1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just finished Breaking Bad for the first time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Mar 30, 2021.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What everyone has been saying about this show is true. This show is perfect. I really cannot think of any real flaws in 5 seasons. Walter White is a character that will go down as a television icon & Cranston's performance will be remembered forever.

I'm excited to watch El Camino and then will give Better Call Saul a try as well.

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I've watched BB twice now (once by myself, and then second time with the wife). Totally agree, one of the top shows ever to air.

As for El Camino......

But I'm still patiently waiting for season 6 of BCS. Started off slow in the beginning, but man what a great freaking show!

3. VanityHalfBlack

It really is. God Tier

Blake likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

BB was great all the way through and was one of the rare series to give its fans the perfect ending. they did NOT f*** it up like GOT did.

BCS is great, but in a different way. and most people i know who were fans of BB have not watched BCS. if you watched BB you really have to watch BCS as you get some great insight into all the characters and their backstories...saul isnt really the star of the show...its a true ensemble cast. the episode with mike in philly is one of the greatest from either series.

it is a slow burn for the first few seasons, but very enjoyable. i just wish they would have gone full-saul earlier...it was only just starting to happen in the last season. i think at the rate they were going it would have been another few years before it caught up to the BB storyline.

i wish the network gave half a **** about that show...they dont really do any promo and they never show the episodes on tv. its like 10 episodes a year and then nothing...no repeat showings or anything. they could have done just a little bit of marketing and/or have one night a week where they show an episode or two in reruns and i think it would have taken off. at this point i doubt the show even comes back. its been two years and jonathan banks is well into his 70's.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Final season was insane, yep. Never been so hooked on an American show in my life.

deb4rockets and CCity Zero like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Good writing meets good directing meets good acting. Action, comedy, suspense; really is a perfect show.

Show had layers and character study; can be showcases in film classes as examples of good film making.

Bunch of iconic scenes too many to name.

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, that show set the bar for any show I've ever tried to watch since. It was amazing.

Another great show i just finished is The Americans.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I will watch a good show twice but for some reason I don't want to watch this again not a really fun watch and you really don't get anything on a rewatch IMO.

One of my all time. top shows but don't think I will revisit again just some hard things to relive.

Have rewatched the Wire 3 times and Mad Men twice as well as the Sopranos. and will probably do it again.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

?? They’re filming season 6 as we speak.

It is the last season, however... but technically the show should be able to be finished at this point given where they are.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I never knew where your name came from until I started watching Breaking Bad

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Yeah, but have you seen “The Wire”?

Is the next question that always gets brought up with Breaking Bad.

(But seriously that show is also in the GOAT status)

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen the Wire. And to me, it just doesn't hold up. At all. Not on the same playing field IMO.

15. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

It is dated because of the tech but the amount that your care for the characters is just as deep, for me atleast.

Funny I was actually watching an episode of Deep Space Nine last night and Tuco was in it. Made me want to rewatch BB. Now this thread, it think that is a sign.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BB is about as good as it gets on television. I really need to rewatch that one. I totally agree with those that said El Camino is kind of meh. Not bad, but it doesn't really do much for me. Better Call Saul is fantastic but fantastic in a different way than BB. Still something I make sure to catch whenever there is a new episode, though.

I hadn't heard that season 6 will be the final season. That makes me both happy and sad. Hopefully they stick the landing as effectively as they did for BB.

LosPollosHermanos and jiggyfly like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have watched The Wire.

The two shows are different.

Breaking Bad is a fictional story with great characters, writing, directing, and production.

The Wire is a fictional story that might as well be nonfiction, with great characters, writing, directing, and production.

From a technical standpoint, Breaking Bad is better, it has tighter storylines, better acting, and more "entertaining"

However, The Wire touches you a lot more, because you realize that everything that is happening there is similar to what happens in real life. The Wire impacted my life more than Breaking Bad.

Yung-T and jiggyfly like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos

I can rewatch all three one after the other to perpetuity.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hank dying is one of the saddest things ever in fiction

TMac'n likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not really, he became obsessed with getting Walt. It wasn't even about "doing the right thing" anymore, it was mainly defeating Walt. I doubt he would ever live with himself if Walt had successfully saved him from death right there.

Yung-T and jiggyfly like this.