1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KMJ the real hidden gem. Not KPJ.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slabhurta3, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Slabhurta3

Slabhurta3 Member

I don't know what you guys watching. Everyone on the board wants KPJ to be the next best thing since slice bread. Yet we have to baby him and give excuses for his shortcomings. Ie (he's only 20 and others blah blah blah). He is blessed to be in the NBA just like others rookies that work they ass off cause they know nothing is a given. Look at Tate for an example, full effort. Why? He knows why....

Now to the guy I see with the highest ceiling of all our young players. KMJ!! Have you been paying attention to those 3pt shots lately. ( a so called weak area for him) He isn't a high draft pick so espn and other outlets aren't on him yet but his elite blocking defense would be on espn all day if let's say this was Zion. You tell me who is more impressive on shot blocking? Dudes timing and athleticism is on baby LeBron levels. Yet he goes along while our staff has to continue to feed the babies so they won't get mad (kpj/wall/wood).

What I don't know yet about KMJ is can he create on his own, he does alot of things right on that court as does Tate, who is another keeper.

How is it that no KMJ threads on the front page?

13 in 33, FLASH21, UTSA2step and 10 others like this.
  2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

we may have to pause the tank and win some games.

the natives are restless.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

KMJ can’t create his own shot.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

For the record. Tate is not a 20 year old rookie/sophomore. He is 25 and already played pro ball.

Highlyrated and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

KMJ is going to be very nice. Porter still has the higher upside, but i don’t see him as a franchise player though.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are these Korean boy bands?

jiggyfly, Y2JT, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

KMJ is a beast in 2K.

BallSoHarden and Streakshooter like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can we trade him for MPj yet

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

por que no los dos?

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Fabio Olynyk da real gem...o_O
    @Os Trigonum

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Exactly this. KMJ can't. KPJ can. All things equal (which they aren't), I would rather have a 6'-4" guard (who looks 6'-6") than a 6'-6" forward.

We already had the best small ball player in NBA history, and we lost. Let's not try to reconstruct that with inferior talent.

mac_got_this and ashleyem like this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I like KMJ but he would not have cracked the rotation if he is playing for a playoff calibre team. His ball handling is definitely not at NBA level right now. Shooting is okay but way too streaky. There is a reminiscence of K.J. McDaniels in the way he plays. He has potential to be a great complementary player but his floor can be really low.

13. DonatelloLimestone

It doesn’t have to be kpj vs Kmj. We have them both for 2-3 years after this one on rookie contracts. KPJ throwing food at his gm(I’m curious if any reports have said what food he throw to paint a better picture) and then stone bringing in KMJ, Tate, and wood has been a great silver lining for us to look forward to.

KMj has the skill set, like Tate, to be able to fit with any type of player and team. They are gritty, have shown improvement shooting, and then play with a chip to get that board, make a stop, or just play physical. Both of them are the type of players that stars would want to play with.

14. ballgame

ballgame Member

Both are nice BUT REMEBER KPJ is playing a NEW POSITION. He played SF in Cleveland and for the numbers he's putting up as a 20yr old, playing the PG position for the first time is FREAKING AWESOME.

15. DonatelloLimestone

Agreed, PG is now the most important position the way the league is played. He showed his talent right off the bat in the dleague, but the carry over into the nba has been impressive. He is still a very young player getting his first shot, like many of the players on this team. The ceiling is very high for this guys career so long as he keeps his straight and respects the process of being great, he’s got the instcincts and visions

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

While I think the premise of this thread is ludicrous (Martin over Porter), I do think that KMart has been playing much better of late. In light of his recent games (specifically his hot shooting), I am wondering if Martin's future is looking brighter at the 3? Given his height and length that is definitely the better spot for him imo. I have just questioned whether his shot and ball handling would allow him to play more on the perimeter. It looks like the shot might be coming around. So, is Martin an energy 4 off the bench or a more valuable 3&D small forward?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Possum

Possum Member

Why the hate on any of these players? I’m enjoying watching these young guys grow. I like this core. Add Cade or Mobley plus more first round picks and let’s see what we have. I’m rooting for all of them.

ive has enough of these ring chasing primadonnas. we are never going to win a championship by bringing in high priced vets and building the team around them. Houston just doesn’t have the draw. Develop young talent and build around it. More fun to watch too.

jiggyfly, burlesk and 18pbr like this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

Who is hating? Nobody had touched this thread for a month. I bumped it merely to ask if Martin could be turning a corner here at the end of the season becoming a viable nba wing.

Otherwise, I agree this team needs to be built through the draft and by acquiring talent and developing.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the reason we don't talk about him is because he isn't a ball dominant guy .... someone has to get him the ball for him to produce.

If he can create on his own that'll change the narrative .... and the prospects of this team cause he is already a very good player.

I mentioned weeks ago that he was shooting ~35% from three ..... and he's improved upon that lately.

topfive likes this.