1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 3/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Mr. Space City

john wall is absolutely trying his best to win games (on his own terms). it's just he's such an awful scorer and he doesn't know it. it's so cute.

clos4life and rockets1995 like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18pbr likes this.
  3. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Until he is fired, I believe all the loss is to get the top pick. If they were really trying to win, with 15 loss itself I think the coach would have been fired, or at least rumors that his coaching job was on the line. But there is nothing of such sort. I believe it is by design. From top defensive team for a brief period to worst does not happen with a switch of a button as it has with Rockets. Many teams have done this in the past so I am not sure why the Rockets are an exception to it.

With all the head-scratching moves they have done so far with trades, landing top pick is the only option to save face, and to do that they simply need to lose.

hakeem94 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

nothing stops this tank...this tank is just something that happened...it wasn’t planned, nor was it wanted

they were definitely hoping that Oladipo would help keep them competitive and in the playoff hunt post-Harden, but everything just collapsed

I do not believe they want some multi-year rebuild

we should probably feel lucky we won’t have much cap space this summer or they’d probably use it trying to sign Demar Derozan thinking he’s a star and will make us a playoff team

if we keep our pick and hear that the Rockets are shopping it for a star, I wouldn’t be surprised at all...”Rockets looking to trade for Bradley Beal”...I can already see the tweet now

rockets1995, hakeem94, s3ts and 3 others like this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Normally a team feeds off it's coach to a degree...not as much NBA as college..but, it's not a good look for Silas to be hanging his head in defeat as a supposed "leader".

Hank McDowell and B-Bob like this.
  6. payaso

payaso Member

All this tells me is that, by having Harden, Tilman woke up on 3rd base thinking he'd hit a triple. He hasn't been to a regular-style game in over a year- what do you think would be the reception he'd get from the folks left holding tickets to this coprophragic cavalcade?

Rocket River and B-Bob like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if this was NY, it would be an avalanche of boos, chants of selling the team, and people wearing brown paper bags, but in Houston, it will just be an empty, quiet arena

I’m not going to a single game this year, and if we don’t keep our pick, I won’t be going next year either...I need something to cheer for

Kim, Roomba, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  8. payaso

payaso Member

Sounds like Tilman's gonna have to get back to Family basics... crack, hookers and protection money.
    Maybe a leveraged buyout isn't such a pipe dream...? Dream- we need you.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

just finished watching the 4th quarter, and John Wall, WOW

that was some of the most selfish display of basketball I’ve ever seen

there is no way in hell anyone on the team enjoys playing with Wall...not only does he ball hog, but he’s not even close to being an elite scorer that could warrant hogging the ball like he does

he singlehandedly lost the game

he drove full speed down the court and just threw something at the rim like 3 straight times in a row, and then he caps it off by trying a 4th time and just dribbling the ball off his foot out of bounds

that was astonishing to watch

ronclone, ElPigto, juanming and 8 others like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Imagine how much worse the spectacle was from the vantage point of, say, other guys on the court wearing Rockets unis.

HP3, vator, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  11. 18pbr

18pbr Member

The most frustrating part was Wall was playing like a true pg the first three quarters but went brain dead in the 4th. Another note, DJ Augustin played well and we certainly could have used him down the stretch.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I told you it was epic! Greek mythologies will be written about this performance. An ode to the Wall and his odiferous shot.

hakeem94, topfive, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hate to ruin the surprise everyone but somebodies got to tell you.
    John Wall is driving this tank.

sirjesse and francis 4 prez like this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

15. Chamillionaire

It looked like he was intentionally throwing the game. Serious.
    "Astonishing" is the perfect word.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that's what i do.

17. francis 4 prez

i might have to watch the replay. i didn't think i'd ever get to combine my two great passions of disliking john wall's game and wanting us to tank for a top pick, but here we are.

Reeko, sirjesse and hakeem94 like this.
  18. francis 4 prez

wait, did we really give up a 22-0 run to end the game? has that ever happened in any game in nba history? not even a meaningless basket at the buzzer. against one of the worst teams in the league. that's incredible.

Badrose likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

how many times on those 6 shots he made did he mean mug like he was the baddest dude on the court? i say at least 3.

ksny15, sirjesse and hakeem94 like this.
  20. francis 4 prez

hell, i don't even know who mason jones is, much less who he play for.