1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I'm not sure I'm following you man, I just meant that looking back, we could have done the same while putting some elements of long lasting culture around the team. And putting those elements gives you the rationale to not go after trade demands, because you have an structure.

I can't speculate on the Nets as I don't follow that team. It seems that one could say they have a great 3pt shooter in Harris, a better secondary scorer in Irving. Maybe that makes them look slightly better. Both things were points of discussion in CF for years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you truly believe Harden didn't bring a winning culture to the Rockets for the past 10 years?

D-rock, jiggyfly and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Not at all, I'm saying the organization could have been better in creating a lasting culture around Harden, but that implies other people outworking Harden (at their jobs of course), and since no one did it, no one said "No" when we should. And that's why I go back to my original post saying that everyone has responsibility in the actual state of the team, you can't single out one "guilty".

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's really discouraging man.... I really feel like the Knicks. We got nothing for an legendary SG. AND we lost our foundation with Morey peacing out. I'm pretty pissed at the org actually and the **** owner.

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

This league in badly need of the next MJ to keep its business blossom n prosperous…unfortunately, now it is over-manipulated n looks quite anemic

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

ElPigto, fryjol7, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

what does the Jazz paying the tax for a team that won’t even beat the Lakers do with our team that is tanking?

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

It has everything to do with it. When you have a team that has the best record in the league and they feel they can compete, their owner is doing what hes supposed to and paying to keep it together. It doesn't sound familer here bc the rockets have a dumbass owner that did the opposite and broke it up. The jazz owner is doing it right and giving them a shot. Whether they can beat the Lakers or not, doesn't matter. You might not think they will. They may or may not. But they certainly feel like they can. That's what matters

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

It gives them their best chance. When you know that you’ve done absolutely all you can do to be successful and you still fail, it’s much easier to live with the results. There is no wondering what could’ve been had we done this instead and no pandering. You shot your shot.

Not giving your absolute best because you’re resigned to and crippled by the possibility of failure just guarantees that you absolutely will fail.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Tilman bootlickers aren’t gonna like this tweet...IB4 all the dumbass excuses and alternative facts

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what does operating income really means?

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cant wait for them to take the same flip on coronavirus

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

vator likes this.