1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

If Correa does not resign, then I'd like to see the Astros try to trade for Jose Ramirez from the Indians. He's on a very team friendly deal for the next few years and we can slide him in at 3b and move Bregman over to SS. I would like to also try to resign one of Verlander/Greinke and add a lock down reliever.

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I like that. Maybe Jose Ramirez for Jeremy Pena, Forrest Whitley, Bryan Abreu, and Hunter Brown? Then sign Verlander for something like $16M/1yr plus incentives and Raisel Iglesias for $16M/2yr. They could also resign Maldy for $5m/1yr. Those moves would only add ~35M in payroll so they'd still have ~$20M to play with for extensions or deadline moves. The roster would look like this:

2B Altuve
    LF Brantley
    SS Bregman
    DH Alvarez
    3B Ramirez
    RF Tucker
    1B Gurriel
    CF Leon
    C Castro
    Bench: Maldonado, DIaz, Straw
    Rotation: Valdez, McCullers, Verlander, Odorizzi, Urquidy
    Bullpen: Pruitt, Raley, Taylor, Paredes, Scrubb, Stanek, Javier, Pressly, Iglesias

If Verlander is at least 80% of what he was, and Leon pans out, that roster would be on par with 2017 and 2019.

Astrofan59 and Htown Legend like this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Personally not a huge Jose Ramirez fan BUT I do think by letting Correa go would open the doorways to bring back one of Verlander/Greinke, maybe both.

I'm sure they will round out the team, looks like the Angels are the main competition. We have to keep our foot on the peddle for those guys.