1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebuild or Retool - Your Preference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Nov 14, 2020.

?

What is your preference for the Rockets offseason?

1. Full Rebuild

54 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. Quick Retool

38 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Full rebuild.
    Harden as THE guy won’t win a ring. He either needs a co alpha or someone above him. Trade him while his value is still high.

chadyang and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Retool. Give it two more years with Harden (assuming he doesn't ask out), then go full rebuild.

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Bam + Herro and any other young potential stars or decent picks we get in trading WB, EGO, and others I think this would be the best case scenario if rebuilding. You would essentially be one young superstar away from competing for a long time and hitting the reset button.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

My preference is to retool. Harden and Westbrook each have two years remaining on their contracts with third-year player options worth $47 million, and trading Westbrook pushes Harden further out the door (if it didn’t, I’d trade Westbrook and make Gordon the starting shooting guard, unless a better option was acquired in the trade). Also, it’s beyond time for NBA front offices to take a stand against players that try to hold their franchise hostage when they don’t have things to their liking. Harden and Westbrook’s displeasure stems from the fact they wanted John Lucas, who hasn’t been a head coach in nearly 20 years, to replace Mike D’Antoni instead of Stephen Silas, who has been an assistant coach in the NBA for the last 22 years. They deserved to have their voice heard during the coaching search, but the final decision shouldn’t rest with them.

If disgruntled players want to leave as free agents when their contracts are up, fine. Until then, do your job in a professional manner and stop issuing trade demands through the media. You signed the contract, and you must deal with the consequences.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

So the Rebuild got Chosen in reality.

My honest thoughts are that the current team might all be gone besides Wood and Porter. Those 2 guys could possibly be your 5th, 6th best players on a championship team. Funny how this roster is not even Nba Worthy at 13-33.

I would not even look in at Tate, like everyone is homering this guy, he not even that good and starts. Just a scrappy player on a bad team imo. Should be nice to get a top 1-4 Pick thou. This Thread should age well.

YallMean likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Retool? How do u retool when you are dog sh#t?

Reeko, YallMean and ico4498 like this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Luck and right manager and coaching stuff.

We have none at this point. It’s random roulette. I don’t see we will succeed under this owner.

Also every one is saying surely the Nets will suck by 2028 for the pick swaps. lol. You think Harden will diminish in 5 years? With his playing style, Harden has at least another 5 years to be a MVP/elite caliber payer in the league.

There is no analysis for Luck. The winter has come. Just hibernate and enjoy other things in life during this time.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hope the Nets win a title this year or next Harden will go to LA after next season. Kyrie/Durant will flake. I like the potential of the Net picks.

Keep Bo Porter Silas through next year. Maybe 2 more seasons. Keep him through 2023 if we have to convey 2021 pick. Otherwise only expose him to top rookie for a year. Dont want rookie becoming apathetic like Bo Porter Silas.

Let Commander Wall lead us to 12 and 70 next year. Jettison him as an expiring in summer of 2022.

Grow and keep KPJ/Tate/KMJ.

In 2023-2024 we should be able to use draft capital to augment core for return to playoffs and success.

juanming likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. Coach E

Coach E Member

Free Agency the next 1-2 seasons is bleak. Unless we find a way to clear the John Wall contract, we aren't looking at a lot of salary cap room.
    Even if we did clear enough space for some big FA signings, the class isn't great. Big Names, but what are the chances they move? Not high.

We are almost certainly facing a complete rebuild.

I think the most prevalent question becomes what do we do with Wood? He is right in the sweet spot of age/contract/ability/potential.
    Amazing trade bait to really jumpstart the rebuild? Or do we try to use him as our first quintessential core piece to build around?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think this upcoming off season is crucial for his growth. He needs to work on his physical fitness and on defense/ rebounding and post scoring. The next season will give me the answer to your question. I like him.

12. Nook

Nook Member

There are 25 games left this season for the Rockets.

The Rockets are 13-34 and tied for the second worst record in the league and one game behind the Wolves for the worst record.

The largest threat to catching the Rockets are the Magic at 16-31...... but there are a group of 3-4 teams close after that.

At this point the Rockets need to keep their seeding in the 2-3 range. There is no real benefit to finishing with the worst record as all that does is benefit the Thunder, as being first increases the odds of being 4-5 and not 6-7.

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. We want the 3rd worst record! I have no clue if they do tie breakers of any sort, or just divide the balls up.

I believe our pick is top 4 protected, so any of the bouncing ball spots works for us. I believe the T-Wolves have only top 3 protection.

Deuce and Nook like this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We literally are trying to tank so no point in retooling. We abandoned the retool option the second we secured WALL.