1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

When I read the news by Woj about Oladipo getting traded to Miami I felt like we had this in the bag. Then minutes later when the actual trade was announced I didnt know what to think.

Oladipo was gone after this season anyways so getting something for him is still good, you would think..this trade is at the very least questionable.

Why did we go for Dipo and not LaVert if you knew this was a possible outcome?!

I dont think anyone cares about Olynyk or Bradley. Picks is what we were expecting at least couple of 2nd rounders.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Suffering

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think I’m gonna need to stay off Twitter and other forms of social media for a few days

stuff like this is all u see

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

At this point as I understand it. Is it increases the chances that the player we get from the first pick from the Nets is a good player. I suppose a pick from in the range of 25-30 instead to 20-25. I suppose you have to wait and see. The pick from the Nets could have really done nothing and be off the team in a few seasons instead increases the chances you get a role player for a championship run or to package for a superstar down the road.

Amel likes this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They wouldn't have gotten out of the Luxury Tax though. I bet Stone had this offer like 2 weeks ago and were trying to get something better but there was no way he wasnt at least cutting that 3M to get under the tax.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We're the laughing stock of the trade deadline. I hope Stone learned a valuable lesson. TOR had the most impactful player for contenders and rather than take a poo poo platter they held fast. Frankly, compared to what we got I would have rather seen if we couldn't rehab VO and do a sign-in-trade. If Stone could have gotten 1 prospect (KZ or Precious) this would have been an ok deal, hell even a 2nd in addition to the swap would have been something to contribute to the rebuild. The swap for picks is ok, but should not have been the centerpiece for a 28 yr old former all-star's bird rights and 30+ games this year.

BHannes2BHonest, Dopamine and D-rock like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The pick being lottery protected in and of itself isn’t that big of a deal because the Heat almost certainly wouldn’t be in the lottery, the problem is that it’s just one more example of Riley getting over on Stone. It took an already embarrassingly lopsided trade and made Stone look even worse for making it. It’s like rubbing a dogs nose in a pile of **** that he left on the carpet. Riley essentially emasculated Stone today. Stone probably should have just walked away instead of going along with this.

9. juanming

juanming Member

I do find it really funny that most of you were saying for the past month,after every game dipo sucked in "he's garbage we won't even get a 1st Rd pick for him he sucks"

Then today we trade him, and those same people are saying "stone sucks he should have gotten a 1st"

Like, it's funny that posters think they can outsmart the great Pat riley

Bro other GM's watch the same video we do, if we all know dipo sucks, don't you think the other GM's and scouts know that to??

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just not seeing the benefit. We traded one expiring for two and the right to maybe move up a couple spots outside the lottery.

The Heat got a far better player and his bird rights for two scrubs.

What happened to a young player and a mid first?

#570 Phillyrocket, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    forchette49 and D-rock like this.
  11. jayland

jayland Member

Those were probably lies hoping to get potential suitors to up their offer. But they weren't dumb enough to fall for it.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have said this AD nauseum since we got Dipo.

I HATE being right sometimes! :mad:

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Levert cost money after this season, Dipo doesn't

Amel likes this.
  14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The lottery protection on the swap makes this the most head scratching trade I can remember as a Rockets fan.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we got under the lux tax threshold with this trade

it's always LTS

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well from the pro tankers point of view this is a win. The roster definitely went down from a talent perspective.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t want to be right, but I always thought Victor Oladipo had next to no value

leaking that we had a bunch of offers on the table from various teams including a mid-1st or a young player and a pick when we really had nothing close to that is just embarrassing...we played ourselves in public

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It is funny that everyone is so pissed about this trade that nobody even bothered to update the thread title or OP with the actual players we are receiving in return.

Thanks a lot guys, it is great that I have to search through 29 pages of posts to try to make out the actual terms of the trade. :D

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's depressing to be the laughing stock of the league.

It will be more depressing if these idiots start competing and we lose the lottery pick. I don't like @treyk3 negative vibes either.

B-Bob, Dopamine and treyk3 like this.