1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I ain't no economics expert or nuthin', but the world stabilized after (presumably) half the US pop got blipped out. Now, suddenly, half the US pop is back - giving loans to pre-Blips even though they already had them or whatever, would probably throw the economy into chaos again.

Not saying loans shouldn't be given out...just, it's probably not that black and white.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That episode had the most violent scenes I've seen in the MCU, even pre-Disney (Iron Man, Hulk and not including Netflix Marvel).

DreamShook likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Really enjoyed the 3rd episode, I am a fan of Daniel Brühl so he was a welcome addition.....

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek falcon ded

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Episode 4

Wow. That last shot.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, this show is great.

No idea how it's gonna end, but so far it is extremely well done.

Rocket River and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

For me, it's been extremely boring.

4 episodes in, and the only time I've been 'excited' was the last part of this episode. CA about to get cancel culture'd lol.

But...idk. It's cool that they're integrating the Dora Milaje and Sharon Carter and Zemo which ties up some loose ends / gives more exposition to the world explored by the MCU, but I'm not invested in the new Cap, even with the stuff that just happened in the latest episode.

Like, I'd rather see more of the DM/Sharon/Zemo than explore the motivations of the new primary antagonist. But again, that's just me.

As far as the episode goes: It's really weird that, of all the people in the world to call, Karli decides to try and get Sam on her side. Not Lemar. Not Bucky. Out of the 3, Sam is the least equipped to deal with the new Cap. Bucky has his arm and the physicality to fight Cap. Lemar, under the influence of Karli, can emotionally influence Cap. But Sam? He's got a wingsuit...and that's about it.

Hell, try to find Zemo's digits and ring him up. Seems like anyone would be better suited than Sam.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can't believe Disney would okay a picture of Cap (even the fake one) with the shield, the symbol of all that is good in Marvel, with blood and guts on it. WOW! very bold. I imagine this show has people already tuned out. I bet people are struggling with the nuance and calling it "woke".. oh boy.

The fact that people can understand or identify with a side makes this show pretty good IMO. there is no big bad. What a mess, lol.

9. GRENDEL

Enjoyed the last episode, just wish some ahole hadn't spoiled the ending on twitter.....

Rocket River likes this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was pretty glad to see they were ok with the darker turn. It opens up more avenues if they don't keep the MCU 100% Disney-style. They don't need to go DC dark, but I thought this was well done.

11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dont understand the "boring" reviews

Not bad so far. Will make an official judgment after the finale.

New Cap is easily one of the most hated characters in the MCU.

12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

New Blade will definitely need some of that darker style. I would be extremely disappointed otherwise.

Jontro and robbie380 like this.
  13. GRENDEL

I think it's a smart story thread to pull on, very curious to see how the fall out is the new CA after he goes viral....

robbie380 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can we talk about how US Patriot thought he could take the Dora in a fight? He lost to some VERY EXPEREINCED women and that is what drove him to take the serum, lmao. Sam and Bucky knew what the deal was already, lol.

this dude is a jerk.

Rocket River and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s a story line in the comics where Steve Rogers is not cap

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I’ve never seen the captain America movies, but I am enjoying the show a lot more than WandaVision. I don’t understand the Easter eggs but it’s entertaining. Dialogue is bad like anything Marvel but the Acting covers a lot of it

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you like this you will love Captain America: The Winter Solider.

#137 DreamShook, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Xerobull and rhino17 like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Episode 4 says hold my beer.

I really like their approach to John Walker. He's a war hero that does have reasons to do what he does. He is actually patriotic and wants to do the right thing. It's just that he goes too far and is willing to do whatever to accomplish the mission.

Instead of one big bad they have 3 pseudo bad guys in Walker/Flag smashers/Zemo. I guess eventually the power broker will be revealed as the big bad but I have my guesses on who that is.

It's also interesting how the weakest character (Sam) is the most true, the most good. I wish he just got the serum at some point if he's really going to be a main character going forward.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

John Walker is easy to hate, but they took time to flesh him out, which tells me he's going to have legs in the MCU. Not as much with the generic Flag Smashers, they probably don't have long (maybe Karli lives as a revenge target for Walker). I wasn't surprised at all by the death in this episode.

They also made Zemo pretty likable which makes me believe he's going to be around for a while. He founds the Thunderbolts in the comics.

+1000, @rhino17 Cap 2: Winter Soldier is sublime. My favorite standalone Marvel movie (not a big cast of heroes). Action and story are extremely tight. Fight scenes are awesome. See it today.

----

Anyway, I have a pet theory that:

Sharon will either be revealed as the Power Broker or working for him.

rhino17 likes this.