1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Harden has been the most valuable player for many years. He’s the media’s valuable player now that he’s carrying a big team market.

D-rock, Nook and chadyang like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No its not.

Williamson likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that have to do with anything?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm just tired of people skirting this season's monstrosity off of Harden like he didn't have 70% of the blame. He put the team in a horrible position where we had to take pennies on the dollar because he colluded with his buddy to get where he wanted.

hakeem94, napalm06, homewight and 4 others like this.
  5. Pringles

Pringles Member

It's bittersweet. I love Harden and what he did, but man, he's left us in a bad place. The Rockets have a 48% chance of not getting a good pick to expediate this tank process and a large part of that has to do with us trading away our future (thinking Harden was a Rockets lifer) for Westbrook.

bballjunkie likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is actually saying he did nothing wrong and even so him going to strip clubs in a pandemic had no bearing on this whatsoever or do you think that's why he was traded?

I'm also tired of people acting like whatever happened this season had any bearing on what he was traded for its absolutely false.

And even so was a random shot that had nothing to do with this thread.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was shocked when I found out Mr. Tilman did that to Harden.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

That feigan article is free

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's behind a paywall I have tried to read it several times.

topfive likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s strange. I can see it just fine

11. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I see your point. Well, I had been really critic of Harden before. But he is not in the Rockets anymore and the other half of the equation it's the owner.
    I put some of the responsibility in Morey too, big admirer of his work, but what an enabler he was with Harden. Leadership is also about saying no when it has to be said. All of them ****ed us royally, with just one of them thinking about the fans we could have another story, but that's life.

After watching the outcome I believe now that a good leader builds culture first

12. WestendMassive

Right when you think Bill Simmons couldn't talk any more out of his ass, he goes and doubles down and says something even more ridiculous.

Somehow it's surprising to him that Harden is playing in such a "masterful" way in Brooklyn, and he's playing better basketball than anyone in the NBA right now, yet he also says he won't vote for him for MVP on principle.

They really need to take voting away from these clowns. His play either makes him the MVP or not, they shouldn't be determining votes on how much they like players or how they perceive how players left certain teams.

Nobody really shat on AD for screwing over the Pelicans yet Harden asking for a trade is going to cost him an MVP? Just be consistent for once in your lives!

D-rock, MettaWorldPete, Nook and 2 others like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The media hates Houston. It was never about Harden.

hakeem94, topfive, dc rock and 7 others like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You go where the eyes are. Houston just isn't a top 5 sports market and just like in economics it's about supply and demand. Just way more clicks and downloads from the coasts than our city in the swamp.

hakeem94 and dachuda86 like this.
  15. beardsanity713

Not hating on nobody getting money first off..
    Dude built his empire & brand in Houston. Houston made him global.
    Has investments into the city owns part of the Dynamo restaurants etc. So Houstonians have to live with his presence still here while he brings another city a title. Its funny I was watching espn do a story on his step back comparing him to Wilt & all I almost puked as the entire world outside of houston literally couldnt stand him a few months ago. Now they're doing sports science on his shots smh. Just a bitter rockets fan ranting...

crose likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Truer words my friend. Only people in the game, coaches, GMs, players should be able to nominate and vote. In fact I'd 100% rather allow ushers and peanut vendors before shock jocks, trolls and pseudo analytics impostors that are the digital age sports media. The former player "analysts" are all just envious too and view everything through a heavy bias of defending their era and saying they could average 40 in this era. Lack of knowledge and ignorance is far more preferable to intentional stupidity that gives MVPs to Curry, Westbrook and Giannis with new criteria every year.

hakeem94, D-rock and MettaWorldPete like this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People like Simmons use hot takes to generate views but the problem beyond that is they apply this logic, that they may not even believe in, to their voting process. So they impact legacies just to be contrarian. It’s dumb as ****.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Tilman decided to rebuild first and foremost.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I did my first sports bet of my life last weekend, with $200 into James Harden for MVP at +900. Just to prove a point. **** the national sports media pundits.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so who's harden's enabler now? nash and marks? and stubborn mda never learned hi lesson. poor nets

and morey even going back for seconds. even convinced doc. philly dodged a big one there.

celts and heat know what they're doing. results are clear.

jiggyfly and MettaWorldPete like this.