he is investing a lot of wasted emotion and shetty body language doing so.

If Silas was commanded to Tank, just own it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes you did state “facts” but you didn’t answer the question I posed. That’s also a fact.

(facts was put into quotes is because you said Silas was crying and I’m pretty sure he hasn’t cried factually yet but he might. Hell, I might if this keeps going. The rest was just plain facts.)

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Silas was forced to tank by Stone, I would be going after Stone more.

But whatever respect i had left for Silas would go out the window.

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am the opposite. I think if Stone is actively trying to win meaningless games and give away a top 4 pick, I have problems with him.

Of course, you have to say that you aren't tanking. And, actually, tanking might be the wrong word. Tanking is sitting your best player for the remainder of a lost season even though he is healthy. If they are going to try to lose games, that is a conversation between nobody but Stone and Silas. Let the players play. Study how they play, learn their strengths and weaknesses. Don't call plays for them. Don't call timeouts to stop a run. Don't do any of those strategic things that you do to win a game.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Man if Aaron Brooks was 6’3......the possibilities

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

Sort of Agree with this notion - do everything possible to not win a game without making it blatantly obvious. Tough orders to follow for a new coach but it’s the only option - this squad was never good enough.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Isn't the first page load just the rankings by their records? lol. Or are you saying you got that after hitting the Sim Lottery button?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is joking. His dad is a certain Delvin Brooks.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

I deduced that. Still like to dream about #0, my favorite during those years, being 6'3 and crushing the league.

daywalker02 likes this.