1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 3/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow, I already forgot he exists. Shows the level of attention I'm paying.

juanming, sirjesse, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Well, we'll see. I think he can get there. If he doesnt mentally implode. John Lucas better be glued to his hip.

DeBeards and Mr. Space City like this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Calvin tells it like it is....this team loses because of it's lack of aggressiveness at crunch time and overall talent level.We are a dumpster fire pure and simple. We aren't beating anyone anytime soon...the tank I guess makes for good banter.

4. SORF

SORF Member

I like this team without Wall. I see promise with the young guys. This year is a bust, but I think next year we can make the playoffs as long as we get rid of Wall. Rebuild Rockets, Rebuild.

juanming and HorryForThree like this.
  5. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I mean it was definitely more fun to watch this team without Wall's selfish brickathon

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Damn is it gonna hurt like this everytime Houston plays Harden? I cant wait for him to retire lol

Lost in the World likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think any fans think he is a franchise player. Our franchise player is in this year's draft. Wood/KPJ will compliment them well.

napalm06, FrontRunner and sydmill like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

KPJ played like a few minutes in the 4th and at 20 he fears being a chucker and passed off to Wood a lot. He only took 2 shot attempts in the 4th and was 1 of 2. His issue isn't getting up a shot. He can get up a shot if he wants. The issue is that he might not feel confident doing it when guys like Wood are on the team and feel as if they are the franchise player.

Wood sees himself as the best player on the team. Wall sees himself as the best player on the team. KPJ probably is the most promising player on the team but at 20, he's going to struggle asserting himself. Only rare guys like Kobe have no fear chucking at 20.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Well, then Rox would have won though.

10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Well Houston and Baylor are in the final 4

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hopefully Porter doesnt take out a gun from his locker. We should be ok.

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's not a good idea to play Kelly O with Wood down the stretch, the rebound is not good

13. acruz2

acruz2 Member

the Rockets subs played well in the 3rd Qtr should have brought back Augustin and Kelly

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lucas might need to live with KPJr during the offseason...summer time is prime fckery season for guys like Porter

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Our franchise player is Emoni Bates. You guys really need to check him out.

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The shooting distribution is so much better without him. It's crazy. And it's not just shots, but touches. More people are involved in the offense than when he holds the ball for 10+ seconds every possession.

The reason we lost tonight has everything to do with this team not having the grit right now to perform late in the fourth. That's not just a John Wall problem, though he definitely sucks late in games. KPJ, Wood, and others have a way of struggling late in the 4th when games are tight and there's a lot of pressure.

17. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

My body is ready for the #18 pick but I hope you are right

napalm06 likes this.
  18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood's not right...not healthy...and they're playing him...smh....

KPJ's gonna have a helluva career if he keeps his head.

19. riko

riko Member

DJ Augustine is a far more intelligent guard then Wall. He makes way better decisions and is a way better shooter and floor spacer.

Porter played well but he is young and his playmaking is still not where it will be in a few years.

Wood got dominated by young Claxton in the second half.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He can get his shot off lol. He has no issue getting shots off. His issue is at 20 he might feel he needs to pass off more than he should. Look at the game. He passed off plenty of times when he could have been a little bit more selfish.

This team has a pecking order with Wall and Wood say the top. That might make KPJ fear being more selfish with the ball.