1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off Season: Free Agents \ Buyouts\ etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Incorrect. Teams can make trades once their season is over. For the Rockets, that will likely be after the end of the regular season. However, most teams don't actually make trades during that time, since the field of potential partners is limited while other teams' seasons are still going on.

AXG and D-rock like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow. Somehow I never knew this. Well I guess just because i've never seen it happen (or paid attention to it happening).

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do you know how crazy I feel that I'm worried that Kelly Olynyk and DJ Augustin are going to screw up the tank?!?! DO YOU?!?!

Corrosion and Boston84 like this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

re-sign Olynyk and call it a day

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

sign olynyk to a max extension right now

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How much MLE do we have left? And who are we using it on?

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Looks like people in Boston are asking him to push a buyout agreement with Houston. Hope he likes it here and gets a Deal. Boston can suck it!.

tc0330 and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Australian pipeline strike liquid gold again?

Hui, Richie_Rich and gfab-babyboi like this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Im.sold

Hui and D-rock like this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I love the okc strategy. Get players that you can flip for picks in facilitating other trades. Whatever money we have, I think that is what we should so with that money. Next year isn't going to be much different then this year so continue piling up picks. Hopefully in 2 years you will have added 2 top 10 picks to your roster of wood, Tate, kpj, kmj and maybe other younger players like brooks. Once you get rid of walls contract then you either flip those picks for a super star Ala nets or have cap space to sign a super max player. Rebuild complete.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Alize Johnson is better than Anthony Lamb.

Nook, gfab-babyboi and Deuce like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

haha

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Powell would have been really nice for Rockets.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would absolutely love Powell.... If we still had James Harden. Right now I'm more interested in guys in the G League than guys you have to pay big money but can't carry a team.

#115 Williamson, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  16. jb86

jb86 Member

At this point, either the owner will spend that money for elite players or we will have to develop what we have and hope they become elite. I'm still gonna ride with the Rockets either way. Win or Lose. Take the Ls with the Ws.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If anything he keeps what he has. I mean the Rockets probably cant get rid of Wall until next summer after this one, possibly this summer if you take on some crappy contracts or even send out draft picks. Gordon may be kept around because vet 3pt shooters can be coveted even on rebuilding teams. That's to say if Gordon can keep his shot and health.

Although I don't know when but i assume Both these players will be gone by the end of next year 2022. Gordon might be kept around, you never know if the rockets need a vet who can get that 3pt shot off, but i think Gordon may be traded down the road. Rockets build around Cade( or Mobley), Porter, Wood, 2 possible nice young rookies, you might need a vet to come in and knock down that 3pt shot. Wall should be gone this summer. If Gordon turns out to be the worse contract you have, i guess its not that bad down the long stretch for his 3pt shot.

I Hope the rockets if they do spend some money in 2022 or 23 on a free agents, get another big around Wood that complements him for the future. That could just be drafting Mobley, and tying him up with the Money if he does become the real deal.

jb86 likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Really nice. At messing up our pick. What planet are you on?

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think D-Mo is our missing x-factor!

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you always this likeable and optimistic, or do you save all that saccharine for when responding to me?

Speaking if which, if you are going to follow me around I will have to start charging you.