1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think texans are behind texans watson allegations?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 19, 2021.

?

Do you think texans are behind the watson allegations?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2021.
  1. Yes texans are behind this

13.8%
  2. No way texans at all are behind this

67.0%
  3. Maybe texans are behind this

19.1%
  1. Major

Major Member

[​IMG]

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun Weinstein, under the guise of “not being involved in the GM/Coach search”, requested out.
    We see why Mr. Weinstein wants out. (And it ain’t got nothing to do with Cal, Jack, or anyone else with the Texans! The same people he thanked four months earlier?!)

“I couldn’t be more honored and humbled to sign a long-term deal in Houston, the city that I’ve grown to love so much and now call my home.

Thanks to Cal, Janice, the entire McNair family, Coach O’Brien, Jack Easterby and the whole Texans’ organization for helping to make my dream a reality.

I promise to do everything can to not only bring a championship to this great city but also leave a legacy of helping positively impact this community.”

3. raining threes

They tried to protect Watson

But you cant protect an idiot from being an idiot. God, Watson was dumb and listening to Avery/Mulageta only made the situation worse.

Watson in the long run is going to get what he deserves, losing his money, his image, his self importance and if he's lucky he wont be doing jail time.

phasors28 likes this.
  4. raining threes

Notice how Hopkins has been quite lately?

Hopkins is probably the guy who taught Watson the massage parlor tricks.

5. raining threes

It's much more likely that since Watson asked to be traded six months after signing a 156 mil contract the NFL owners didn't like Watson trying to change the way business is done in the NFL. So they started an investigation into Watson's life and all of this dirty laundry came out.

Bottom line, if you're going to take on the NFL's power structure you better have a squeaky clean background or what happened to Watson will happen to you.

CallMeTheDream and ipaman like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If true... and again, I don’t think any specific team is truly behind this, but I also don’t think all parties were unaware... if does set up a slippery slope across all leagues.

That being said, I don’t think the NFL will ever let a player or group of players have enough power to dictate everything. The gap between the owners power and the players power has never been more than it is currently in the NFL.

It’s why they can simply enforce a 17 game schedule, something that was decided months ago regardless of player displeasure.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

"Probably" is doing a lot of work here.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How many baby mammas was it? Tough smart @J.R.

9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Texans ruining their own elite qb career doesn't even make sense.

That new SI article is disturbing especially from a legit massage therapist plus she asks for no money and not affiliated with the lawyer. That has nothing to do with the Texans and everything to do with SI.

B-Bob and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I think this entire situation has definitely opened some eyes. But players have much more leverage now than they've ever had.

It just ties back to supply and demand. Fans love the sport. That's the only reason a team like the Texans can go 20 years without an unsold seat...

As for the 17 game season, it was a part of the previous CBA that they could take the number of games up to 17, but they didn't want to play a full pre-season schedule. So that's what they did. Same amount of total games, plus the TV money SHOT Up, and the players get a large piece of that. If anything the players didn't use enough leverage to get exactly what they wanted, but ultimately both sides benefited in this.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. raining threes

Seems like a good deal to me.

Wish they would have gotten 18 game regular season.

Gotta keep on squeezing the players to get that.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think that's as applicable to the NFL.

In fact holdouts are seemingly less rampant than previous eras, as players have proved again and again that they will eventually not want to miss game checks... and teams structure deals that will minimize damage if said player is cut well before their contract ends.

UTSA2step likes this.
  13. primtim24

You're right, holdouts aren't nearly as prevalent as they used to be, but that's not entirely due to the new rules, as much as its due to the fact that teams find a way to make their stars happy.

They changed the rules to make fines for attendance mandatory, and teams still don't use it to their advantage. Because they ultimately want the stars to be happy.

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Haha :) Certainly can't discount that, either!

It IS Houston, after all.

raining threes likes this.
  15. likestohypeguy

It doesn't have to make sense. It just, has to make me mad.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

If it turns out the Texans have any part in this, it will be the death of this franchise. Couldn’t see another free agent signing here if that happened

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I don't know why they didn't just make it 18 or 20 games and just remove the preseason schedule altogether. Do some of those team scrimmages/practices to help prep. Preseason games just aren't worth the risk for players or time for fans. Just my 2 cents.

18. primtim24

Most preseason games aren't. But they still really benefit from a couple of them.

I'm really surprised that they agreed to such a weird number though. 17 just seems so wrong.... They had a good formula with 16

Shark44 likes this.
  19. raining threes

If this happened and the McNair's get caught they would probably be forced to sell the team. So that may not be a bad thing.

IBTL likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So, the Texans got 21 women to claim Watson sexual harassed/assaulted them? They made Watson schedule sessions with these women over 2 years? Get a ****ing clue.

cmoak1982 likes this.