1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do with Wall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Mar 25, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He'd have to waive that player option.

You can't expect Tilman to buy out over $100M

Especially when you have to hit the floor anyways. $115M. Right now if the Rockets let every who is a FA walk they'd be significantly under the floor as is.

Blake had a year and a half left on much less money

We'll see next year around this time. Maybe he's bought out then.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

some time next season is what I’m referring to

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea that wouldn't shock me.

I honestly have no clue what this team plans to do.

I know for a fact they didn't intend to tank after trading for Oladipo.

They have serious evaluation deficiencies. It's bleak.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

wall just need to be reprogrammed. he will bring this team much glorious.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Griffin is owed less than $30 million next year in his final year. Wall is owed 44 and 47 million over the next TWO years.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we got a top 4 pick and discovered they’re trying to trade it on draft night for Bradley Beal, I wouldn’t even be surprised

I fear that shortsighted moves are coming because they do not want to be bad and rebuild from the ground up or wait for some rookie to develop

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Two more years before we can shop this expiring contract

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's immediately what comes to mind with me too. Beal or some other disgruntled guy for pick 3 or 4 if it lands there.

I have no faith that a proper rebuild will be granted even though they have made tanking move after tanking move.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

by next deadline, Wall will have 1 year left...no one is talking about him getting bought out right this instant

csc177 likes this.
  10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

It’s going to be very stressful when he’s still on the roster when we draft Cade.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Revisit the issue when our pick situation becomes set.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

What can you do? You hold on to him, hope he learns to pass and plays better, and then hope that someone finds him interesting enough to trade for him at which point you jump and take that highly protected second-rounder like your life depends on it.

13. fattz

fattz Member

Can Silas bench him or will Wall demand coaches job? How much “power” does Wall really have? I know his salary and all but does the team even respond to him? The screen went green last night as House and Wall were having a “conversation”. Seeing his post game interviews, IDK. Playing with him maybe a challenge. The Wizards have been dysfunctional for years.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Encourage him to get his knee scoped now rather than in the offseason and play the young guys.

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Let him go home and sit his ass on his couch smoking weed and playing Xbox while wearing shades for the duration of his contract. The guys who can actually contribute to winning will actually be able to compete without him dragging their asses down with dead weight and zero calorie points.

But since that's probably not going to happen, Wall is going to stunt KPJ's development and make KPJ go psycho on him. Then KPJ will want out of the Rockets, and we'll have lost our developing all-star. Wee.

#35 Entropy, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  16. juanming

juanming Member

Edit: if (big if) Porter can develop a 3-point shot then maybe he can be a shooting guard but that is a big if..and then and ONLY then would I be ok with keeping freaking wall

For those saying there is zero reason to buy him out

He goes against Silas most of the time also especially at the end of games (Remember When couple games ago(OKC) before we won he supposed to do a pick-and-roll with wood instead he chucked up a brick and cost us the game)

He does not fit our system he will slow the development of wood and Porter

Porter is not a shooting guard I don't want him to be a shooting guard because his three-point is his weakest part of his game..
    Porter excels as a point guard

Thus out respect to wall we will not bench wall plus he is Silas' bff(joke)

So if you don't like Porter fine let's keep wall

If you want Porter to remain a rocket you better buyout wall because nobody's take on that contract

And lastly my like 10th reason to buy out wall.... we can't trade him next year or the year after that without attaching a draft pick which I don't want to do

So by buying him out you save assets

I don't want to wait two years to try to trade an expiring contract because look what we got for Dipo as an expiring contract

Plus if we keep benching Porter for the next two years do you really think porter would waste his career away resigning with a team that benched him for three yrs?

Hell nah

The John Lucas facter is so overrated..you'll see when we lose porter to a contender

I know what's going on you guys won't admit it but I know what's going on.. you guys say you want to tank but you're lying... I've read the most senseless post in this thread there are some post where the person says let's tank and then he says let's keep wall

That makes no sense at all if you want to tank you might as well be productive about it and groom the young kid to grow instead of rotting on the bench behind a veteran

I mean don't you want to have the young players get some experience yes or no??

It's like some of you want to keep winning with wall going balls out like he did in the Toronto game

My phone is acting up forgive my mis
    spellings..

Not worth it to correct them because I can't change your mind

Some of you think just like Tillman... You say you want young players but then you want them to sit on the bench

You say you want the tank but you don't want to get rid of wall

Wall does not help us lose he actually plays very very hard he's stubborn but he plays hard

we would have lost that game with Toronto and have 22 losses now if wall didn't play that game

Sheesh

tell you what let's keep wall for the next 2 years and not buy him out.. then when wall is gone in two years don't complain we don't have a young point guard to replace him

You did ,his name is Porter and you don't want to play him(I'm not talking about playing him 20 minutes a game behind wall he needs 36 minutes per game now when he's back from injury)

#36 juanming, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Rocket River and fattz like this.
  17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

John Wall's biggest issue isn't the contract, keeping him around can negatively affect player development. He's a ball dominant, high volume, low efficiency player, and players don't develop playing next to that.

fattz likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Wall is part of the equation until at least sometime next year. He's going to help us lose a lot of games and hopefully land two stellar draft picks. When he is eventually moved the true rebuild begins. Remember, Wall is not the villain here in that he was moved for the equally bad Westbrook contract. He plays both hard and inefficiently which feeds into the tank motif that will be the defining characteristic of this year and next.

BamBam likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clippers trade Baron Davis and his Huge Contract with a Unprotected Lottery Pick to the Cavaliers.

The Cavaliers won the Lottery got the #1 Pick from the Clippers.

The Cavaliers selected Kyrie Irving.

Years Later LeBron James went back to Cavaliers and won a Championship with Kyrie Irving hitting the Game Winning 3 Pointer.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It seemed like people were complaining that he wasn’t bought out this year.