1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets hope to trade future draft assets for ‘foundation piece’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 18, 2021.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

From a Lazy, Old, Broken, Rehab Team

To a Younger Team, At Least it is the Right Direction.

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

You came to this conclusion after little over half of season? The rebuilding process literally just started a few months ago

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's either the top overall pick or bust. Cunningham looks like the only sure thing, trade pick 2,3, or 4 if that's what the Rockets get.

banzai and fattz like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Aw gee whiz guys could you help a fella out and point me towards the ‘water is wet’ thread - thanks!

hakeem94 and ico4498 like this.
  5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

chadyang and ico4498 like this.
  6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

confirmed, Jonathan Feigen works for the Rockets.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I hear Ben Simmons may be available.

hakeem94, chadyang and ROXTXIA like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You funny.

That ship has sailed, of course......unless we catch Morey on a bad day (or with a top 4 draft pick).

9. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

We got some brilliant conclusion-jumpers on this board.

It is one thing to think these things, yet another to present them online as fact. I have no respect for it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

We should have given them Dipo for him... that would be about even.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cade Cunningham
    Jalen Suggs
    Evan Mobley
    Jalen Green

I think all 4 can fit on the Rockets.

Cade and Suggs are the most needed because I think a Point Guard is needed to help ease the Ball handling of Kevin Porter Jr. He has too much of a burden of Scoring and Assisting.

Roxfan4lyfe and D-rock like this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

If we can get some special disgruntled star, it might be worth it. In this league, you never know who comes out. But if we're going the indiana pacers ownership route of just being good enough to have a competing entertainment product, cycle mediocrity then that will be worrying. This team already is fun to root for. These guys have the right spirit, but the point of this league is to get the ring. Toronto gave up a lot of loyalty for just one season of Leonard. They paid 50 million for an aging Marc Gasol. The ball bounced the right way, they got the right roll players to go all hands on deck and no one in Toronto regrets the title. Cavs overpaid Thompson, JR, Love and are still paying for it, but they got their Chip and thats what it is about. NBA economics is a bit different from you're typical business margins. The celtics ownership spoke about how their title year was one of their poorest years financially. This is why its a billionaires game let alone inflation of team values and team contracts will lead to more income and more salaries.

So I hope we're not looking for some good enough entertainment all star and rebuild right because we have some great pieces in Tate, Wood(one of the best contracts in the league), Porter Jr, kpj and now 52 percent at a top 4 pick or a massive trade asset depending on how you look at it. With the Sh*t show we've dealt with the last few years, we're not in a bad situation to rebuild really well.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If the Nuggets let Micheal Porter Jr Walk in 2022, id assume rockets will try to sign him to big money. They might even try to trade wall that summer as well to get him, cause hes a expiring contract.

So here hoping the line will be like this if possibly the rockets get Cade. 2022-23 Season might be where the rockets get to the playoffs. I dont think cade next year will make wood and Wall playoff bound, and its going to take Trading wall that summer to get the money to get mpj here, and then you will see a team that was like 10 games under .500 go to about .600 and maybe a 8th seed or 7th seed , with a good young group. Like i said i think if you get Micheal here you going to really do good.

Could be a neat run with that team for 5-6 years. If not Cade then Maybe Suggs or Green. Rockets might not take Mobley now that they have wood, although they probably should and trade wood. But who knows.

#213 Le$$, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Looked, couldn't find it. Maybe the garm?

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think he is exactly the type of harden esque player the rockets need. When I say harden esuqe, I don't mean talent wise, I mean situation wise. Young player who is 3rd best player on a team looking to get paid best player money. The Lakers, heat etc of the world won't be lining up to pay him lots of money so he will have to look at tier II which is what we were when we landed harden. (Yes that was a trade but we had to get him to resig with us )

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You mean Michael Porter Jr. We already have Kevin Porter Jr with us.

Le$$ likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea Michael always say kevin too. I think Michael will be really good next couple years but nuggets probably wont be able to lock him up, because they are paying jokic and Murry. I bet they resign Aaron Gordon and let Porter walk is what i was trying to say. Porter might come off not what they are willing to over pay, but someone will.

saleem likes this.
  18. saleem

It's possible. MPJ isn't going to be happy with Aaron Gordon around for long.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

MPJ, Jokic and Murray have been FIRE since acquiring AG.

The Nuggets have yet to lose a game since AG trade.

MPJ and AG play completely different roles. When you have a point center, it allows entire team to be unpredictable and positionless.

MPJ has also improved defensively since AG acquired but most importantly he is allowed to play like a 6'10 SG.

20. saleem

Good for them. Denver can go over the cap to re-sign their own free agents. The Rockets might have to look for other options.

dmoneybangbang likes this.