1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

I agree it’s sad, I’m just surprised he didn’t use that tactic sooner, the 22 number may have been a lot lower...who knows

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. dookiester

dookiester Member

Sounds like Buzzbee failed to advise his clients that he wasn't legally able to keep their identities anonymous in a civil matter. Unfortunate if that would have changed their willingness to come forward but now they have no choice - not because they should be afraid, but because it should be their choice to make once fully informed, and Buzzbee appears to have failed them in that regard.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't see anything that suggests these women didn't know they may have to give up their names....he tried to protect their identity, and he lost that fight. They can dismiss their cases now if they don't want to be named publicly.

Nook, ElPigto and BigM like this.
  4. a time to chill

Don't blame the judge. The way Buzbee handled the case publicly is the reason why she decided to make the accusers reveal their name. If Buzbee handled the case more privately, the judge may have ruled to keep the identities of the accusers private.

Bearded13 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I’m surprised by that too. Seems a little late, unless he was waiting for more to come out so there’s more options to find dirt on.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he knew exactly who they were.... they were his victims after all, and Watson's victims knew they wouldn't be anonymous forever, they just wanted to delay the harassment by the fans and further attacks by Watson and his counsel.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. a time to chill

Either Deshaun is innocent or he's really stupid for pushing for the identities of his accusers to be revealed publicly. I hope Deshaun's not that stupid.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is he stupid for pushing for something that was his legal right?

Are you saying that because of Buzzbees statement?

10. a time to chill

If the allegations are true, it's not a good idea to push for the identities to be made public.

It'd be better to settle privately to avoid more Ashley Solis type press conferences.

Pushing for them to be made public helps his case if he's innocent, but will backfire big time if they are true.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know I am no expert but Buzzbee is increasingly sounding very desperate.

His now using what people are saying on social media as a reason to bolster his case looks pathetic and then claiming somehow what Hardin did proves his case sounds very amateurish.

None of this seems like a attorney who is on top of his game but I could be wrong.

If his goal was to smear Watson well done but I can't see how any of this helps the civil or criminal case.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The issue wasn't and isn't knowing the names.

Buzbee already said he would give Hardin the names as long as they were kept confidential.

Hardin was ALWAYS going to get the names of the women, usually through a court ordered discovery schedule.

Hardin made a big deal in public to get sympathy, it was deceptive.

It sounds like the Judge ruled that the names can be made public.

ROCKSS, ElPigto and MadMax like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If the allegations are true it does make any difference and it also gives him time to dig into the backgrounds even if the allegations are true.

Here we are again acting like settling solves anything.:rolleyes:

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rusty Hardin:

-Incredible ordeal for Deshaun

-Toyed with idea of having him here today; made decision it wouldn’t add anything; I wouldn’t allow him to answer any questions

-We’ve not been comfortable talking to y’all. Everyone in media I’m aware of sought to get our side and we refused. We don’t know what happened for sure. How are we supposed to respond when we don’t know the names? “Just go look and match up dates!” We’re not supposed to guess. ...

#2055 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  16. a time to chill

Settling makes the accusations stop getting media coverage. And most people would forget about this in a year or so. Continuing to fight it publicly when you know you're guilty is just stupid since this thing gets dragged out.

This is why I think Deshaun could be innocent. If he's guilty he'd be trying to settle now, not continuing to fight this in court.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I don't get that at all. That may well be the case later, but not at this point. Buzbee knew he was going to be forced to turnover the names of the plaintiff's by the Judge. He managed to keep their names out of the public eye as long as possible.

What Buzbee did (or is doing) is pointing out that the women that went public were harassed and threatened. It returns sympathy back to the accusers and also gives people an avenue to blame Hardin if they are so inclined.

This is going through the motions by both attorneys. They both are basically sparing and both have played their cards in a fairly obvious manner.

It helps a few ways. First, jurors are going to come from the community and the reality is that they will be impacted and prejudiced based on what they hear in the media. So it is important to both sides to try and get their message out. Also, the Judges are also going to be possibly influenced by media coverage as well. Last, the more damage done to Watson in the public eye, the more pressure to settle.

ElPigto, cmoak1982 and MadMax like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

"Toyed with the idea of having DeShaun here today, but he is triple booked with massage appoints all afternoon. He has a fine little Blasian honey coming in from Cali at noon. Then at two he has a dark haired Assyrian with a big butt giving him a rub down and last at four he has a Puerto Rican with massive assets."

ROCKSS and ElPigto like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun got 2-3 massages a week, 140-150 a year.
    Millennials live on instagram. They do business on it. Deshaun lives on Instagram. He does business on Instagram. I’m not on Instagram, Twitter. I’m an idiot about modern communications.

20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Its all BS. I knew the moment Buzzbee posted that stupid social media post announcing the lawsuit.

The fact that he's besties with Rick Perry makes him reach a whole new level of douche.