1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NUMBERS] the j & j vaccine halt

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

6 people of 6.8 million suffered blood clots with this particular shot.

I was told that the border crossings that involved rapes and terrorists with numbers much higher were insignificant.

Should we pause immigration or are the blood clots at .00088% more important?

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im pretty sure it is all insignificant. because you have bleach. you can inject it into the rapists and terrorists and kill them, inject it into the JNJ vaccine recpients and it will cure the blood cots, inject that along with light into the covid patients. wonder drug/liquid

[​IMG]

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We should have a secure border.

Unfortunately I believe you are beating up a strawman as most of the modern GOP does.

We just believe a "secure border" doesn't entails a impractical wall and turning around 10 year olds who are unaccompanied.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean the CDC and FDA thought it was the right thing

But you make a strong point bringing up the Mexican rapist and terrorist

5. fchowd0311

When I go to a mall, movie theater, park or any public place I always am thinking in the back of my head "is this the day I'll be murdered by a Mexican terrorist?"

#5 fchowd0311, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    deb4rockets and No Worries like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly who the hell doesn’t want a secure border? I’m sure somewhere someone doesn’t.

If you want to want to stop illegal immigration just get the ok from corporations to make it flat out illegal and impossible to hire non citizens unless they have a federal document making it ok.

Oh wait..... you don’t want to stop cheap labor??!! Jokes aside it is as simple as that. People are not going to come to the US even close to the same amount if they can not work. Stupid ass wall and stupid ass people gullible enough to believe all this propaganda.

rockbox and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of this explains why Speedy Gonzales Is beloved by Latino people and hated by Gringos who call Latinos a fake word LatinX

is LatinX like the Spanish version of DMX?
    No
    It’s a label white Gringos labeled a whole ethnic group cause they think less of them

who’s going to watch space jam without the French and Mexican cartoon characters being cut by racists Gringos ?

@Os Trigonum

8. fchowd0311

LOL

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Murta

I want a secure border
    A pandemic free Texas
    And looney tunes with a full lineup
    People stop hating on DMX

and answers about the ufos that the military knows about
    [​IMG]

11. Major

Major Member

It's kind of fascinating how stupid you are. Someone should do a science experiment on you.

TheRealist137 and DVauthrin like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We should pause lives.

FDA and CDC are too conservative.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Big Pharma are not sending their best and brightest vaccines ...

It appears that you are having troubles with correlation versus causation.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For what it's worth:
    * Agree with you that stopping the J&J vaccine seems dumb. Blood clotting incidents from birth control pills and cigarettes totally dwarf the % from the J&J vaccine. And the chance of clotting from COVID is like 16% of people who contract it, so... 10,000 times more dangerous than getting that vaccine. LOL. Relevant comparisons are important in guiding policy.

* Have no idea what it has to do with the border. If you want to talk about risky human beings, we could do that, I guess. But immigrants are nearly always statistically at the bottom of that list. (shrugs). Again, relevant comparisons are important in guiding policy.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a brief period when I thought Astrodome was a reasonable conservative posting in good faith akin to MadMax early on (I don't think he considers himself conservative any longer). Then Astrodome quickly went into full on clown mode.

No Worries and Astrodome like this.
  17. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

6 in 6.8 million.......it is bad only when you have other choices, such as 0 in 150 million.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Initially, I didn't like the decision. But I changed my mind after reading their statement (lesson to self - read from source first). Not a complete 180, but a soft support now.

Yes, 6 in 6.8m is dumb, but that was not the reason for the pause. The reasons, to me, are:

1- Let the public know. What symptoms to look out for.
    2- Let the medical community know. Keep an eye out for it (takes 6-13 days after vaccination) and treat it correctly (what to avoid and what to use).
    3- I'm guessing a huge portion of the 6.8m was within the last 2 weeks. That, together with 1 & 2, should give you a better indication of the real incidents soon.
    4- There is little impact on vaccination given that J&J is a slim % of US vaccines.
    5- While there could be an effect on hesitancy due to the announcement and press coverage itself, the opposite could also be true - CDC/FDA takes every case seriously and you can trust us to be open and honest.

Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

jchu14 and B-Bob like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Given the rapid development and limited testing these vaccines got I'm OK with exercising a bit more caution if they start to discover problems, especially given that there are alternative vaccines available.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

idc. Im already double chipped.

Reasons why it was halted:
    J&J RF chip too weak to be detected
    J&J didn't pay enough dues to the Democrat Presidential slush fund
    J&J too effective

Amiga and fchowd0311 like this.