1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does he get by settling?

His medicine by the NFL and the Texans would be nullification of his contract and probably nobody will touch him for a few years and he will never recoup that money.

How is that better for him?

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That statement makes no sense, it sounds like its coming from a 2 bit attorney.

Why is he even responding?

It's not old news.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Try sitting out the season now.

TheFreak, cmoak1982 and txtodd like this.
  5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

He likely doesn’t have a choice

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you believe him why?

And talking about it like its fact checked?

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

She/her attorney wanted $100k from Watson before proceeding with all this. There’s generally a few words that applies to someone who does that. Maybe Hardin is lying about that little detail.

Who knows maybe her and Deshaun had some sort of relationship. Whatever happened Deshaun clearly was out of control with all these girls.

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man you need to stop with this ****.

Or at least say you are hearing it from a 3rd party.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

After he comes back from his suspension, and an apology, other teams will be lining up to sign him. This is not some Colin Kaepernick level talent, but an elite QB in his prime. Think of how Luhnow set down with Osuna and the media after the Astros signed him. Most GM's will be going the same route.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope its hard sell when the face of your franchise has allegations like this especially in the me too age , how many rallies and boycotts do you think will be called for?

This is nothing like Kaepernick or Osuna. How the **** is Kaepernick in this discussion?

Osuna was not a guy who was widely known and we see how the press never let go of that bone.

whag00 likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Watson should fire his agents. They should have just told him the pay the women off.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Easy buddy, you sound like an angry individual. Kaepernick is in the discussion because he was a bad QB trying to come back from a bad situation the league didn't want. If he was on Watson's level most teams would have taken him back quickly. Not that hard to understand.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Aka, Rusty Hardin is preparing to drag this case out in court and take up as much of Buzzbee's resources as possible. AKA please settle or we'll continue airing your dirty laundry.

Watson is slime. He's not going to jail, but the slime that is Buzbee has now aired Watson's dirty laundry and ruined his rep. It's terrible he's doing this in the court of public opinion. These girls would be better served by a less dramatic lawyer.

Watson's not going to jail though, unless more evidence surfaces. And unless more evidence comes out, he'll get suspended and nothing more. I'll go as far as to say, if Hardin drags this out, which I think he will, the NFL may not even be able to suspend Watson this season. After all, it's he said she said. It's he against 22, but there's still no evidence other than word of mouth and appointment slips.

It's a weird situation. Buzbee seems a little too eager to share things via media. Makes me think he knows he doesn't have much of an actual case and he's just trying to make money via a publicly ruined reputation.

Not saying that to take away from the women or to defend Watson, but this is a weird one.

#1833 Two Sandwiches, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Theking, BigM, UTSA2step and 2 others like this.
  14. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Kaepernick is going to end up making more money than Watson next year...who’d a thought that

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I am surprised they're not saying anything... or Watson himself hasn't come forward with any sort of response/statement after the initial allegation.

He is actively losing sponsors now. Either they're "above" this because the truth will come out... or their silence is telling in other ways.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you sound like you just want to get off a Kaepernick take that has zero to do with Watson.

How long you been holding on to that.

Nobody cares about the ability of Kaepernick or what he is doing but for some reason you think that has anything to do with this case.

I ask again WTF does he have to do with the case against Watson?

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

For some people, the term "he said, she said" has taken on same meaning as "unprovable". Those people are the same ones, I suspect, that would say if there were no eye witnesses, "it's just hearsay". Because there are many women as eye witnesses, it's "he said, she said" (times 22). I suspect for some of them, if there was DNA, they might say, "it could have been transferred" or "it was consensual so the DNA proves nothing." If there was a video, it could be "videos can be altered".

It all reminds me of the Chapelle Show sketch about R. Kelley. "I'd have to see a video of him singing "Pee On You," two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Neal taking notes, and R. Kelly's grandma to confirm his identity."

Houstunna, BigM and ROCKSS like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Not to be lost in what happened at the press conference yesterday is the fact that an expert on sex trafficking made a statement. Buzbee is getting ahead of the defense of consensual acts. Even if sex acts or touching was consensual, it essentially becomes solicitation of prostitution at that point, which is a crime. The trafficker expert was there to lay the groundwork that to the extent the victims acted consensually, they are still "victims" of sex trafficking, where the blame is typically placed on the male.

Buzbee is an obnoxious, dramatic, attention seeking jerkface, but he's not an idiot. He played that press conference yesterday beautifully. Watson is in serious trouble folks.

JumpMan and Houstunna like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is nothing he can say that would stop any of this, he has already said he was innocent, it would not be productive to have a statement every time Buzzbee says something.

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

People keep saying this or something similar to this but I'm not sure it's going to be that simple for him to just come back and resume his career.

First he is going to miss a season or 2. Then there is no way to measure the mental toll this whole thing is going to take on him and lastly if he does come back how does he handle not being universally loved anymore?

Sure a team may give him a shot with a 1 year contract but I'm not betting that he comes back as an elite level player. And if he is not elite is he worth the PR headache?