1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Sounds like he’s already pushing the rigged elect...I mean case theory.

But also he admits that he hasn’t provided any info to HPD although they apparently reached out to him weeks ago?

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Buzbee might be a good lawyer but he seems so shady. Maybe the women would be better off with a different lawyer.

DJboutit, joshuaao, dc rock and 9 others like this.
  3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

He doesn't have to go to HPD. He could go to the Harris County Sheriff instead or other law enforcement agencies in the surrounding area depending on where the massages took place.

Nook likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Believe all women!!!

[​IMG]

Zen Tabak and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  5. likestohypeguy

It just seems like that because his legal strategy is increasingly about political conspiracies (fraught with spelling errors), posted to social media, at night.

"Now I'm not saying Mr. Hardin's son is the reason why HPD won't even look at my packet of evidence. I'm just saying, he is an HPD officer. So you tell me."

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Buzbee is a blowhard who has sold his soul to the devil in the name of profit. This smear campaign (brought on, most likely by legit circumstances) is giving a terrible name to lawyers.

To use the media and social media to smear the name and change public opinion of a high profile person, in the name of making money for yourself and others, under the guise of law and order, is about as low as sexually assaulting women. Tit for tat, for lack or a better term.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...atson-to-houston-police-department-after-all/

It also seems odd to think that the authorities would disregard or overlook claims made by 19 different women based on factors other than whether the authorities believe, based on the evidence provided, that a crime has been committed. Buzbee isn’t one of the victims; he’s their lawyer. The notion that the Houston Police Department would take a dim view of his clients’ efforts to seek justice simply because of the identity of their lawyer takes cynicism to new heights. (It also suggests that the best interests of these women arguably would be better served by hiring different counsel.)

Two Sandwiches and jiggyfly like this.
  8. showa13

showa13 Member

Again, I’m not disagreeing that what Deshaun has done is bad, from what I’ve heard it’s prob worse than what we’re hearing. You just seem wayyyyy too, how do I say, ‘excited’ about all of this. Like aroused, it’s just really weird dude.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rusty might not even have to show up to the court to beat this clown. This is getting obvious, Buzbee is prepping another run for Mayor and wants to attract women to his base. If these allegations are true I feel bad for the victims for choosing such a garbage lawyer.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What "other orgnanizations" could Buzbee have sent his evidence to? FBI? Some state level investigative authority? It's weird that the only group that he's being specific about is HPD, and he's gone back and forth on what he has and hasn't given to them.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you've got a lot going on inside your head that you are assuming is reality when it's not. I'm neither excited or upset when it comes to this. It is what it is.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok Buzbee is going full on MAGA conspiracy guy.

Is he having a breakdown?

If he actually believed this stuff should he not use it in court?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You do know there is a thread for this.

Take that to the D&D where it belongs.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not sure of the actual mechanics but don’t see how a gag order wouldn’t be appropriate in this case. He’s essentially saying that a criminal investigation has not been or won’t be launched because of police corruption. Even worse that it is corruption perpetuated by the opposing counsel’s son.

And unless I have missed something, neither the victims nor Buzbee have filed anything with them.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's almost as if you replied to your own comment

16. Major

Major Member

For someone that keeps saying we should not pay attention to lawyer statements to the media, he sure spends a lot of time making lawyer statements to the media.

mikol13, Two Sandwiches and jiggyfly like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buzbee officially jumped the shark

20. likestohypeguy

HPD, HCSO, HCDA, and yeah potentially US atty with the one he flew in from ATL.