1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Is there anything I can give this lower than an F?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Everyone is STONED by this trade, fans, media...

DeBeards likes this.
  2. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Mistake about what? I read what Brody and Chris Paul said about Hardens team culture here. There were many articles written after the trade about Hardens antics. Did you not read that? Did you not see the post game interviews after Harden/Paul playoffs exit. Are you saying Tilman recruited those players and Tilman ran them off because they did not mesh with Harden? Do you claim Harden has no blame for not getting along with those players he recruited?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean Orlando Magic got rid of Aaron Gordon for two craps and a low pick basically. If thats all it took why didnt the Rox jump on that deal they have multiple low picks give a couple of those for AG I dun care.

The point is whether or not the swap works out Dipo is an upgrade over Olynk and Bradley so unless he starts some **** with Jimmy B or something their pick this year is gonna be worse which is extremely bad for us if we lose the 50-50.

Nook likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we are going to get 1 pick. Well forget about this

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

uhhm I already posted the easter conference standings for the end of 2022. The Heat are ending up 3rd.

HP3 likes this.
  6. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

It’s an F IMO because he was traded to Miami. If the returns were that abysmal fine but don’t trade him to the Heat for nothing since we have a high chance of getting their pick. We essentially own their pick, why make them stronger. He’ll trade him to the knicks for nothing but a second. Generate a TPE out of it. Give him away for expirings anywhere else but not to the Heat lol.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe he makes them worse in the end. Resign him and he hurts the team with injuries. I dunno

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly. Why give it to the Heat and help make them better smh.

Id rather keep Dipo and hope for a SNT than trade him to help the Heat wtf.

DonKnock, ashleyem and BallaDoc like this.
  9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Why take the chance on making them better than? Leave them floundering as is.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats a big ask bro. Before you jad to hope Jimmy B breaks down. Now you hope both Jimmy B and Dipo break down. I mean you can argue dipo isnt very good but he def better than Bradley Beal and freaking Olynk

11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I just don't understand the constant bringing up Allen and Levert in terms of evaluating this trade.

Levert was inefficient and injury prone and is coming back from cancer on the last year of his deal at $15 million (previously reasonable, but not a bargain with his question marks). You think he'd fetch a much better return than even this? I know he had a good game but there are a lot of question marks. Dipo has had some good games here too.

Criticizing the Rockets for not keeping Allen is a fair discussion, though a different story involving different variables and has nothing to do with the Oladipo part of the Harden trade.

#51 ChillyPete32, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    roslolian likes this.
  12. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Have you seen him play, he's not making the Heat a contender all of a sudden. In fact, it's likely he's going to make them worse.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This trade alone was fine. I would have given him to a team for free just so he’d stop taking minutes.

rkh-dog likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well yes for this year it could hurt. but floundering next year doesnt make sense. either we get the Nets pick and that is that. Or now the rockets get the probable better Heat pick instead. but you dont get that without the trade.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What’s do you expect... turned McCormick and Schmicks into trash, turned del Gris is into trash, anything Landry’s touches turns into trash. Hollow, soul-less things.

16. opticon

opticon Member

Levert had a mass on his kidney not cancer and has been removed. Also, he is playing for Pacers right now! Levert literally dropped 28 points last night and led the team in plus-minus.
    What are you smoking?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

All give my reasoning as to why Lavert nets(no pun intended) better assets than Dipo.

1. Younger
    2. Not coming off a major injury
    3. His contract is cheaper and longer
    4. He doesnt have a preferred destination.

Many executives around the NBA are saying the same thing.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So WTF Stone had traded for him at the first place?

Did you fail to understand this simple logic?

roslolian likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Have you seen Bradley and Olynk play????

Dipo may or may not make the Heat a contender but he still better than those 2 guys.

20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Yeah my b. You quoted me before my stealth edit. I missed that he had a good game last night. He had been so-so before that. Maybe after last night if we were trying to flip him today on the heels of that he'd have fetched more, but I don't think you are getting much for him.