1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't likely to be concerned with solicitation charges.... and we don't know how the defense is going to claim these sexual encounters happened. Did they result from flat out solicitation or is Watson going to claim that DURING the massages these women suddenly decided to engage in sexual behavior.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At this point he has to balance the continued/ongoing damage to his brand, when he wants to even attempt to play football again, and whether or not the issue of playing in Houston again still exists. If this is going to be dragged out by both parties, and eventually go to trial, Watson may not be eligible to play at all next year... and depending on the result/appeals/additional lawsuits, things could effectively be dragged out indefinitely.

I do feel they're going to try and find a way to settle all of this... along with an admission that he has a problem/sexual addiction, and will seek out treatment. Admitting his behavior was inappropriate, and that he's seeking help, will help him get on the field and get eventual endorsements back faster vs. any other route. America forgives... but only when there's an admission of fault. I don't think they'll be able to prove sexual assault charges but they've admitted he was having relations with these women and Watson still has yet to fully explain what that means and whether or not that was a primary motive in seeking out so many encounters.

Then it will be up to the Texans whether or not they want to explore voiding his contract due to morality clause issues, whether or not they want to try and keep him if he's willing to rejoin them... or explore finally trading him with the complete unknown whether or not other teams will give appropriate value (unlikely).

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

You mean having him ask them to massage his butt hole, having him not wear a towel as they asked, having his waist jutting out while he ejaculates, having them grab their ass and in at least one case force oral sex .... isn't something that is easily misconstrued? That isn't normal massage etiquette?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if they did claim it was solicitation, it wouldn't be Watson making that claim, he won't be testifying to that under oath. If a solicitation charge came, he'd just deny it, as would the women, so he'd be in the clear.

Nook likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, that's what I do when I'm getting 3-4 massages per week from unlicensed masseuses, I kind of thought it was standard practice.

Nook likes this.
  6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If these unlicensed "therapists" are advertising massage services that is against the law, HPD raids massage parlors left and right for this. Their credibility as well as any licensed therapist charging well over the going hourly rate for mobile or in office massage deserve to be questioned as well. Same goes for therapists wearing skimpy clothing, using code words for sex and or advertising no draping in their ads. They can't do any of that stuff and be surprised a stranger isn't going to get the wrong idea.

That said, there's no credible denial that Watson was not trolling for sex.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

The butthole masseuse was unlicensed. It could be normal unlicensed massage etiquette for her. She is someone who surely knew that she was unqualified to be a massage therapist for a professional athlete and quite possibly did other stuff to command above market prices.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Belichick is probably offering a 2nd rounder and Cam to help the Texans get rid of this Deshaun Watson problem.

joshuaao, DreamShook, Nook and 3 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe, but she told him she was not licensed and he still wanted her to give him a massage. Is there any evidence that they discussed sex pricing? Anything is possible, but at this point I haven't seen any evidence that she is a prostitute.

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IBTL and DreamShook like this.
  11. mightybosstone

Great, balanced piece from ESPN. I read it on my lunch break. They did a fantastic job of laying out how he could have done what he's accused of doing in such a short period of time, and they did a great job incorporating a ton of sources from both sides. Getting the texts and Instagram posts definitely added context. Just a solid piece of journalism.

The more that gets written about this, the more I find it hard to believe the man is innocent. Aside from actual DNA evidence or a videotape, those texts and messages are about as damning as evidence could be. They're a little ambiguous, but you pair them with 22 different women making these claims, and it's hard not to side with the massage therapists. This man's reputation is shot, and he should consider himself lucky if he doesn't get any jail time and ever gets to play professional football again.

Kim, zeeshan2 and joshuaao like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 and B-Bob like this.
  13. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I've been clear what Watson wanted. There isn't any evidence of anything illegal except her illegal massage operation. Unlicensed therapists are a big reason that the massage industry is viewed in negative light. It's assumed that unlicensed therapists charge the same or more than a legit therapist because extra services come with an unlicensed massage. That makes it tough on legit therapists to compete for clients.

Some therapists wind up allowing things to happen with the client that crosses professional standards. Therapists that are deeply troubled with non draped clients or any offensive behavior have to be super clear that they will immediately terminate service with no refunds when any unprofessional client conduct occurs. That sucks but it's their best defense from it happening to them

Watson and others are line pushers. I certainly do not agree with the conduct of these men. That said, law enforcement has a huge problem with unlicensed therapists. Unlicensed therapists provide a breeding ground for sex trafficing. I highly doubt that the vast majority of home or hotel based therapists have never been propositioned,

jiggyfly and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Can't read this and not think of Charlie....

[​IMG]

Kim, King1, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My analogy of another sexual deviant William Jefferson Clinton went over your head.

Clinton denied having an affair in the White House and got caught by his *** on a dress then changed his story.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

That's the old playbook. Under the new playbook, you can get caught paying $160K hush money to a p*rn star and still deny it ever happened.

mikol13, ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still waiting for that DNA case to begin.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Last I checked, Clinton was involved in a consensual sexual relationship with Monica Lowinski

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just depends on how woke you are, many who are too far gone would argue that the power disparity between the two would mean that the intern couldn't consent.

Fortunately we're not that dumb.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  20. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Who is going to be this cases Linda Tripp?