1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD vs Rapaport

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Reeko, Mar 30, 2021.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I listened to him on a Bill Simmons podcast years ago, and he was hilarious.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

That’s a small dose ;)

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rappaport is grade F actor. KD sucks but he was right in everything he said about him.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Sounds like a couple of children

KD is the most insecure athlete I've ever seen. Most people don't even know who Rappaport is, acting this sad only affects KD.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rapaport is a Dildo! He's annoying. Anything he says is annoying. This is the only way his name gets brought up. Guy needs fizzle out already.
    Durant, needs therapy. I think kyrie is starting to rub off on him. That or he just needs to come out of the closet himself.

AroundTheWorld and vlaurelio like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

The next generation will be on mic 24-7, but fully aware they are on. Many of us are stuck in this transitional mud of posting a lot of shiot in our past not expecting there to be long term consequences down the road. So that's the danger Mark Cuban refers too. I assure you we almost all have posted something that could and would burn us. The more interesting question is A) will the next generation be more aware and careful, or B) Will they just not care on mass. And I think it will be the latter. They will post shiot and nobody will hold them accountable. There's gotta be a point at which people just let it go as unimportant. That is so not the trend. But think we gotta cross that threshold.

#46 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I guess you never seen a personal morals clause or bringing negative attention to your job clause.

Even myself as a teacher in texas can be fired for something I posted on the internet.

Leonard is a scrub and was not playing before he said what he said and he got all of his money so he has no ground to sue.

Why don't you educate yourself before coming in here spouting that foolishness.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Uhhh, not really.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Holy **** is that real or is this all a joke that he's doing?

Jayzers_100 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He later said he was kidding about all of that coffee shop and dog park stuff. He was just acting, badly. He said he and Durant were playing some insult game and it got too serious for him. I have seen his type in my middle school classrooms for years. They love to dish it, but can't take it.

He also said the character he plays for the public's entertainment got the best of him. That last part is a key for so many people, famous or not. He lost himself in that clownish character.

Nook likes this.
  12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Way to post nothing. Like this post.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

So why wasn't Durant given the same treatment? He clearly brought negative attention to his job. Did he get Suspended. Did anyone cut ties with him?? No.

Why don't you shut up and get off your high horse. You sound like an a-hole!!

14. Buck Turgidson

He was great in True Romance

Jontro likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

Did I miss something did Durant call somebody a Kike?

16. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I'm with KD on this one.

If you have a beef with someone and it is in private, then keep it private.

Also, how anyone can really be scared of Kevin Durant is beyond me.... KD in the past has even admitted that he just jaws with people and expects people to do the same with him.

FrontRunner, Pringles and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

Rapaport was already in the news that day for losing his defamation lawsuit against Barstool Sports. It's pretty ironic as Rapaport makes his living by talking trash and defaming people. Best way for him to cover that story up was to create an even bigger storyline by immediately posting his personal messages with Durant. By leaking said messages this could potentially cost KD tens of millions of dollars in endorsements. That's money that could've gone to charities KD donates to so Rapaport doesn't actually care about the kids in Brownsville or anywhere else for that matter. He just likes using that as a shield so he can continue to talk his nonsense in an attempt to stay relevant.

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

yep, low move to post their private DM's for the world to see

Nook likes this.
  20. Pringles

Pringles Member

I'm with KD on this as well, but I hope KD is getting therapy. He says he doesn't care about what others think of him, but it seems like it does. I wish him nothing but the best.