1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Green can gain muscle and some weight. Suggs is strong and steady, but Green has greater upside.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kuminga is number 4 on my list.

D-rock likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. ball king23

ball king23 Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not only are you a liar but you either have listening or reading diasability, likely both.

Stone was referencing THIS season, not "years and years like Minny and sac".

You infer your own meaning to his phrase "wholesale tank strategy" without adding the context of his words prior to him using that phrase.

At no point did he even mention MIN or SAC.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...t-think-rockets-need-wholesale-tank-strategy/

Stone even goes on to indicate that Rockets do not even need a top 4 pick.

LOL at someone like you calling others dumb.

HP3 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or package player/picks to move up and take whoever slides.

topfive likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless something drastic happens, Cade is still consensus 1st overall pick in this draft.

For good reason.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's my real hope. In a draft this deep, I'd rather give up our two worst FRPs this year, plus someone like House, to move into the top 10. And that's even if we already have a top-4 pick.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wow, comprehension disability indeed, if you can't understand that he meant the next few years, and even Tilman has corroborated this by saying only be bad for a year or two (meaning he acknowledges we are tanking this year just not far in the future), then you are indeed dumber than a box of d-rocks!

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Holy crap you think he meant "THIS season" when he said he wants to be competitive? We are 13-34.... Please don't project your own stupidity on to others.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

He was talking about future picks, particularly the nets picks as trade assets, you took that as he doesn't want a top 4 pick THIS year. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

"We obviously want to add to them, but we don't think we need to do a wholesale tank strategy."

Add to them, how? You realize the trade deadline has passed right? He is talking in the future tense, about how he wants to rebuild the team in the future. This season is lost, OBVIOUSLY, to anyone with half a brain.

You are so desperate to paint Stone as some idiot that you want us to believe he thinks we are competitive this year, again, stop projecting your own delusions, they are not reality.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. juanming

juanming Member

I'll be the first to say it ,I think Mobley after watching Highlights today I think Mobley will be better than wood in a couple years

I'd much rather role with Mobley as my c of the future to roll with kpj

I don't trust woods ankle and he gets pushed around..and will be due a Max contract by the time we start getting good.. maybe wood at pf? But Damn I really like mobleys game

Kinda hope we get #2 and not #1 just to get a center cuz Cade is going #1

Tired of small ball.. worried even if our backcourt is cade/kpj we will still roll out 6'4 Tate as our pf next yr..need size Damn it

Big Time Titan likes this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

Agree 100% watched about an hour of YouTube clips of this kid...humble determined and highly skilled. Can play and make an impact right now in the nba even though skinny just being a shot blocker and oop catcher.
    Future is scary bright if he puts it all together (I’m talking KG/ AD / Giannis level of 7footers)

D-rock and Shark44 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Did you even hear the question **** for brains?

16. Big Time Titan

This. This like a MF. That smallball strategy is weak AF. I’d rather move Wood to PF and get the best big with whatever pick we end up with. Even if we are to end up with top 4 pick I’m all for flipping it for a good young big.

Get back to the days of dominating the paint and the boards. Heaving up bad shots and playing no defense isn’t entertaining to me at all.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think you can be both tired of small ball and in favor of going with Cade. He’s 6’8 and can play 1-3. Just like KPJ is the “biggest” 6’4 PG/SG you’ll see.

I like Mobley... I do. But I don’t yet see KG/Embiid/AD potential. My biggest concern is offensively he seems a little robotic and isn’t a great shooter yet. 69% from the line. 30% from three. Sure a center that is great from three isn’t a necessity... but we’re talking about a top pick when a guy like Cade is available.

if I’m taking a center as the top pick... in today’s NBA... he better absolutely be a no doubt multi multi multi time all star and potential HOFer.

otherwise give me the guy that can have the ball in his hand much more frequently and at the end of games.

in short... at this point in time, I’m taking Cade 10x out of 10 over Mobley. If Mobleys upside is AD ... Cades is Ben Simmons with much better offense and slightly worse defense or Luka with much better defense and slightly worse offense. I’ll take either of those over AD in today’s NBA.

I just also happen to think Cade is kore likely to reach his upside case than Mobley.

as for Suggs... I dont know. I guess I’m just not as enamored as everyone else. His biggest strength seems to be his composure. I guess he’s a better version of a Malcolm Brogdon. If his shot gets better.

I rank them Cade, Green, Mobley, Kuminga, Suggs. That’s not knowing about other prospects, international players, etc.

I think Cade is the real deal.

D-rock, xtruroyaltyx and NIKEstrad like this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I change my mind every day.

fckbandwagons and Corrosion like this.
  19. JD88

JD88 Member

As a UK fan, I'm not sorry to see him move on.

Dude has zero concern for team ball.

20. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I want anyone of ‘em. Whoever is sitting there when they pick, I want ‘em. Look, this team needs help in the worst way. They need size, they need shooters, they need rebounders, they need a bench, they need leaders... they cannot afford NOT to get one of the top guys.

D-rock, JayZ750 and sydmill like this.