1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Wall want to play with injury?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by b2bizchina, Apr 8, 2021.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Wall has still huge salary contract, He must to know the most important thing is health for him and the team. It's too selfish to play with injury

saleem and chadyang like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Does he have an injury?

Or an "injury"? ;)

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you think about it Getting a top 2 pick doesn't help Wall at all because Suggs or Cade, either one will be his replacement and I'm sure he won't like that. Wall would be ecstatic if we gave our pick to OKC I think for natural selfish reasons. The moment we draft Cade or Suggs they become the 'franchise' player and Wall becomes an expendable.

Not that he isn't now just saying he has more reasons to play than to sit out.

1. Isn't interested in having his replacement drafted.
    2. Wants to prove he's still all-star caliber
    3. He's been out for a long time and the guy just wants to hoop.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

number 2

he has to play well to prove his worth regardless if he's on the rockets

fattz, Shark44 and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think its 2 & 3. When you've been out as long as he has, getting an opportunity to strut your stuff and play the game you love is a powerful motivator.

Emtenndo, DJ, txtodd and 2 others like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe because his contract is guaranteed there is no reason to be conservative with his health and this maybe as good as it ever gets so he is playing through. He can obviously play so he is.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mental psyche stuff. He needs to prove to self he can draw the gravity of the defense again like when he was healthy in Washington.
    Then next season hopefully have shooters that can convert around him.

But yes, he needs to shut it down and get his knee scoped. Be better next season......pass more.

glynch likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Wouldn’t expect anything less from our franchise star........

9. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

When wizards took him while Arenas was still their franchise pg.

History would repeat itself. Hopefully for Cade. :D:D

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. txtodd

txtodd Member

He gets paid like half a million dollars a game to play basketball. I'd like to think that's at least some part of it. If he can play, he wants to play. Sure he's a chucker, but he seems like a chucker who cares.

clos4life and Emtenndo like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He told us why. He missed two years, loves basketball, and loves H-Town!

Never label or call anyone a name like selfish or whatever until you've tried to put yourself in their shoes. Even after that, still don't judge people like that. Better to listen try and understand them, then move on.

#11 ipaman, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not want to jinx him.

He is at an advanced age, injuries might pop up regularly.

He just has to play to stay attractive to the market.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Give me a break. Would love to unload Wall because of his contract, but if he starts consistently playing and passing as well as he did last game, he will not deserve the constant ragging he gets here. If we draft Cade, he may well be our small forward. KPJ should be our point guard if Wall is gone.

Wall
    KPJ
    Cade
    Olynk or other
    Wood

Gordan
    Tate
    Brown
    Rookie
    Rookie
    DJ Wilson
    Augustine

That will compete for playoffs next year. Wall gets hurt, Cade can go to point or SG and Tate or Brown to small forward.

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Not sure if this matters, but if he plays less than 41 games (half the season) due to the same injury, 80% of his contract is paid by an insurance policy. I do not wish any bad health to Wall, but it could be safe to say he will miss half a season due to an injury during the next couple of years. Not throwing shade at Tilman (maybe I am), but this would be great for him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...thanks-john-wall-insurance-policy-report-says

hakeem94 and clos4life like this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

He wanted that gravy for his biscuits

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea i have a feeling Wall will be 6th man of the year next year if we get Cade haha.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right, if he starts consistently playing well...

Not sure why you'd believe he'd start doing that though. Of course if he consistently plays well he'll be worth keeping aruond lol, you can say this same thing for literally ANY player.

Consistency is what makes decent players, great ones. Anyone in the NBA can have nice games every now and then, even dudes that get called up from the gleague can have a few nice games, can you have nice games nearly every night?

He gets ragged here because he consistently doesn't play well...that's why he gets ragged here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They also have 2 1st rd picks and early 2nd, these players could be really value to Houston. Players like Brown, Tate, Wilson could be obsolete depending on who they draft. This is a strong draft keep in mind. Tate on some teams would be a 3rd stringer off the bench.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wall can say all the right things about Houston, but the truth is that he most likely wants to be traded to a win now team this Summer, and knows if he doesn't put up more 30 point, 10 assist games this season, it's likely teams will consider him done.

I'm not saying that I think Wall can be traded because I dont think there is a team willing to trade for John Wall unless the Wizards want to trade for John Wall and a first round pick to unload Westbrook.

But John Wall and his agent probably do think there is a slight chance he can drum up a trade market this Summer if he finishes the year looking strong.

rockbox likes this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We want him to play so we can continue tanking.

juanm34 and DaDakota like this.