1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall need to see the Door!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 12, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You build a Door in the WALL.

This is the way.

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Trading Paul was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made... Probably one of the (if not THE) biggest I've ever seen any NBA team make in my lifetime. And I'm pretty sure furtits is to blame.

Corrosion, xaos and thekad like this.
  3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Knowing Fertitta, we will play out every single remaining game on this clown Wall's contract. Look forward to being the worst in the league for the next 3 years, Rockets fans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Thank God you’re not GM]

Yeah, I’d pay to send him off. 2 picks and he’s yours. (...Easier said than done. Not for another bad contract but expiring and/or into someone’s cap space this summer)

2022/2023 own picks
    Milwaukee swap
    Portland pick
    Detroit pick
    Milwaukee pick
    Washington pick
    Brooklyn picks

Whether it’s Cade or KP (or even Suggs), let them sink/swim at PG

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Stuck with him. Nothing you can do about it really. Silas needs to get him under control though because there IS something you can do about him...

topfive likes this.
  6. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Either way the tanks is likely still on next season too.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's true that Wall needs to go, but being stuck with him is still better than being stuck with Westbrook.

xaos likes this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We may be in the cellar, but Wall's ceiling is high. With him on the floor, we can extend our window. If he gets the door, I'm gonna hit the roof.

eliefor3, Easy, tinman and 2 others like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RW would have pushed us out of the top 4 AND we got a FRP. Wall was always going to miss a ton of games, and... due to having his conscience surgically removed at a young age, is a bona fide jack, who isn't about winning.( I know he's been out for a very long time and still isn't right..ie pressing..so I make the previous statement to a degree tongue in cheek...it's a mix) I see some of the TMac Complex in him.So, it's worked out okay for us, all things considered to this point.

Now though, KPjr needs to be given the reins out top. It's time for John to go have that knee cleaned up asap. As to next season, I'm not a fan of attaching picks to get rid of him...At the same time the thought of him being on this roster all year makes me cringe. I don't think he's a good influence on Porter, but seeing as we're going to be headed for a high pick again, and can move him as an expiring after that in a desirable deal, I'm inclined to wait.
    The idea of a buyout is likely a non starter as he almost assuredly won't accept that.
    My fear is that ownership gets impatient and adds picks in the off-season along with whatever else in a move for players that are too old for a pure rebuild and we never have a real chance.
    The key as I see it is patience. I honestly see him missing more games than he plays next year so this should take care of itself. But, when push comes to shove Porter's development should be top priority.

juanming likes this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Maybe he wants to force his way out?

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely don't want wall's game influencing Kevin Porter Jr's.

Plowman likes this.
  12. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

My only thing with Wall is if he was off the team, more minutes would go to guys who are promising and need to develop ala KPJ.

However, he’s instrumental to the tank and in two years when we have more assets and could potentially pry someone from another team, his expiring contract will be a catalyst for that happening.

BamBam likes this.
  13. Entropy

Entropy Member

There IS something you can do. You can let him rot at home so the other players can actually learn to play without his horrible influence and bad habits rubbing off on them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Once, our ceiling was through the roof. Now, the Wall doesn't meet the door.

Will likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Unloading Wall isn't as simple as some here seem to think. We have 3 options with him this summer, none of which are enticing:
    • keep him until his contract becomes tradable in the final year
    • package him with enough assets (including FRPs) to convince someone to take him in a trade
    • buy him out or waive him, which wouldn't much alter our cap issues going forward

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so simple yet you prolly cant do it cause media and the players union would tear rockets management apart

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Door need Wall. Wall need Door - Frankenstein. and Wolfman discuss.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . .. I am good with letting him walk after two years for nothing but cap space

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't know about who we are going to draft
    so I'm going to wonder about wall

@Xerobull

Xerobull likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

show me the money!!!