1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Lost all respect for DW4. Doesn't even matter if all 22 cases are dismissed. You have at least 13 females accusing him of going too far with names, not Jane Doe. May or may not be level of sexual assault but by admitting sex was involved, his reputation is gone. Is his girlfriend still with him?

This is so sad...

gatsby likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If it's consensual, is it really that bad? I guess he could be a sex addict and just needs to get help. Obviously waiting to get the whole story at some point although not looking good for DW4.

Hakeemtheking and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to wonder if the Pats are behind an elaborate info ops campaign to sully DW's reputation so they can trade for him at a heavily discounted rate. Caserio does a couple of more years here and sucks, then is rehired as the NE GM. Billy boy has his star QB replacement and Caserio is officially their GM. Needless to say, I don't trust the Pats. #Deshaungate

Maybe I've spent too much time in third world countries, this couldn't happen in the US right? Yet the timing of the allegations, the day before the league year starts doesn't seem random.

We all would like to believe our star QB is not a deviate, but the sheer number of accusers and their similar stories seems to overcome any sane person's resistance to his presumed innocence.

I imagine Buzbee could have mapped all of this out and all of the claims could be legit, but something just doesn't smell right (pun intended).

Like others I wish the settlement was done and all sides were moving forward with their lives. I for one do not enjoy these kind of public trials and their associated drama. Rusty's opening of Pandora's Box of names could backfire horribly... what a mess.

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Even if all this was 'consensual' it is. He was sold as a good person and he played the part. I guess he just couldn't go the Harden route as his reputation couldn't be soiled but this stuff is just sad.

Again, in a he said she said situation who you believe depends....

But if all those ladies are lying then DW4 is just in for some pain. He lost all his endorsements.

May be suspended. Can even do jail time, remember, charges were file against him.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it’s consensual, it just means it’s a different crime. The NFL will not be happy about that either. When you are participating in illegal activities, you run the risk of criminal charges and open yourself up for blackmail and extortion. Proving you aren’t sexually assaulting people only cleans up your name a little.

ElPigto likes this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

22 is a whole team

Pimpin ....
    is not easy

[​IMG]

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

“Consensual encounters”

It was just an encounter, and it was completely consensual.:D

Consensual Encounters sounds like the title of a made for TV movie.

8. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Absolutely right here.

Happy endings not exactly OK in eyes of the law. These 'endings' give real therapists a bad name.

Only speculation here.

What if he started off using them for real as in working on his muscles. Then one time, he gets a happy ending and got hooked. Then he tries to get the same high and while some will, others won't and he got this mess on his hands now.

BTW, why make all sign Nondisclosure forms? Got something to hide? Obviously...

ElPigto and theDude like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

If it's just prostitution in the end, I doubt the NFL does anything. It's likely many NFL athletes engage in that, and the NFL did nothing when one of their owners was caught, on video, engaging it in a sex trafficking environment. Would pretty hard to go after a player for it at this point. The assault element is the key for anything regarding the NFL.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

It's the law suits and that is very bad look.
    You think call ladies will sue? These ladies are not those types of pros and they be taking him to court.

It is making the shield look bad.

Suspensions for sure.

And if he loses the civil suits or gets hung up on potential criminal suit he will suffer and the team will also.

Sad situation all around.

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm guessing he reached out for two different types of massages given what he was in the mood for. He no doubt wanted legit massages, as many NFLers do, to deal with the wear and tear of training camp and the season. Thus the 18 positive testimonials. But it appears he also was shopping for erotic massages, and thus the Instagram search. It looks like he sometimes mixed up team A (legit masseuses like Ashley Solis) with team B, and this is where he started running into trouble. I think that Hardin wants to "out" and pick off the B teamers (while building a narrative of guilt by association to be used against all Plaintiffs) and then probably settle with the A teamers.

theDude likes this.
  12. theDude

Supporting Member

Could be. But remember that was a criminal case where charges were dropped. Kraft didn't have to do anything there and maintained his innocence the entire time. It looks like Watson is going to either have to beat this thing in court (where it appears that Hardin will contend that this was just prostitution), or he's going to have to settle out of court. Settling out of court is not an admission of guilt, but this has been THE story of the month, and not just in sports, so it's hard for me to see the NFL doing nothing.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  13. theDude

Supporting Member

I think you are pretty spot on. The one difference I see is that it appears he's going to have to settle with all of them since the cases were consolidated today. What I think he is going to do is pull up the IG pages of the ones that are obviously pros and build the narrative that these were consensual encounters, then settle. Hardin will use the names to be able trash them a little and polish Watson up some. I could see him claiming that Deshaun decided to settle so that he wouldn't have to drag these ladies through the mud and the settlement is a way for everyone to move on.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Major

Major Member

They were only consolidated for pre-trial matters like what was dealt with today since the same arguments will be relevant for each case. The cases themselves weren't consolidated, though.

theDude likes this.
  16. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

This sounds about right.

Should have settled when it first came out, before it went public. His team played with fire and DW4 is now burnt toast no matter what.

He is not getting endorsements back.

He put off the league and the team.

He is good enough to come back but he is not face of the franchise, MVP hype. That ship has sailed.

In the end, can't trust anyone and if a person looks too good to be true, probably is.

Again sad situation for home and this team.

Houston curse...

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Today was nothing but theater for the media and the public. Rusty Hardin has access to Deshaun's instagram and his phone. If Hardin doesn't know each of their names already he should be sued for malpractice. He just wants to throw some dirt on them through the media to lower the settlement number, but he didn't want to start that $hitshow by leaking their names himself.

Nook and primtim24 like this.
  19. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

From Watson continuously backing up O'Brien to this mess he is in now one thing has become abundantly clear. Watson's judgment is absolute garbage. I do not know what Hardin was trying to accomplish with his 2 'o' clock press conference but color me not impressed.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member