1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Looks good but London was racially mixed it was more of class tier system than race tier system at that time.

Slavery was abolished in 1833 in the UK.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bargatze is legit. The "airport" bit from his last special, Tennessee Kid, is kind of short but gets me every time.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Yea he's been putting out consistent stuff. No duds.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just watched the first three episodes of Invincible. That was damn good. I had been watching some of the DC JL Dark, The Killing Joke, Flashpoint, etc. but this was way better.

5. body slam

body slam Member

The Fall Guy has been on the decades channel all weekend and I have no reason to change the channel.

6. Buck Turgidson

I could easily watch a 10 hour block of alternating episodes of Fall Guy and Simon & Simon. In addition to being awesome, that's 2 of the best show intros of all time.

There was talk years ago of making a Fall Guy movie with the Rock.

FrontRunner and body slam like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

All Batghazi talk belongs in the D&D

8. Buck Turgidson

This series is ****ed up. I'm on episode 3.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not a Fall Guy guy but I did love Simon and Simon for some reason.

Rockford files was also my jam.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Started watching the Aretha series it's ok not really saying anything interesting so far except

I did not know she had kids at 15 and her dad taking on the road was the reason.

Some great acting, Courtney B. Vance is killing it as well as Malcolm Barrett.

I can't lie Evo playing Aretha is a bit distracting because she looks nothing like Aretha, she is doing great singing but I can't imagine her as Aretha.

Overall it's entertaining, I recommend, the recording stuff is great.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Rapid fires.

Last Chance U: Basketball (2021 - season 1)
    [​IMG]

Community basketball college in East L.A., where many of the players seek a chance (and scholarship) at Division 1 school. Documentary style; follows the players and coaches for 1 season. The kids are likable and the viewers follow their journey at a 2nd chance. The footage of the practice and their games are good. Head coach yells a lot :D to both an inspirational (and sometimes unintentionally comedic effect).

Grade B+

The Invisible Man (2020)

[​IMG]

One of Universal's classic horror monster-verse; that could have been counted as a soft-reboot after Tom Cruise's Mummy. A suspense horror flick. Well acted, well directed, solid picture.

Grade A

Concrete Cowboy (2020)

[​IMG]

"A teenager discovers the world of urban horseback riding when he moves in with his estranged father in North Philadelphia." Went into this cold, but really enjoyed it. Idris Elba is in it and one of the kids from Stranger Things.

Grade A

I Care a Lot (2020)

[​IMG]

"A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards." She possibly swindled the wrong elderly. The movie wanted the audience to kind of root her like an anti-hero. Her motivation is greed, and in pursuit for wealth, is very unsympathetic and non-redeemable.

Grade D-

NewRoxFan likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Anyone watching Doom Patrol? Very different but very good.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Watched the Putin interviews on Showtime -- in a long form interview his BS is really glaring even with Oliver Stone asking the questions.

It's really interesting though imo.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yep! I have to admit - I REALLY liked Ezekiel the Cockroach. Mr. Nobody not so much. And how about when Flex "flexed" the wrong muscle? That had me LMAO!

15. Buck Turgidson

Oliver Stone interviewing Putin?

That sounds useful. Was Michael Moore unavailable?

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Finished Cobra Kai which was pretty cool. Now watching Once Upon A Time and the Irregulars as well.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Finished the second season of Goliath and struggled to fall asleep afterwards.

I completely get the negative reviews. This was some dark and twisted ****. I imagine the show lost half its audience or more by the conclusion. Definitely not your father's courtroom drama...

Don't get me wrong, though, it was brilliant television. The kind of show you won't soon forget (if ever). But if you're struggling with PTSD, or are looking for a pick-me-up, move on. Trust me.

18. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Starting to get interesting in 3. It’s taking me a while to work through this series....That Watkins guy is just so damn unlikable.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This Aretha series on Nat Geo is pretty good don't usually like docu dramas but I am finding out a lot about Aretha that I did not know.

It's no wonder her family did not sign off on the series.

Aretha became pregnant at 13 when she went on the road with her father CL Franklin.
    CL Franklin impregnated a 14 year old girl.
    Arethas 1st husband was a pimp.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I binged the first season of The Good Place this weekend. I had heard of it and several people had recommended it. Was pretty impressed with the writing and glad to see a network sitcom discuss things like Kantian ethics versus John Stuart Mills Utilitarianism.