1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets traded James Harden for nothing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You make multiple moves as Morey would have, he was always thinking several steps ahead, get the best package you can for Harden and involve as many teams as necessary, then trade those pieces at the deadline for something of more value, then trade those pieces before the draft and continue to upgrade. Morey was able to continuously upgrade players and eventually land a superstar like James. We traded Harden, then traded away Lavert and Allen, and then traded away Oladipo for an end result of Kelly Olynick and Avery Bradly. Morey incrementally upgrades with each trade vs this front office incrementally downgraded with each trade, not really how you end up with a new star lol. This was like tricking a 5 year old to give you their $100 bill for two $1 bills because two is greater than one. Now our front office looks like absolute clowns.

Monkeychef02 and csnerd84 like this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It wasn't immediately available, but I feel like Morey would have made a trade for Harden, then a trade for that package at the deadline, then another trade on draft night and he would have incrementally upgraded with each trade. He was like that guy on craigslist who started with a paperclip and traded his way to a Porsche with just 17 trades. Instead we incrementally downgraded assets with each trade we made, and now are left with Kelly Olynik and Avery Bradley.

3. fattz

fattz Member

The goal is high picks. Harden next to a young MVP or Harden next to a broken MVP that has achieved his career goals. Which one falls apart first? That’s right go with that one; so did Stone.

chadyang likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Even when crowds were allowed fans left the lower deck too empty in spots. The NBA doesn't need the Rockets to be relevant and Fertitta doesn't give a F about winning.

5. PeppermintCandy

On the surface, that haul might not look that bad.
    But most or all of those picks and swaps have a high likelihood to be ass.

I mean, the Miami pick swap being lottery protected. Jeez.

chadyang and D-rock like this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

How much time before more people start tuning this team out? I am barely motivated to watch this team anymore and am probably going to give up here soon. It's a crappy team with little talent and a lot of players I no longer like watching (Wall is PAINFUL to watch play). The trade deadline was supposed to be when all the maneuvering came together, but my confidence in Stone is now shaken quite a bit. He has made a series of bad moves at arguably the most crucial juncture in this teams history in the past 20 years. Short of magically getting the #1 pick, we are looking at a long rebuild here, with a front office that has little to no negotiating talent and willfully trades away strong young players for pennies on the dollar.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

riko likes this.
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Getting harden, a 23 year old superstar, is a once in a lifetime lucky break. Among the packages offered to OKC, they took the worst one. It's basically like saying "well i won the lottery once, i'll just win it again" after going broke, instead of looking for a job.

D-rock and chadyang like this.
  9. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I watched 90% of the games before...I e tried a couple of times lately, couldnt do it

gotsis likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

May lose Avery Bradley too.

Shet just keeps getting funnier.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Houston barely cared about the rockets with harden. I don't know how many games you went to, but it was empty. They paid 100s of dollars and skipped the game.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

At this point as a fan you can't have confidence in the FO. I don't think it's humanly possible to flip Levert and Allen for less than we did.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. MadRox

MadRox Member

New book by Tilman: "Shut Up and Rob Me"

FrontRunner and BallSoHarden like this.
  14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

new coach, new GM, new players - let stone and silas build their own team under tilman

some of you are so hurt that we didnt keep allen or lavert or whoever - who cares, those players were gonna cost us a TON - embrace the rebuild - htown will bounce back in a few years.

we'll never know how much we got for James harden until all the picks roll in. enjoy stress free basketball

15. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

The rockets got
    the best trade ever

and

the worst trade ever lol

Polarized moves just like y’all former star. It’s only right it ended it like this

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We weren't winning **** with Harden/ Westbrook and we were so capped out we had no chance to bring in players to take us to the next level. It was time to blow it up before we slipped to mediocre land for the rest of his career.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Meanwhile, Harden + role players carrying Nets team to top of playoffs without Kyrie and KD.

Kinda like he did for Houston amirite?

#117 D-rock, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Reeko likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Once in a lifetime player.

BallSoHarden and Reeko like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

What we traded to get Westbrook damaged our organization - putting restrictions on a proper rebuild. What we traded Harden for is undecided with upside. Worst case scenario for the Harden trade is a bunch of late first rounders

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's two clear fails to me.

Harden is a generational player that makes ANY team he joins a championship contender.

Bunch of late FRP is criminal negligence.

topfive likes this.