1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone even watching this team anymore?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCballer, Mar 27, 2021.

?

How often do you watch these days?

1. Not at all

127 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. 1 game a week

33 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Couple games a week

22 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. All the games

73 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I watch every single possession of every game. Even garbage time during blowouts.

It’s important to watch Tate, Wood, KPJ, and KJ develop. And to also see Silas develop as a rookie HC — it’s interesting watching him try new stuff and experiment with different lineups/set plays.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Still watching every game, though I'm not sure why.

johnnydeezy1 and juanm34 like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I canceled my league pass After we blew the Dipo deal. Last night’s minny game was the first game i missed all year. I’m happy I spent my time doing other things. I probably won’t watch another game this year; i’m that disgusted with this organization. Wake me up on draft night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I tune in for every Tank commander Wall episode.

Rockets4Life13 and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, but the game thread is often more entertaining than the actual game

I do wonder what the local ratings are like for a season like this, especially in comparison to the MDA era

I’d be interested in seeing how big the drop off is.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Honestly I went from 99% of games in the past 5 years to about 50% the first half of this season and about 10% the last month.

When I do watch I mostly just post snark in the game thread, which like others have said, keeps it somewhat(?) fun.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Yep, I'm the same as I was during the Stros rebuild...I'll read about them and follow the results, but there's no way I'm devoting ~12 hours a week to watching garbage.

Sports is entertainment, and I am not entertained. If others are, go for it.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not gonna lie, sometimes the games have been so boring I fell asleep around the 2nd quarter and slept through the rest of the game

1 brick in the Hornets game we just lost by 25 the other night knocked me out and put me right to sleep, and I missed the rest of the game

I often find myself dozing off during these games

[​IMG]

HardenVolumeOne, T for 3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I was there for two championships in a row. I was there for 22 W’s in a row. I was here for 20 L’s in a row. Must watch every Rockets game. Ride or die Rockets fan only!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DCballer

DCballer Member

Just to be clear, I still care about the Rockets. That’s why I’m here to check for meaningful updates, see if anything good has happened. I just can’t watch anymore.

hakeem94 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I am not frustrated by the losses. I am frustrated by the injuries. I want to see all of the young players play fully knowing we wont win. That's why it sucks that wood was out for so long and now kpj is out.

I would also love to see brooks come up and play, particularly bc we are a terrible shooting team.

I dont want to watch to see the rockets win, I want to watch to see kpj, wood, Tate, kmj, brooks(hopefully) grow together. It's kind of like when the stros had Springer come up followed by altuve, Bregman etc .

Rockets4Life13 and DM'sVP like this.
  12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I deeply care about the team. But this season has been a mess, I can't justify stopping my day for 2 to 3 hours for such unprofessional team.

I´m mad at Stone and Fertita because of that, I really thought the Rockets were going to be a big part of my life forever. I don´t know if this is temporary, but this sucks, we have nothing. I looked really close the Hinkie sixers experiment and those guys played harder than us.

Hope this changes soon.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The "pandemic" made matters worse. The league has the cruel incentive of helping big market teams win for overall survival. Unless the Rockets can compensate for 5 vs 8 even better than the 2019 Raptors did they don't have a chance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Not gonna feel bad for not watching a tank job. I understand and support the decision. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna watch losses to prove that I’m a good fan.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The only way the basketball gods are going to give us the #1 pick is if you keep watching. :)

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Sanity2disChaos

Hard to watch bad basketball...... consistently.

I’m still a die hard but I have my standards still.

fryjol7 likes this.
  17. MettaWorldPete

I see nothing wrong w tuning out completely, but I enjoy watching the young guys develop, and staying in the loop on who is good/up and coming on other teams.

Wall’s bad play and Silas’s bad coaching really detract from the experience though.

fryjol7 likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hell yes, I watch them all. It’s great entertainment. The only thing as entertaining to watch as a good team is an equally terrible one. Where I lose interest is in the middle.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I mostly just watch the box score during the game to see how much they will lose by, who looks good on paper, and where we are in the standings each day.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I barely even watch highlights of games after the fact. It's tough to sit through Wall trying to 1v9.

These days, I just look at the the box score after the game and chuckle.

hakeem94 and fryjol7 like this.