1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

They did, just only if he had KD as a running mate in New York.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

all these buyout guys would’ve been looking at Philly if Harden had been traded there because Philly would’ve been top dog in the East, but now BK is getting 1st dibs

Remember when we heard that freaking Milwaukee wasn’t interested in James Harden? LMAO. They didn’t have the assets anyways, but still, gimme a break...

Heat and Celtics missed out, and now look at them...1 is celebrating a Dipo addition like that actually makes a difference, and the other is completely irrelevant and a non-factor

Ainge still living off of getting gifted KG by McHale and fleecing BK years ago

pippendagimp and lionaire like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

KD is apperently a recruting c
    what assets did we really get/ a bunch of a future picks? Bucks could have offered the same.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Bucks had already given their 2025 and 2027 FRPs unprotected along with swaps in 2024 and 2026 to New Orleans for Jrue. They could not have offered the same.

6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

He’s washed. It’s a pointless addition I think, but I guess we will see. Shouldn’t be a big problem integrating him in as I can’t imagine him actually being part of anythig important.
    The condescending arrogance of the heat and the Celtics toward harden- acting like Herro and Robinson were deal breakers or Harden wasn’t even worth having a meeting over if Jaylen Brown was the price is so absurdly ludicrous, and was at the time, that I look forward to Harden pulling his dick out of their ass and wiping in in their hair.

#3946 Wulaw Horn, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    jsingles and pippendagimp like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

I hope Harden and Durant win 4 straight so Lebron can know how lucky he got they didn't stay together.

Good job Heat. Enjoy those Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro highlights.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He may not be as good as he was, but he's a better option than Jordan. He'll score more points and he can actually shoot.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. HL3

HL3 Member

But... the culture?

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

His stats are better than Blake's and we know how Blake looks like playing next to Harden.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hindsight is 20/20, but if the Nets got Drummond instead of Blake, they'd be more of a sure thing imo. But oh well.

Irving / Harden / Harris / Durant / Aldridge.

You literally cannot leave your man to go double anyone on this team. The PnP game of Harden and Aldridge will be insane, considering how automatic LMA is.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

they were complaining that he was still in the game, but it was the 3rd quarter! granted, we were beating the everloving **** out of the hawks and actually had a 58 point lead in the 3rd, but still, it's the 3rd quarter, you just gotta take your whoopin'. we had a legit chance at the record MOV of 68 points but our bench was just too terrible.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i guess you might as well add aldridge for free if you can for depth, but i really don't see what he and blake are doing for them. you're not running offense through them, they spot up shoot the same or worse than anyone they would take minutes from, and they don't play defense. and that claxton guy seems like he should get as many minutes as he can handle. they're nice names to have but i would say things aren't going well if they are playing the ends of playoff games.

Wulaw Horn, jiggyfly and OmegaSupreme like this.
  15. HL3

HL3 Member

I mentioned this before but Claxton does not yet have the body to bang with elite big men. My man is listed as 215 pounds and looks like a toothpick with blond dreads. He looking like baby Anthony Davis out there. He looks incredible against wings and guards and on the perimeter, there aren't five other centers in the league who can do what he's already doing there. But, elite big men will bully this poor kid. Embiid, Giannis, AD will bench press this dude.

He's only 21 so he's not done growing but he needs a few years to reach his prime.

vator and MettaWorldPete like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

If the Nets dont win a title this year Dumbtoni should be solidified as the worst playoff coach ever.

Irving, Harden, KD, Jeff Green
    Jordan, Griffin, LMA
    Harris, Claxton

Bro thats like an allstar team. Griffin and LMA are not superstars anymore but they arent exactly washed either, Griffin for example just scored 17 their last game and LMA is averaged 18 and 7 just last year. Green, Harris, KD, and Harden all play multiple positions. No excuses anymore.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Claxton is a 21 yr old rookie the goal rn is to win a ring not develop fresking Claxton.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

James Harden has completely transformed the Nets.

Everyone wants to go to the nets now for easy buckets.

Rocket_ph and ksny15 like this.
  19. HL3

HL3 Member

To be fair if they go against a small ball team or a team with no elite offensive big, Claxton is absolutely their best option at center.

vator, red5rocket and MettaWorldPete like this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If Kyrie, Harden, and Durant are all playing well, do any of these signings really matter? Makes me wonder if the Nets trust Durant's health or Kyrie's commitment.

Wulaw Horn likes this.