1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone and Silas Are The Worst Hires Ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Mar 25, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS!!!!

Silas and Stone are shet!

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

True

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

true

D-rock likes this.
  4. HookemHorns1250

In a better position how exactly? You’d still have Walls massive contract, you’d have a few above average players added. Are we really wanting to go back to the “will the rockets be good enough to make it to the 8th seed!” Crap. I believe stock piling draft picks is the right way to go. You can’t hold Stone responsible for the disaster that was the westbrook trade that completely set our team back YEARS.

I’m not saying he’s the perfect GM, and I’m certainly not saying Silas is the perfect coach, but we are rebuilding, no sense in just tossing them out with our seeing what they can do with an above average roster (if we ever get there.)

As I said in a different thread. Teams aren’t stupid. They did their homework on Dipo. These idiots on “The jump” just read “oh he was an all star 3 years ago” and just go with that. They don’t see how far he’s fallen off. They don’t see him out every other freaking week.

I hate we are in this position, but I truly believe Stone is doing better than some people on this site are willing to give him credit for.

Silas is more of a wait and see. His offense revolves around shooters, which we literally have 0. Let’s see him when he actually gets some of the personnel he wants.

Corrosion and RocketToVegas like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Choosing a low FRP over JA is on Stone. JA would have brought Rockets more in trade this past deadline.

And Stone took too long to flip Dipo, his value was at its highest during 6 game win streak and a few games into the losing streak.

Instead Stone tried to sign him to an extension.

LOL

And Silas was instrumental in choosing Dipo over LeVert or another "All Star" caliber player in Harden trade.

Then playing Dipo as a secondary PG and having him iso so much really tanked his value due to inefficient and inconsistent production.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. HardenVolumeOne

I forgot Jarrett Allen and lavert were sent to houston as part of the harden trade… ouch