1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Adam Silver scratch our back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 15, 2021.

?

Will Adam Silver scratch our back?

1. No, it's not rigged

2. No, he'll screw us over and give OKC #5

3. Yes, he'll take care of business

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, most of us believe it's rigged but are split down the middle as to what Silver will do.

2. Plowman

Supporting Member

So is the gambling that goes along with it.
    Games are fixed every night.

Corrosion and Entropy like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And all of those future billions of dollars are flushed down the toilet if that were ever exposed (and it would be). I don't see how it could possibly be worth the risk.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not only do we have to land the pick, we have to hope that pick pans out.

5. DonatelloLimestone

This. The draft is not a science and while some teams have done well, we’ve seen the current stars come from all over the place.
    Jokic was a 2nd rounder,
    Embiid was a top 3
    Giannis was a mid teen
    Dame/curry were mid lottery

There are some obvious people not to draft, like Marcus Banks with motivations to be a model in a draft interview..., but measuring their motivations, work ethic, potential is just a crap shoot. It makes all the late first rounder picks interesting, but very volatile and unstable in predicting if they will ever even crack our rotation.

Do we have a good player development team and philosophy in place? A culture/identity/ vets to enforce it in place? All of these things worry me with an owner who might be quick to run off our assistant coaches, role players, basically the moves that don’t make the headlines but make a difference in day to day function.

There is a reason Miami pays haslem to not even play. There’s a reason one of our best players cited a guy as the X factor that rockets didn’t keep up their run when all of us looking at his TS/PEr or whatever else write him off as the sum value, quote from chris paul :“People don’t realize, that’s the biggest thing that we missed. That was tough when we lost [Ariza] because he sorta was like the glue. He was that glue for our team.”

So basically in some ways we got in return some hope that these picks materialize, that some 16 year old is working on his game and then odds fall to us to be able to get him in several years, or we can be smart with assets and get good trade off or just draft well. In any case its a massive question mark.

There are promising prospects coming this year. I love the new Gleague team allows young talent to play against actual professionals so we can scout them better, and the high school flood gates will be opened back up soon. There are no guaranteed lebron like people, but with the right situation some of these guys can be special. Stone has picked up some great sleepers who I think can contribute for a while(Tate, KMJ) and a I hope we kept Morey’s data team and can hit our picks.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Plowman

Supporting Member

7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Tilman would've gone with his family and no players

juanm34 likes this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t think the draft is rigged. I don’t think Ernst and young would risk their reputation over it. I think the draft was almost certainly rigged in the past, but not anymore.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If you have spotify listen to Whistleblower. Does the name Tim Donaghy ring a bell?

harold bingo likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so what were the odds of the fakers getting the #4 pick with the 11th worst record AND pelicans getting the #1 with 8th worst record, right before the AD trade?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Silver will do the Rockets a solid. Rockets gave the East a fighting chance by trading the whole team there. Plus I think the NBA ratings are struggling without an engaged Houston fanbase.

Stone has been greasing the NBA elite this season. I think he gets it. I think Stone gets the social game of the NBA more than Morey.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shook out here trying to jinx the squad

ElPigto and DreamShook like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

if there’s no rigging that’s going on, then there sure has been some very big coincidences at the very least

Cavs finished with the 9th worst record and got the #1 pick right when Bron is deciding to come home in 2014

Bulls finished with the 10th worst record, and got the #1 overall pick right when hometown superstar Derrick Rose is entering the league

Only question I have is why the Knocks never got the hook up, because Lord knows they needed one all these years.

BossHogg713 and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Red Dagger

Red Dagger Member

I’ve always suspected it was to try and force Dolan out, he had an opportunity to give them Zion just recently but nope

juanm34 and Reeko like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes but Tim Donaghy wasn't fixing games for the league.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

They did. They got Patrick Ewing and blew their chance.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m talking about in recent times when they’ve been in the lottery year after year...Patrick Ewing was almost 40 years ago

Adam Silver hasn’t hooked them up

#57 Reeko, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

" Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
    You had a lottery pick and your brain stops tickin' " -Adong Silver, lyrics written by LeeBron James

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST!

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Silver is a Jewish-American from NY.

Fertitta is a Sicilian from Galveston. Mafia connects in NY.

Silver does not want to deal with this problem!