1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Off Season: Free Agents \ Buyouts\ etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 25, 2021.

1. jb86

jb86 Member

The rockets have like $4 Million right now not including the trade exceptions. You do the Math on all the expiring contracts we have when the season is over and add the trade exceptions after that. You'll see.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have no clue, and then he mentions we could have a chance at Kawhi o_O

he must be smoking some type of powerful ancient herb

Williamson, jiggyfly, topfive and 3 others like this.
  3. jb86

jb86 Member

Do the math yourself bro.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you have no idea wtf you're talking about. stop posting fake news

5. jb86

jb86 Member

No. Sense you know so much do the math yourself. Don't blow me off.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

"sense" you can't even speak English correctly, I doubt people should be taking capology advice from you

7. jb86

jb86 Member

We will have 7 or 8 roster spots next year. Look at all the money that will be coming off the books.

8. jb86

jb86 Member

@YOLO are you a realist?

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/2021/

According to the facts....

If we keep Bradley then we will have 9 players signed and roughly 18 million in cap space.

Wall, Wood and Gordon will combine to make 76 million dollars and the NBA salary cap is projected at 112 million.

Your numbers are wrong.

10. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Will there be any young cut players due to trades/buy out signings coming up that we can scoop up?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude, you’re wrong...please just stop

the facts are there, and you’re just choosing to ignore them talking about 60 mil in cap space for the Rockets...

salaries that will be on our books for next year

-Wall, EG, Wood, Augustin, House, KPJr, KJ and Tate because they’re gonna get guaranteed, and then the salaries of a top 4 pick or Miami’s pick plus Portland’s 1st round pick plus Milwaukee’s 1st round pick if we choose to swap it with our 2nd round pick

now add that up and tell me how u get to 60 mil in cap space or any of the other numbers you claimed...

YOLO likes this.
  12. jb86

jb86 Member

Is that including the Trade exceptions that we will have? If not, how much would it be if we didn't keep Bradley. Because if use all of our resources we would still have $32.5 Ms to work with according to the number you just gave me.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What do you mean include trade exceptions? They don’t factor into cap space.

If I’m reading the numbers right we could renounce all of our bird rights players and have only 8 players signed and we would be at about 92 million in total salary.

Leaving us about 20 million for the rest of the roster. But there are empty roster charges you have to consider so we couldn’t spend all that money on one player.

14. jb86

jb86 Member

I know that the trade exceptions don't factor into the cap space, but can we still use that money to get a player or 2?

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It may be hard to move Wall next season too .... he has a player option for 22-23 for more than $47.3m and its all but a certainty that he exercises that option .... We may be stuck with him until the deadline of that final year unless there's assets attached and I don't think they are in any position to throw assets away .... everything they have needs to go towards talent acquisition.

16. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Very true, that’s a prime reason we are probably 3 years out from even thinking about playoffs. Hopefully Wall adapts to a 6th man role next year.

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

If we really tanking we pick no one up in the offseason that can contribute, let the young kids continue to grow, and get another high pick next year before stepping on the gas.

18. Rockets4Life13

Dieng was waived by the Grizzlies.

maybe we should pick him up.

BallaDoc likes this.
  19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Is he hurt atm? Not too long ago he was the league leader in 3pt%. Seems odd they just drop him like that.

20. Rockets4Life13

I have no clue tbh. If he’s healthy he could help us. Although i have no clue if we even want help at this point.