1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. mightybosstone

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. In no way did I watch that press conference and think "what a faker and a drama queen!" That felt pretty real to me.

Nook likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

No im talking about watson agent and the laguna beach sports agency whatever they are.

They sound way out of their depth. Watson hired idiots

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When have they said anything?

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Hardin floods the courtroom with provocative photos / code word filled ads coupled with online John reviews of some of these women, doubt gets created. I don't think that anyone posting in this thread is naive enough to think that Watson wasn't searching for those types of ads. With some, Watson may have misjudged the intent (less likely) or the therapist could have baited and switched on him.

At best Watson claims that he was so irresistible that the therapists threw in extras.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The attorney for the female accusers contacted watson representation and then watson genius attorney offered unsolicited that watson could "learn a lesson"

"Scott Gaffield, the general counsel for Watson’s agency Athletes First, in a statement released by the player's attorney, Rusty Hardin. "We believed then — and fully believe now — that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people he does not know.''

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...ed-a-lesson-houston-texans-qbs-lawyer-asserts

The mulagheta guy is fumbling too..these guys are front runner amateurs and chumps..i dont do brain surgery or fly planes but these dudes sound like if you and I were winging it as big fancy sports agents. Fake it till you make it then show to be a fake..

Good one

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hardin released it so why you got beef with them?

Mulugheta was recognized in 2020 by Forbes as the top NFL agent (in terms of negotiated deals and commissions) in the world, holding a rank of eighth across agents of any sport. He is also Forbes' highest ranked black sports agent.

Come again?

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What i said.
    He is a front runner amateur apparently that has no business and out of his depth. Watson hired chumps. That said think watson will be just * fine *and be playing by week 8

Not sure what black has to do with it..fwiw the dumbass lawyer is a white dude that went to yale..its about battle tested and these guys are all shine newbies and no clue.. you don't say your client and "learn lesson" this amateur hour here is painful cmon

8. Fantasma Negro

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you give actual examples of why you think this?

How do you figure he is out of his depth?

Can you provide the link that says he will be playing by week 8?

If Hardin thought it was the right thing to say I am going with him 100 times over what you think and the learned lesson was talking the person who he claimed tried to blackmail him I think you are misconstruing a lot of things.

I have no idea why you picked the black agent part to have an issue with and ignored everything else.

How is he frontrunning?

Sooty likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol you picked the black guy card amigo check yourself.thats as relevant to me as if he likes green beans.
    Lots of questions and you already know the answers to.

I gave an example and a link. I would give more but thats not what you are after. ( and i like you too)

If they werent out of their depth they wouldnt be googling hardin from laguna beach like the front runners they are. What did THEY do?? ( you like to ask lots of questions answer that) for watson?
    When it got hot like the front runners they are they looked at watson said he needed to "learn a lesson" and THEN subcontracted hardin lol.. cmon main!!

Like you and me at laguna beach running a smoke show..bling bling hire out an 80 year old (err....white)guy and front end collect (since thats what this is). Their whole camp is trash go look it up and the others and ask more probing questions..

The week 8 comment is my opinion and in this sea of bbs horseshit i can live with that being wrong ..its my holiday inn express opinion we will see...anyway by week 8 back at it on field ...just remember you heard it here 1st

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not pick the black guy card I did not even see it was in the quote I got from the article.

I have no idea what you are talking about googling laguna beach and you are misinterpreting what they meant by learn a lesson.

I ask a lot of questions because I want to know if I missed some pertinent info, I have no idea why you think its a bad look for them "subcontracting" Hardin that's what agents do hire the best attorney to represent their client.

Do you really think they should be doing this themselves?

I have no issue with you but this just seemed to be out of left field and when i googled them I did not find much to back up what you were saying.

Anyway you have the right to your opinion.

#1991 jiggyfly, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...the black guy card picked me.

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone think the Texans fired the equipment manager Mike Parsons and his staff for loaning massage tables to Watson?

Htown Legend likes this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Interesting question...

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Look for about half of these cases to be nonsuited after the Judges grant the special exceptions and order the Jane Does to replead with their full name. As the motion correctly points out, there is no basis under the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure for a plaintiff to file in the name of "Jane Doe", unless the plaintiff is a minor. Buzbee will state that the nonsuits are the result of certain plaintiffs not wanting to go public, for reasons of privacy and future employment. Some of the others that replead with their full name may get publicly picked apart for prior social media postings or other dirt that Hardin digs up. Although Buzbee might delay this process by filing for writs of mandamus in the Court of Appeals, seeking to set aside the trial courts' rulings.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, good luck with that, Deshaun.

For the purposes of a thread devoted to the Houston Texans, I will be very surprised if he ever takes a snap again as a QB for this team...and I will be equally surprised if they're able to trade him for anything remotely close to what they would have been able to trade him for before all this news broke.

#1996 MadMax, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    ROCKSS, ElPigto and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Do you think this is because Watson hasn’t been very forthcoming that he is putting the legal team in a tough position? It feels a little like they are having to adjust strategy on the fly as new info comes out.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Also, Buzbee isn't trying this case in the courthouse at all so far...no idea if he ever intends to. He made some vague comments right off the bat about the NFL having some issues...and then filed these cases and has used the court of public opinion. If his clients see this as justice, then I guess he's doing his job. They won't win judgments as big as the lost Nike endorsement, so maybe that's what it is about.

Again, either this is the biggest smear job in human history or Deshaun is a sexual predator. Hard to find a middle ground on that.

ElPigto, Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

From someone that knows nothing about law, I think your assessment is very valid, and of course it is coming from someone within the profession.

From my point of view, he's laying down some sort of defense, but it is interesting that he's giving up a little bit of ground on this admission. Also from my point of view, I love the fact that he attacked Buzzbe for basically trial by media, and accused him of using the media to further his profile and try to basically market himself and gain fame. I also like the fact that he pointed out, like a lot of people think, that essentially dragging Watson's reputation through the mud publicly while not disclosing anything of value, and also at the same time saying to wait until we get to the courtroom, is slimy and hypocritical.

Also like the fact that Rusty ended his statement by basically saying we'll see you in the courtroom. He knows that Buzbee wants to get out of this as quickly as possible and not use up resources. It's in the defense's best interest to take it to court and drag it out as long as humanly possible, and tie their entire firm up over essentially is a tough court case.

Nook likes this.
  20. mario_v

mario_v Member

The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. Do I think deshaun raped or forced these women to perform a sexual act? No. Do I think he did something inappropriate? Yeah, maybe.

Do I think these women are trying to take advantage of the situation and sue deshaun for everything he’s got? Yes.

charlieaustin likes this.