1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

So the cop in charge of protecting congress who shot a person climbing through a broken window trying to reach members of congress in a group that already killed a cop and attacked and injured dozens of others chanting to hang the vice president and execute other members of congress should face serious charges, but the cop who kneeled on a person's neck posing no threat for over 8 minutes should walk free.

That about sum it up?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

there is a reason why right wing conservatism is also labeled as the "reactionary ideology".

3. AkeemTheDreem86

Why do we have the resources to try and lock up thousands of non-violent drug and other offenders, but not every single one of these treasonous worms?

NotInMyHouse and FrontRunner like this.
  4. AkeemTheDreem86

If only there were some way to explain the discrepancy... Perhaps there's some sort of difference between the victims that causes this inconsistent treatment?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bolded is a false claim

Astrodome likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What's the actual story then?

The common story is that they beat the **** out multiple cops, one of whom who went home (or elsewhere) and died from injuries.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The officer that was trapped in the door that the rioters specifically said to stop pushing on so his buddies could pull him out? That LEO. Because that would hardly lead to the conclusion that an unarmed woman crawling through a broken window is an imminent threat of death or GBI to someone.

Here is the video of her being shot. Try to find the person being protected from her.

Also, be aware the shot of officer with the gun and radio in the chamber is not just a different angle of the same incident. You can clearly see that she is jumping into an empty hallway and the officer's entire arms are in the hallway. The chamber is a different room with a blockade that the officer could not be shooting from behind.

#2787 StupidMoniker, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Astrodome likes this.
  8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He was not beat with a fire extinguisher like was first reported. I think his cause of death is still unknown but it was not due to a beating.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I see a potential conflict in this sentence

So the cop wasn't beat... at all? and it's known for sure he died of a completely separate issue?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

From what I have read they suspect a bad reaction from pepper spray or a stroke.

B-Bob and ThatBoyNick like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Okay, so at this point, it's just unknown.

Saying he wasn't killed, could be just as incorrect as saying he was, correct? @Os Trigonum.

What I know for sure is everybody remembers hearing/reading this statement

"At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty," a statement from the U.S. Capitol Police said.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurr...h-of-officer-injured-during-attack-on-capitol

But I'm guessing they've updated this to cause unknown for the moment.

I'm just weary of right-wingers wishfully rewording things like the "Capital walk through"

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So she was part of a hostile mob, that had al ready injured others and had vocalized threat of harm and she refused to follow the orders of officers but proceeded to force entry. I'm sorry she died but it isn't surprising. What is surprising is that more weren't shot.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He died from cuddling i believe is the latest report

15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...a REAL man or REAL American patriot wouldn't have let a little thing like some bear mace sprayed into his face make him sick and cause a stroke either.

...I mean, as long as we're all floating around theories of how this "walk-through" didn't really hurt or kill anybody :rolleyes:...

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? You’re making me regret what I wrote earlier.
    I’ve heard the interview and seen the video of the LEO trapped in the door. He said himself that he was being assaulted and that people trying to break in were hitting him. That there might’ve been some who wer some who might’ve been saying to stop pushing there were many who saying to keep on pushing.
    In that video a member of Congress credits the LeO with saving them. You see in that video people pushing into that door trying to break in and as noted members of a crowd who were already fighting with LEO out on the plaza and had breached Congress. You have to consider where the hallways behind the LEO were leading to.

it’s amazing that you’re arguing to the point of assumption that several videos in the other case don’t tell the whole story and then arguing here that a couple of shots of a video are pointing towards guilt.

#2796 rocketsjudoka, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has been posted before but this what Capitol Hill Officer Chris Hodges said about being trapped in the door:
    “At that point that’s where I was to support the defense,” Hodges recalled while speaking to CNN. “I ended up getting pinned there by the crowd, there was a guy ripping my mask off and he was able to rip away my baton and beat me with it.”

Doesn’t really sound very benign to me.

18. AkeemTheDreem86

Should we suspect that the woman shot by the cop had a bad reaction from a bullet?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Here is the video.

You can see both sides are met in a doorway. The police have formed a shield wall and the crowd is trying to push through. At around 1:17 of the video, you can see an officer is sort of stuck through a doorway. One of the members of the crowd says, "Hey, this guys screaming, let him free let me back, let me back, let me back. The crowd backs away, removing the pressure from the door, and a woman asks if he is okay. This is hardly the behavior of a crowd intent on hurting the officers.
    AOC credited the Capitol police with saving her, and she was in a building that was never entered by the protesters.
    I know that there is no one visible in that hallway to whom the woman who was climbing into the hallway appears to be an imminent threat of death or GBI. The use of deadly force, which shooting someone with a firearm is always considered, requires exactly that. We don't know what the people in that crowd were going to do if they got into the chamber. We know what crowd did that actually got in the chamber. They sat at desks. They stole a podium. They stole a laptop. They took pictures. Some of them climbed on stuff. One guy took a picture with he feet on Pelosi's desk. How comfortable would you be claiming each one of them represented an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury? Near as I can tell the only people injured were the officers physically blocking the people from entering and the people fighting with the officers while trying to enter. Do you believe Ashley Babbitt was trying to murder Mike Pence?
    As I said in the other thread, I was assuming nothing. There is a marked difference between an officer restraining a suspect who dies who also has a lethal level of fentanyl in his system and an officer shooting a woman in the neck who bleeds out on the way to the ambulance. I would also say that the officer in the capitol deserves due process as well. My question is why Chauvin was tried and convicted in the media before his trial started, but the same national media has not even released the identity of the officer who shot Babbitt. Like Floyd, there is no evidence Babbitt committed any crime worse than a misdemeanor at the time. It just seems strange that it was so fully glossed over.

Astrodome likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Babbitt was storming the US Capitol building and a specific doorway where high value targets, US Representives were, amongst a angry mob that already trampled over multiple officers.

Floyd bought something with a fake 20, resisted arrest for a bit and then Chauvin placed his knee on Floyd's neck which is a move meant to create great discomfort to force a Individual to stop resisting and stay still. It's a tactic to create compliance. Chauvin held his knee on Floyd's neck and entire 5 minutes while Floyd was motioneles and didn't show an ounce of resistance which Chauvin's own supervisor said was the wrong thing to do as Floyd wasn't resisting.

It's very obvious that you are a reactionary who's only goal in this subforum is to disagree with liberals and moderates and defend right wing personell and authoritarian cops like Chauvin.

#2800 fchowd0311, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    NotInMyHouse, jiggyfly and No Worries like this.