1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm not arguing with the stats. I'm arguing with the interpretation of the stats.

Bradley Beal is averaging over 30ppg this season. When Iguodala was an all-star, he averaged 12.4ppg. Obviously, ppg alone doesn't encapsulate a player, but clearly, Iguodala was more of a high-end role player than a star.

Sorry, but you're wrong. You said that Draymond Green was literally the best defender of the modern era. Again, if that were true, he'd have more than 1 DPOY.

You really should stop arguing this. You got caught in an exaggeration, and instead of amending your statement, you doubled down on your wrongness.

Draymond Green has more of a case than Gobert? Leonard?

It's not my fault that your points are undermined by the words you chose to express them.

Again, you're 100% wrong. You said that Rodman, one of the best offensive rebounders in league history, would be "actually useless on the Warriors on offense." If you don't want to argue about semantics, then stop using hyperbole.

When you're called "stupid" for saying stupid things like this, you have no right to be mad at anyone but yourself.

That's a load of crap. When a player shoots such a low percentage, there's no telling when he'll eventually make one. It's stupid to say "he had the ability to hit timely threes."

Unsurprisingly, you missed the point.

You said that Ben Wallace couldn't guard 1-5 like Draymond Green. I responded that DG would be unable to guard Shaq like Ben Wallace did. And here we are now.

Then say that. Because that's not what you said previously. Is English your second language? That would explain your constant miscommunication.

You've said a lot of stupid things so far, but this might be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said in the history of Clutchfans.

You really think that a lineup of Patty Mills, Danny Green, Jonathon Simmons, Lamarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, and a hobbled Kawhi Leonard averaging less than 24 mpg could beat a lineup of Curry/K.Thompson/Durant/Iguodala/Pachulia?

Again, stupidest thing ever said in the history of Clutchfans.

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You really love defending Curry, lol.

#1862 TWS1986, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

A “superstar” carrying a bad team isn’t amazing. It’s quite normal. What’s not normal is having a superstar and failing to make the playoffs. GS is about to do that twice in a row with Steph.

#1863 Icehouse, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Icehouse

False. You brought the all-star teammate rubric into this convo, not me. I’m not nitpicky for calling you out on a false claim. The Blazers don’t have more than one on their roster. The Grizz have zero.

Own your false statements. It’s ok to admit you misspoke.

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yup the 10th seed champion

Why do curry casuals always have harden on their minds

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's always been about relative strength. It's more difficult to make it to the playoffs this year than it was in 2016. Even if we include Lillard as an all-star in 2016, the Grizzlies and Mavericks didn't have any all-stars whereas the current top 7 playoff teams have all-stars.

The problem with including "all-star caliber" guys is that it's too subjective. Obviously, we can all agree that 2016 Lillard was all-star caliber. But you have guys like HP3 claiming that Andre Iguodala was a "former star".

I'd be happy to say I misspoke if we can find a better adjective.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's also not normal to expect a superstar to make the playoffs when he only plays 5 regular season games.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes doing a godly job of arguing carry in this thread , i am rooting for him defending indefensible...

fckbandwagons and TWS1986 like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Agreed, I admire his energy and efforts. A true, consummate professional.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And Zion has three h2h’s coming against GSW in the thrilling battle for the 10th seed ...

Nook, jerryclark and TWS1986 like this.
  11. Icehouse

You misspoke by saying teams above GS this season had multiple all-star players when they clearly don't (some of them).

It's normal to expect your superstar to be durable, so he can play games and carry your team. It's also one of the reasons a team can't rely on Anthony Davis. Curry's fragility is a weakness, same as it was for Yao eventually.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Approaching 100 pages... Curry can still carry his own thread.

Nook, jiggyfly, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Quote me where I said they all had multiple all-stars.

You hope your superstar is durable, but if he's not, that doesn't preclude him from being a superstar.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Because lets face it this thread was a putdown on Curry so that Harden fans can feel better about him being ringless

#1874 GreatOne1978, Apr 13, 2021
  15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Look at the toll it takes on a body when you go to the finals (And WIN BTW) many years in a row...look at KD, look at Lebron, look at Klay and look at Curry. Deep playoff runs has implications especially on the body of these players. Curry has earned the benefit of the doubt because he has gotten the job done to the tune of 3 rings.

Harden has literally choked every year for the last 6 postseasons and he took the easiest damn way out of Houston into a front running team in the (L)eastern conference. Couldn't get it done with prime Dwight, couldn't' get it done with CP3, couldn't get it done with Russ. Pathetic, shameful and embarrassing.

#1875 GreatOne1978, Apr 13, 2021
  16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

that's because curry had some of the best teammates you can ask for to get a ring... scott foster and adam silver.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes carrying Carry in hardenlike fashion with no superstar help,
    hes reaching @bballholic / jopat levels of carrying

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NAILED IT
    people think its missing klay or dray falling off a cliff, but this is closest to the facts imho.. if zebras dont wont you to win you stand no chance and vice versa

clutchdabear and TWS1986 like this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

100%.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very well put and I have to admit that the age has to be a qualifier but then you think he was once vying for the best player in the World with Lebron.

This was very logically laid out with no bias.

SuperMarioBro likes this.