1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tankathon Extravaganza 21/22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Grizzlyshark, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ohhh.. maybe? Look out for Tankathon #2!!

saleem likes this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Nice thread vs the BS threads I’ve seen lately

Grizzlyshark and saleem like this.
  3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Yeah Sharpe SHOULD be on the Rockets shortlist (though im all for them trading up for Kai Jones).

Missed out to the Knicks who i thought might look to a big given how Mitchell has been injured this year.

saleem likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

The last mock draft I did...
    2- Green (same tier but least likely to bust)
    23- Sharpe —> pure energy
    24- Garuba —> raw but smooth energy
    If this were to happen we would be in the playoffs next year with nothing but good times ahead. Reassembling at a very quick pace. So much athletic size and high motor energy to go with Porter / Green / Wood. Keeping what we got and adding. I truly believe with this mix of talent (vet & youth) we would be a 45+ winner with Silas and that includes the growing pains.

note:
    Wall will need his knee scoped over and over again and again for the 45+ wins to happen. Or just play in the first half of the games get 10 assets then watch the rest of the game from the sideline making his trade value go through the roof.

Grizzlyshark and don grahamleone like this.
  5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Woo hoo!
    The magic just beat the clips, gaining win # 16.
    That puts them 3 wins ahead of us in the standings, with cle and was being 4 wins up.
    We currently have a 3 game lead for a bottom 3 record, although I'm not sure about tie breakers.

6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Tankathon #2

Notes from the draft sim

1. Detroit
    2. Washington
    3. Houston
    4. Golden State via Minnesota
    5. Orlando

Houston also get #22 and #24 (pay attention to this pick).

Mock Draft

Link to mock draft:
    https://tradenba.com/mock-drafts/FZvmgvN2g

1. Detroit draft Cade Cunningham
    2. Washington draft Evan Mobley
    3. Houston draft Jalen Green
    4. Golden State draft Jalen Suggs
    5. Orlando draft Jonathan Kuminga

Other notes:

Houston draft Day'Ron Sharpe at #22 and Jaden Springer #24.
    Pacers draft Franz Wagner #11, Toronto draft Ziaire Williams #7.

Ok. I may have let people slip just due to my sheer neglagence like JADEN SPINGER falling to 24. This will come into play later.

Houston take Green at #3, im personally really torn between Suggs and Green. Im leaning towards Green if only because i see Suggs as more of a ball handler and i want to see KPJ at the point. Its a very fine line.

Other notes from this draft. Wagner falling to 11 is based more around team needs. The talent in the lottery is crazy, so i can absolutely see someone like Wagner slip. Barnes went 6 and then all were SGs until Wagner.

I really dont see Springer lasting that long, but anything can happen, look at RJ Hampton last year. I was just going through the list and didnt realise he was still hanging around. But dem the breaks i guess.

Offseason moves/trades

Link to trade:
    https://tradenba.com/trades/xUWSErZOz

At the risk of just signing John Collins every day i switched it up to Lauri Markanan for aeound 20m a year. That means we save a bit of money in the long run and basically forget about defense.

Getting off Walls contract may require more luck in this aspect, however, i thought us drafting Jaden Springer could be used to our advantage. 6ers find themselves a starting PG which they were looking for before the trade deadline, get a young stud PG/SG of the future in Springer whom they can team with Maxey down the line and another lottery protected 1st. Chicago go MORE in after not living up to their own expectations during the playoffs. Harris costs them Sato, Thad and a 1st.

I actually really like the idea of Thad being a vet big on our team and actually considered just running with him as our starting PF and counting on another high pick next year.

Rockets line up:
    KPJ/Agustine
    Green/Gordon
    Tate/KJ
    Lauri?/Thad/Olynyk
    Wood/Sharpe

7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Worth noting that if i DONT sign Lauri. Bringing back DJ Wilson is def on the cards aswell as signing another backup 1 guard like a Kris Dunn

8. fattz

fattz Member

Olynyk / House and Wilson are enough at the big forward spot. I would also flip flop Gordon and Green to have a veteran present in the back court at all times. I also think returning Brown/Nwaba should be a priority.

don grahamleone and Grizzlyshark like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

10. vick

vick Member

Just someone dreaming. In real life the Rockets are a 15 point underdog against Harden and the Nets tonight.

11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ah.. yeah.

Thats kinda the point.

Or ya know, we can all just keep posting about how bad our team is and the almighty Nets?

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Tank from the future. Looking good guys, way to keep the plan moving.

[​IMG]

chadyang, cheke64, saleem and 4 others like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Minnesota is in a worse position than we are. Their lotto pick is only top 3 protected. Imagine GS gets lucky again and gets the 4th pick in the draft. f****

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

They have 60% chances of losing their pick so the odds favours the Warriors.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Grizzlyshark I felt like Suggs could play on or off ball based on the Zags offensive scheme. All that movement forces guys to learn to play off ball. I’m pushing Suggs up my lists personally.

Are you simulating your trades too?

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  16. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Not the trades. Just trying to find more out of the box trades. Some might stick. Some will fall flat on the ground haha

Its a holiday here in NZ so may be a lil late with Tankathon 3!! Arohanui whanau

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Wall’s knee has a lot of bearing on our future. We can still get quality players with our later picks but not the superstar we all covet. The tank needs it’s commander or there is no purpose. Plus, when Gordon comes back that may push us out of the top 4, too. Our new additions are starting to help/hurt us. The second half meltdowns should stop soon. We need Wall.

saleem likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Have you seen Whale Rider? My friend lives next to the body-double for the lead girl in that movie and she did all the swimming scenes, I believe. I loved the movie, but I love whales too. Learning a tad bit about Maori culture was pretty cool while I was watching that movie. It provoked me to look them up regarding sailing during antiquity... man there is a lot of depth to that aspect of the Maori. Sailing is in the blood! Navigation the old way is far superior to what Western sailors were doing before the invention of the Longitude Clock. Aroha mai if I got any of that wrong.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

@Grizzlyshark How many picks does Houston have in the upcoming draft if they miss out on a top 4 pick? I think OKC will also get the better of the Miami or the Houston pick and their own. Perhaps packaging Tate and a FRP might help Houston to climb up and get a low lottery pick if tanking doesn't work.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

We'd still have 3. If OKC take our pick then we get Miamis aswell. Thats looking to be around 18 now, but will probably go down by the end of the season. So probably 3 picks in the 20s :/ dont get me wrong, a lot of good can come from those picks (Brandon Clarke) but it would be a dissapointing outcome.

At this point, i wouldnt trade Tate and picks for a late lottery. Hes THAT good IMO, we have a sure thing in Tate, wouldnt give him up unless something amazing falls in our lap say.. Suggs or Green falls to 8 or 9 and the offer is there i take it. Otherwise, im happy with Tate.