1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teacher goes on racist rant, not realizing Zoom was on.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Apr 9, 2021.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are far too many to quote. Here are some of them.

It would help if you were to read the whole studies for more context, but since you have demanded the Trump scaled down version, you can start with this. Sadly though, it will be hard for you to have a meaningful discussion on it since you refuse to do even the minimal research required.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Still no source

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She's not the only teacher to have bias - many far worse than hers. The suggestion that a teacher can't be qualified for having stereotypical views as it will result in unfair treatment of her students seems like a stretch to me.

There is truth that black parents don't take as active interest in their children's education as parents of other races. This is a problem. The teacher expressed this very poorly. But I would want to look at her effectiveness as a teacher overall before judging her. What if she was an effective teacher even with black students? Should that be taken into consideration?

pgabriel and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There was, you just didn't read the post. Try again.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thank you for summing yourself up so succinctly.

This is all you need to know about you as a poster.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with most of this but if she can go on a rant like she did with any kid I have to question if she is actually an effective teacher at all and you don't get to continue to to teach in that environment when you make public statements like that no matter how effective you are.

This was not a slip of the tongue, these thoughts have been deeply embedded for awhile.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The original article and comprehension of how the language works is all the source one would need. Notice the word 'since'. It implies a change.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Arrogant liberal. Your opinion is not a source

Edit: I'm black you already know. Where I go the educated negro card as I've explained to another poster I used this insult against, it stems from poor white people's white people's frustration with integration coming and being fought for by the black clergy and educated elite.

That's where I get the term from, obviously it was a racist insult but I use it to describe guys like you who don't to admit black problems. You would rather black people look good than admit the internal problems. Unfortunately too many black leader have this issue

I always talk about even Obama catching flack early on from black leaders for saying blacks on for saying black parents need to take more responsibility in their kid's education.

You done argued 3 pages this kid is a good student out of emotion and appearance. Who gives a damn either way. Who gives a damn if other kids are struggling with Zoom learning. The thread is about this kid his mother wasn't engaged

#348 pgabriel, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Was that hard to post a quote on your opinion. Fifty ****ing posts if me not reading your evidence. I have a life bro, forgive me for not reading entire studies on a message board.

Anyhow

The first quote is an anecdote

On the second quote, school district funding varies. HISD is a wealthy district by Texas official standards. It has inner city schools

School funding or lack thereof isn't about racism, it's about economics. We already have Brown vs Board of Education. So the government has already fixed school, if an individual district is underfunded, its not racist because the suburb district is wealthier.

Again HISD is designated a district that has to share it's excess. I'm bringing that up again because the government is trying to fix the inequalities in education funding. It can only do so much

On teachers losing the will to keep fighting to help black kids, teachers are hired to teach. If they have no support from parents it's not racist or unfair for them to not give extra effort. God bless the ones who keep hope alive but they don't have that extra stress in other communities

#349 pgabriel, Apr 13, 2021
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you agree with him saying the same thing as I do. He is saying the exact same thing. Black parents aren't as involved. That doesn't mean 100% of black parents, it means it's a big problem that perpetuates the cycle of poverty.

Secondly you agree she has a right to be frustrated.

So if you agree with him saying it, why do you get upset that I think we need to focus more on internal issues in homes if we want to break the cycle of poverty

As far as me always talking about, I don't give a damn about any other societal issue than the state of black men. I don't care about Trump, gun control/mass shootings, immigration, etc etc etc. I have opinions on these topics and I post angrily on everything sometimes but I am tired of seeing black men struggle because of basic lack of life lessons that the government can't teach. It has to start at home

@FranchiseBlade
    @JayGoogle

JumpMan likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You said previously that you are interested in stopping the poverty cycle. So I had hoped that you might read a few studies related to understanding issue.

The one anecdote was an example showing the problems. It was one of many.

You need to do some research on housing and racism and rich districts. It is directly related to racism. There have been many posts about that on these boards.

Nobody is saying the child and parents shouldn't try and do their best and take responsibility. But it is necessary to also address the racism that exists in education.

Teachers that don't see the potential in students and believe that because they are black they are just making excuses, prevents that student from having equitable opportunities in his education.

mdrowe00 and JayGoogle like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agreed with @jiggyfly post, not @Sweet Lou 4 2 post, he said he didn't agree with ALL of his post, but I agreed with his POST. Do you see me liking the other post? No. Because I don't agree with it.

There are NO studies that show that black parents care less about their children's future than other races. None.

She can be frustrated by whatever she wants to be, doesn't excuse the racist rant.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is evidence that black parents are less involved in their children's education

https://www.jbhe.com/2017/10/new-re...ent-involvement-in-their-childrens-education/

pgabriel likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a reason for this, because 'black' problems are not 'black' problems, they are human problems. I don't think these problems are inherent to being black. Black people, surprise, care about their children just as much as white people do. This might shock you, but it's the truth. Circumstances, which vary wildly from person to person, can make it harder for a parent to take care of their children.

If their child doesn't go to Harvard and becomes a doctor it's not because the parent didn't care about their child's education. To imply so is to make a huge jump in assumption you can't prove. Just as you've done with the mother.

Secondly, I do not think your approach helps ANYTHING. Creating and encouraging stereotypes historically NEVER works, you and people like you, make the problem worse. Never better. Negative stereotypes that black people can't be good parents isn't helping anyone you claim to want to help. There is literally 0 benefit to it as far as I'm concerned, I've never seen a point in history where negative stereotypes help a demographic group. People aren't children, scolding them does nothing but signal to other groups that this group is inferior, that's all you're doing.

It isn't though lol. The thread is about how a lady went on a racist rant and was meant to be funny.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But blacks are last in education and my theory is broken homes.. I never claimed there was a study

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is not evidence that black people don't care as much about their child's education, which is the claim I'm arguing.

I didn't look through the entire thing i'm slightly familiar with it but let me explain how one set of stats can mislead people into creating negative stereotypes for people.

Now why would this be? Can we think of reasons as to why? One reason that would be is black people, often poorer, are either working to put food on the table or keep the lights on and don't have time to attend school or class events. It could be that more are single parents. It's not a stat that says "Black people don't care about their children's education."

The stat says what it says. Less involved can be true, but less involved for what reason? That's another question.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Saying broken homes need to be fixed promotes stereotypes? Thanks for proving my point educated negro. You're worried about the wrong thing

#357 pgabriel, Apr 14, 2021
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people who can afford to live in wealthy districts do.

You totally ignored my HISD example so I'm definitely ignoring your anecdote

#358 pgabriel, Apr 14, 2021
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is sad.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ok guy, I know there isn't a study, that's my point.

No, talking about how black people don't care about parenting is a negative stereotype. Encouraging this helps literally no one.