1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The whole "they wanted it" strategy is difficult when there are 22 of them.

IBTL and Nook like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How exactly do you know this is BS? Nothing has happened besides two egotistical lawyers swinging their dicks around attempting to gain sympathy from somebody. Other than that, I can't determine if Watson is guilty or not. I'm curious how you came to that conclusion already?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

to her defense... she only met him 2-3 weeks ago...

desihooper and Nook like this.
  4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You are correct that the issue isn't knowing the names. The issue is to make the names public. Then their social media postings and past history will be exhaustively researched and outed. Call it victim shaming or what you like. But if these women are the ones that Watson selects when trolling Instagram, you can expect a lot of them to have profiles that might support (in his mind) what he was targeting. This is a little different than saying that a victim brought this on themselves because of how they dressed. But nonetheless, expect some of the cases to be dropped for "privacy" reasons now that they have to go public. Buzbee says he turned away five potential plaintiffs - perhaps it was because of their social media postings?

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

2-3 massages a week, that’s been his schedule for about 4 years. These allegations have to do with 2020. The landscape of all these things changed for 2020. Middle of March 2020 to now. Sure it’s a lot. — RH

Still 9 cases that need to be approved?

Agreement reached was all the cases we think will go to this particular judge at 11 for all pretrial matters. All discovery & deposition will probably be combined. Right now, only 13 cases spoken for. Mr. Buzbee asked if we agreed to amend the one at 4pm today. We’ve taken that off. We’re at 14. 8 cases left.

What is his take on why this is happening?

He doesn’t have a take. He’s truly dumbfounded. Landscape of these cases changed when 3rd lawsuit was filed. Think about this, the number of courts, lawsuits, it’s like watching sausage making to another level. It’s insane. When I told him of allegations in 3rd lawsuit, he was in disbelief. I forced her? He started crying.

Mr. Watson was nude and that wasn’t something they’d agreed upon or comfortable with. Any response?

Be surprised if masseuses were surprised if men were nude. It’s not unusual. ... Don’t understand that allegation.

Fight all 22 cases in trial?

Absolutely.

I wanted to challenge you guys, some good guys are capable of terrible things. Response?

That’s absolutely right. I deeply believe it’s an issue and hugely, high percentage of accusations may be true but we shouldn’t be making that on one sides accusation. I hope we never reach a stage because a crime has such horrible consequences for the women that we automatically believe the allegations. All I’m asking is we give the man the same benefit the woman gets. Are there men that do horrible things? Absolutely. Some women do too.

OK if women identities aren’t made public (but just between two parties)?

No. Important in open courts...we are entitled to know the accusers, as is the public. Only way they can be looked at is to know who the accuser is. When someone makes this accusation, only appropriate to look into the accuser as the accused.

6. Nook

Nook Member

We don't have all the evidence at this point obviously but this is looking more and more like Watson is guilty of at least some of the allegations against him.

The claim from Hardin that COVID is why he booked so many massages with so many different women off Instagram makes zero sense. If he was so worried he would have used a few massage therapists over and over again. There is no explanation as to why he was picking women that were not even massage therapists, women that told him that. He clearly wasn't concerned about the quality of the massage either.

Now we learn that he has had sex with some of the accusers? That doesn't look good for Watson either and the claim that he was just a pro athlete that required massages. It is just coincidence that he picked a format to procure these women that contain pictures of them.

We have at least one text message where a woman told him he crossed the line, and yet he continued doing the same thing.

Now having other women, some admitting that they barely know Watson, are trotted out by Hardin claiming that Watson "wouldn't do that" and he is a "God loving man"..... and that he "deeply cares about the city."

It is ridiculous..... Watson has done everything possible to get out of Houston and the "God loving man" line doesn't mean a damn thing.

I will be curious to see how this plays out, but this isn't looking good for Watson at this point.

Bobbythegreat and ElPigto like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We have disagreed about Buzzbee from the beginning and I can understand he has won some big cases but IMO his instincts are all wrong here and he can do more with less.

I am not the only person saying this other attorneys have said the same, Allred who does this stuff for a living does not cater to the media this much, she usually has 1 PC and that's it, she also would be pushing harder for a criminal case.

Yes time will tell but my instincts tell me he is scrambling.

Nook likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#2089 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I am not some big fan of Buzbee, I am only giving the reasons he is doing what he is doing.... so far both sides have really pandered to the media, and that is to control the narrative.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's definitely very interesting some of the additional information that we've learned. I guess the worst part for Watson is that there was consensual sex involved, so it's very likely he had intention when reaching out to all these women.

The whole COVID thing throws me off, but maybe what Rusty was intending to say is that Massage Envy/Massage Heights/Others were all closed and Watson couldn't go get a massage there?!?! Lol. Pretty funny that Watson would be walking into random massage service places because he didn't have access to the Texans' trainers for whatever reason (I doubt that as well). I highly doubt that Watson was actually concerned with COVID, so that's why I'm thinking Rusty messed up that part of the speech. It wouldn't make sense for Watson to be concerned, yet come in contact with all these women, unless of course, Rusty proves that Watson went into the black market to get COVID testing kits and was testing all these women prior to actual contact.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

After signing a $156 million contract and cashing the huge signing bonus, within weeks Watson demanded a trade, ran a public relations campaign on the internet to smear the Texans' front office and ownership, and tried his best to humiliate the team and diminish his trade value by naming teams that are desirable for him to be traded to.

I don't equate that to "caring deeply about the city" or to being "humble" or "respectful".

But hey, maybe I'm old fashioned. I don't enjoy getting my Rumpelstiltskin lubed up and having my oil checked either.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I only see one side that is pandering, but ok.

Does not really change how I think Buzzbee is not doing a good job of that pandering.

Nook likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I agree the Covid thing fell flat and I think that getting it out as soon as possible that these could have been sexual arrangements is needed, that will stop deflection from if sexual assault actually occurred.

Him having sex has been broached by the defense before so it's not really a bombshell.

The sooner that they can stop trying to protect his rep the better the god fearing stuff has passed.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

oh yeah the old attempt to normalize hoeing defense

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hardin needs to get hair plugs like lebron and elon

17. Nook

Nook Member

You don't see Hardin pandering?

He just paraded a group of women that admit that they barely know Watson, but that he loves he city of Houston, is a God fearing man and would never doing anything like he is accused of.....

He also went off about how Watson schedules his own appointments, doesn't have a posse and how Watson's reputation has been ruined and about how great a kid Watson is.... he then says that the woman that gave a press conference was willing to settle for 100K.

Hardin and Buzbee have both been pandering since day one... because that is what they do, they are civil trial attorney's, they are pigs digging through the slop pile... I would know, I have been one before.

The level of bullshit coming out of both sides attorney's is off the charts.

bumbum09 and ElPigto like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not really I think he is responding in kind and to tell the truth it's typical in a case like this it's providing character witnesses.

he is not going to social media to post stuff, buzzbee using social media to announce the civil cases was especially bush league IMO.

I am not saying some media manipulation is not warranted I think Buzzbee has went above and beyond, especially with posting some of this stuff like the text messages in social media.

Maybe that's just what happens these days but it seems like an old guy getting bad advice and thinking this is ok.

I expect bullshit from both sides but when the HPD is refuting what you are saying that's next level.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

They are both pandering

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok still does not refute my point.

I guess whataboutism is an argument for everything.