1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 3/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Silas doesn’t want to lose. They are not trying to lose. As an organization, they may not be going all out to win, but they are not intentionally just throwing games. What happened tonight was not by design, it was out of sheer incompetence.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

YOU are the one trying to prove a double negative.

I am taking Silas by his words AND his actions.

Only a complete moron would believe a 1st time HC after 20 years of waiting for his chance would willingly tank his rep and career.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Just curious...this being the case...what would be the attraction of watching a Rockets "game" ? I still like Patton's quote " I never gave a hoot in hell for a guy that lost and laughed." Understand the "tanking' concept but this game was not a tank...it was pure inefficiency at it's highest. The "fans" I guess should skip watching the games and just look at the final score after each game. I mean why should the fans have any enjoyment,right ? The Rockets are in the "tank" position because they've been played like a fiddle.

payaso likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I feel bad for him bc he has wall as his "franchise" player. I don't think he has the sway to pull wall in games like this.

I dont think he has done a good job coaching but what would a good coach differently? How many more wins would we have?

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. Mr. Space City

that john wall turnover might be the worst i've ever seen.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas is an enabler.

Nothing to feel sorry about here, he is a masochist.

Like Wall is a sadist.

They both love their relationship.

Entropy likes this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Im watching them to see how individual players evolve and develop and just to see a game. I’d like to see some growth and improvement, but there hasn’t been a lot of that! Mostly it’s just entertainment. I still enjoyed tonight, even if just for the comedy of it all.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dud completely lacks self awareness.

It's amazing how oblivious he is.

12. AuburnRocket

ABSOLUTELY on.the.money....nailed it. I said in an earlier post inefficiency but incompetence is the best description. I mean Wall would F up a one car funeral. I was watching body language as the game ended...I saw no attitude (possibly exception of Wall with KAT) among Rockets players of a no problem, the loss helps us...AT ALL. I saw frustration.

Hank McDowell and D-rock like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

If ever there was the opportunity for it it's this.
    No one will fault Silas for the shitshow he inherited nor the ever changing constraints under which he has had to operate.
    Most people around the league have a relatively objective understanding of the disarray with the Rockets this season.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Rockets pulled off a miracle and went on another 6 game winning streak, they’d probably be happy

they don’t want to suck, it’s just what’s happening...I believe they’d have rather made the play-in tournament than be this bad

s3ts and Hank McDowell like this.
  16. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Yeah big picture it was objectively "good" to help ensure a bottom-3 record. Draft odds aren't great, but no point whatsoever in finishing with a record that's not among the worst three.

The problem now is there's zero confidence in this coaching staff or franchise to attract any top talent. Next year will be horrendous as well, guaranteed. Game by game Silas is looking like a major disappointment, but he shouldn't be at risk of losing his job. He's just going to be viewed as being on permanent lame duck status for the remainder of his contract.

The present looks terrible, but the future looks pretty bleak too. What a sad reality, though for the record the playoff letdown in 2019 honestly felt like "the end" since they blew their last best chance at a title.

The rebuild is off to a shaky start to say the least. Let's expect Oklahoma City to win the lottery and snag the Rockets' #5 pick. It's inevitable.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and only a complete moron would think a team with a top 4 chance would literally win games to miss out on that just for their fans ego.

Go back and look at what Pops post game interviews looked like when Spurs tanked for Duncan

18. AuburnRocket

If he is the coach and in control of the team, he subs out Wall or at the very least points out that there are 4 other teammates on the floor with him.JMO.Probably not much difference on wins (with where we are) but you don't choke away 2 games in the last week or so due to absolutely selfish hero play.

19. payaso

payaso Member

I'm just wondering... could the presumed tank happen in a non-COVID season, where Tilman loves his front-row seat? What if there were nothing to artificially hold attendance down, and he could see how his custodianship keeps people away from the arena? Moreover, Houston folk keep it real- how would he react to boos and catcalls in his direction coming from the money seats close to him?
    Being a local guy, I don't think he'd be able to take it.
    Based on that presumption I think COVID conditions are helping keep the tank on its tracks.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wall is getting paid and he is who he is. This can be Silas last opportunity for a gig he has worked his entire life for. He got stuck with a team that he never imagined he would have to coach and he got stuck with players that can't shoot on a team that is determined to rebuild.
    I don't believe he is a person who loves to watch his career go down the tubes, who would?

He will prob be fired and rightfully so and no one will ever consider him again. That's sad in my opinion.