1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

After watching Suggs man I'll take him over Cade.
    The kid can flat out ball. Not only that he can shoot. I would also be ok with trading christian wood for Mobley. Mobley just has amazing footwork.
    Suggs-pg
    Kpj-sg
    Sterling brown sf
    Mobley pf
    Olynyk-c

2. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I was impressed by Suggs, but for me, it’s the other Jalen that is going to dominate in the NBA. My ratings are likely unpopular:

Green
    Suggs
    Kuminga
    Cunningham
    Mobley

Cade’s overrated as is Mobley. Cade’s lack of athleticism might be a major problem, while Mobley might be really good, but I feel like he is still raw and has some developing to do.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro
    How we getting rid of John wall ?

RasaqBoi and Corrosion like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Really none of them are thiccccc.

Sure but I don't think that's what makes or breaks the ability to play the 3 spot for him , shooting enhances it so they cant back off of him like they do Westbrook and a few others .... it boils down to being able to get to down hill as the ball handler like Lebron , KD or Giannis attacking the rim .... if not then you have to play him as a 4 / 5 which I think limits his impact because the offense isn't going thru him , just to him.

raining threes likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like that Jalen Suggs hit the big shot of course, but him marking Juzang shows he’s okay being his team’s best defender.

saleem likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Tilman's mafia connections gonna make him disappear like Jimmy Hoffa .....

topfive and raining threes like this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Can we use the stretch provision?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe that can happen only with Wall's consent.

raining threes likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would. The way he runs the offense I think makes everyone else better. Plus his offensive repertoire as far as ways to score pretty damn good.

My only thing with green is his ability to make others better. If I'm taking a player top 3 I need a guy who makes others better either with their playmaking or by covering deficiencies defensively. Not saying green can't do that but I just haven't seen it as strongly as I have in the other 3.

And I really like green. I just think the other 3 guys have higher cornerstone potential.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I dont think Mobley is the same type of athlete as those guys. Doesn't seem as bendy/flexible.

don grahamleone, Corrosion and saleem like this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

Wasn’t that impressed with Jalen when KPJ played him - felt like KP stole the show. He’s athletic as hell though def will find a niche in NBA.

I don’t see Jason kidd in Suggs, but dude is definitely leader and floor general.

It’s still Cade or Mobley for me

xtruroyaltyx and raining threes like this.
  12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I haven’t seen any of Green at all, but throwing in Mobley- who I really liked- I’ve seen all these guys and it’s hard to imagine any of them not actually being good NBA players. Doesn’t seem likely to miss with a top 5 pick in this draft.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The league is dominated by guards and wing players with high usage rates. It was just an idea ..... not many PF / C's are controlling the game these days , even AD doesn't move the needle without someone to set the table.

Other than Jokic ..... what big does the offense flow thru .

If you can't play Mobley as a high usage wing , I think it limits his potential impact. Big men just don't impact the game the way they once did.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We need to sweet talk him then. It would be nice.

saleem likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

not sure what people are getting so hyped for about mobley for. is it cuz "he tall"?

arabrocket likes this.
  16. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Depending on team direction and whether we can move Wall, if we stay at 2 I’d be happy with Suggs or Cade if he fell to 2.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His skill level for his size is tantalizing. He leads college basketball in plus/minus. He blocks everything without fouling, often looking like gawdamn Bill Russell out there. He has outstanding intelligence and court vision. Etc.

Wulaw Horn and CXbby like this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Stop it we’re not moving Wall!!!! He’s stuck with us. You h e to take on another supermax or give up a lot of asset to get rid of wall. Will y’all stop with that and accept we’re stuck with him at least until his final year

there’s a better chance of wall turning down his player option thanks trading him

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm in agreement with Jalen Green.

I go with __ as my top order for Rockets needs/fit

1a) Cade Cunningham
    1b) Jalen Green
    2) Kuminga (being completely underrated by many)

Much of what is being said of Mobley I was saying about Christian Wood coming out of college, except the ball handling skills. I could
    name 25 centers/power forwards that will dominate Mobley's defense in the
    first 2 to 3 seasons. I have C Wood right now for that same role as many project for Mobley.
    Wood is closer to achieving success now than Mobley 3 years from now. Quick rebuild then becomes
    a 4 to 5 year project. Like when Capela entered the league.....but Capela was stronger than Mobley
    at the time both enter the NBA.

Suggs another 6'4" point guard. Rockets could go Wall/Porter (Wall is not going anywhere until trade deadline, maybe) with Suggs off the bench.
    Trade Augustin if need be. Package many of our future first's to move Wall in a desperation move.

I remember when everyone was gaga for Shabazz Nappier after the tournament, including LeBron James saying he wanted Nappier
    as a teammate. Then people found out his defense sucked because of weakness and he found it harder to get off his shot.

#699 ApacheWarrior, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    RocketsTerps likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mobley's iq on both offense and defense are light years ahead of Wood, and I really like Wood and think he is a legit positive contributor.

Suggs put up better numbers as a freshman than Napier as a senior and is a defensive player of the year candidate, his defense is one of his biggest strengths so not sure what this is about.