1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets legend Howard leads alma mater to top seed in NCAA tournament

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://247sports.com/college/maryl...rds-alleged-threat-to-Mark-Turgeon-162300737/

Howard, according to Maryland's communications with the conference, said to Turgeon: "I'll f*****g kill you," during a screaming match that saw both coaches move toward one another at midcourt and resulted in Howard's ejection in the Wolverines' eventual 79-66 win. Turgeon didn't bring up that claim during his postgame conference.

"This has been going on for three games. I've been doing this for 34 years and I've called the conference office. I called the commissioner about what transpired in the first two games. And I said I wasn't gonna take it the third game. And so I stood up for my team, I stood up for me," Turgeon said afterward, referring to complaints Maryland had made about Howard making disrespectful comments to Maryland's bench during the first two meetings between the two teams this season.

[​IMG]

RocketWalta and BamBam like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They won't go far without Livers. I've noticed Franz Wagner shot from beneath his chin doesn't get sent if defender within 6 feet in front of him.

Rockets legend coach Sampson will get the Cougars further.

saleem likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Juwan Howard Expected To Be In 'High Demand' For NBA Job

Juwan Howard has Michigan as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament in his second season as head coach, which will only raise his profile as a potential candidate for an NBA job.

Howard was an NBA candidate before he took the job at Michigan following his time as an assistant coach with the Miami Heat.

"Many NBA executives feel Howard will be in high demand once again this offseason," writes Jonathan Givony.

It remains to be seen whether Howard will consider a jump to the NBA, especially since he has the No. 1 recruiting class in the country coming in next season.

[​IMG]

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

let him go to twolves and make that team better. rox need the #1 pick for next year too

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Remember when he stole sunglasses? That was awesome!

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I always thought Howard was a lover not a fighter..o_O

Sura faints!!! :confused:

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I was actually expecting this Rocket legend Howard.

[​IMG]

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry Juwan, but you had a good run.

Cougars are legit though, Final 4, baby!!