1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Nope. It is convenient for the Judge to use that excuse, but their identity in a civil case was going to come out and both Hardin and Buzbee knew it. This was all about stalling so that Buzbee could control the messaging.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Once the allegation is there, you can’t take it away. Deshaun is not arguing about what this cost money wise or endorsements. We’re not even addressing that. People can make money back. What they can’t get back is their reputation. We can’t responsibly respond yet we’ve been hammered time after time.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

There is no way in hell this stop getting media coverage. Him settling would just start another round of media coverage.

The Astros "cheating" scandal went on for over a year.

Nook likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Nice try Rusty.... but if Watson was so concerned about COVID and the changes, he could have had the same 2-3 people give him massages, and that isn't what he did. He had numerous different females from across the country give him massages after finding their pictures on Instagram. With so many different women giving him massages, he clearly wasn't worried about the quality of massage..... some of them were not even licensed massage therapists.

5. Nook

Nook Member

This.

This isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

This is the type of story that the media and people love.

There are also nearly two dozen women claiming sexual misconduct.... and they are not all going to suddenly stop talking about it.......

That doesn't even get into how sketchy it is that guy is constantly getting massages from different women and some of them are not qualified.

At best people are going to think that Watson was trolling for women to give him a happy ending and that will be a story........ at worst, this young, attractive golden boy QB is a terrible sexual deviant that committed illegal sex acts.

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Settling would solve a lot. It would end this without a conviction or an admission of guilt. It would allow Watson to proceed with his professional career, which will be on hold until this is resolved. And settlements usually contain language that the plaintiff will not pursue any further cases against the defendant, which means they would not cooperate with police in any criminal cases, essentially ending that possibility.

And since both sides agreed to have all 22 cases consolidated, I think it’s going to make a settlement more likely.

The Real Shady likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Inside the constitution are safe guards. Safe guards to protect those accused and those who have been treated badly. I hope Deshaun Watson’s case is not the case where due process goes to die. I am a mother of two daughters — 26 and 18 — I am a women of 49 years of age. I am a minority, not just because my skin but my gender. I too am a survivor. I put that out there to let you know I have authority to speak on the topic I’m speaking of. Deshaun Watson is young enough to be my son. I’m anything but weak. I’m anything but someone who will follow for publicity or money. From the moment I spent time with this young man, the things he’s been accused of, persecuted for in the public, he simply has not done. If you purchase a vehicle, they’re gonna look at your credit history. You look at Deshaun’s life, he’s always been a football star. Do you think he wasn’t getting attention from young women then? Every person we’ve spoken to, none of them believe he’s guilty of these charges, that he has the character to commit these acts charged of. In the media, who has done everything right, not a spec on his record, it disheartens me some of you will just jump on the bandwagon. I don’t discount anything a woman says happen to her.

Think about the first lawsuit spells out everything. In that lawsuit, it states when she became uncomfortable and voiced that to Deshaun, the massage was stopped, paid her what he owed her, left the room without incident.

That young man, based on his career, all the obstacles in his life, no father, raised by single mother and depth of neighborhood where he had every chance to fail but didn’t, deserves the right for this case to play out where it should, in the court room.

If you’re going to advertise on instagram, why is it a problem when a customer comes to you? This kid is 25. He was thrown in the depths of something he was accustomed to — money, fame and stardom. They have to figure out they’re not normal anymore. First time we’ve met, I said ‘Son, do you realize who you are? You can’t be that same kid you were in Gainesville.” He sat there perplexed and said ‘You’re right. I just want to be normal.’ I said ‘You can’t be normal anymore. You have target on your back. You’re a superstar. You have a $156M contract. ... I simply ask you, let due process take its course.”

— Letitia Quinones

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Met Deshaun 2-3 weeks ago. Not from here and don’t watch football. All I knew was what I read in the allegations. We believe in him. I’ve spent hours with him. This man is not capable of the things in the allegations. He’s not a sexual predator. He has not threatened any women to do anything to him. He has trouble sleeping and eating. He has worked so hard for his name. He cares deeply about this city. He takes every opportunity to give back. He’s humble. He’s respectful. He’s quiet and mild mannered. The way they’ve tried to tear him down is upsetting. He’s spent his entire life trying to do the right thing. His work ethic. His love of God. Don’t rush to judgement. We’re gonna fight everyday. His name is something he has worked hard for. No one has questioned his character until this point. He’s a good man. He doesn’t deserve this. If you let the legal process play out, you’ll see the man we know. — [another woman at press conference]

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Along with these woman, worked on this case from the beginning. Spent time with Watson. Spent time with woman who worked with him. One fact I found interesting is he doesn’t have an entourage. He schedules his own dentist appointments. Surprise you he would schedule his own therapy appointments? Surprise he would do it on the same platform these women advertise themselves? End of the day, we will prove he is not guilty of the allegations. — [another woman at press conference]

Everything these woman have said, I support 100%. Spending time with Mr. Watson and understand who he is, I deal with rules. I have the utmost faith in the process. — [another woman at press conference]

These are civil cases but conducted like a criminal case in the media. ... Problem with the firestorm is it’s too late to change people’s minds. ... Can’t we just put that needle back in the middle? ... Please don’t denigrate the woman for coming forward. There’s no room for attacking these woman. We may disagree about facts but a woman should not be attacked for making an allegation. There is no place for doing that. Leave these women alone. We don’t believe the allegations but we will not encourage people to attack these women. — Hardin

Engaged in consensual sex acts?

Some of these massages, some sexual activity would have taken place. You can rightfully assume that.’

Heard from HPD or NFL?

Nothing from HPD. Haven’t heard from NFL.

#2069 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think it's overkill and I don't agree that most people have not already made up their mind about this stuff and some point people will tune you out.

He can do all of this in court when it will have the most impact why is he doing it now?

I don't see how he do more damage to Watson unless he has a audio or video and once again if he has that he should use it in court.

I know some think I say this because I am on team Watson but even if this is the right tact the actual words don't seem very professional it reads like a layman IMO.

I don't think its ever a good idea to be thought of as whining.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, the team doesn't have licensed/professional therapists?

Also, wouldn't you want to limit random contacts during a pandemic... not increase them?

At some point they're going to have to basically admit what he did. Sure, its highly unlikely he intentionally assaulted anybody... but he wasn't just looking to have his muscles worked on either.

Buck Turgidson, RockFanFirst and Nook like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But.... "COVID!"

If he's more honest about this, the sooner its likely to go away or result in settlements. Yes, he will always be labeled as a pervert/sex addict that still needs professional help in this area.... but he'll still get to play football.

I really want somebody to ask Hardin if Watson is still planning on sitting out the season?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

He’s in 22 lawsuits. Lost millions in sponsors. What does he want people to know?

Any vehicle he can to restore his reputation. he’s not talking to y’all because of me. He was available, he was in my office. I decided since I wouldn’t allow him to answer questions, what the hell was he sitting up here? He wants back his reputation.

He wants you to know his mother raised a respectable young man. He wants you to know he’s man of character. He would not throw it away by disrespecting young women.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

One woman who testified at the press conference, she said it’s not about money. If they had been willing to pay $100K, she would have never said a word. - RH

16. Nook

Nook Member

It is all to establish a narrative that people will believe. It can be highly effective.

The whole point is to get some people on the jury to already have made up their mind..... if that can happen, it is extremely valuable.

No one knows what he does or does not have, and that is kind of the point. He has been slowly leaking stuff to keep the issue in the public eye and it has so far been effective.

Time will tell.

Both sides have done nothing but whine, that is what effective trial lawyers often times do. Hardin and Buzbee have been non stop whining.... and there is a reason that they both are doing it, at the end of the day it is effective.

17. Fantasma Negro

"Massage my ******* woman I gotta be an escape artist on Sunday" -Deshaun Watson

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Really Rusty? That is what a civil case is for...... financial compensation for being wronged....

19. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Well.... there must be some evidence of sex because now it is being fronted.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

"He cares deeply for this city."

He has spent the last 6 months doing everything possible to get out of the city...