1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We are....not in good hands.

BHannes2BHonest and Deckard like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tell that to Chris Haynes who usually is a pretty respectable reporter. Why would he even report this??? Obviously somehow he was led to believe this was a remote possibility. If not, boy... he's proven to be pretty out of the loop on the NBA for an NBA reporter.

BHannes2BHonest and RudyTBag like this.
  3. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I disagree. Rox have a good winning history. Now we may have to rebuild, but Rox are not historically Detroit bad. This is the ebb and flow of basketball. You land a couple of quality draft picks to go with our young talent and we are relevant again in a couple 2 or 3 years. I like what the team is doing. We will have cap space for when we need to pounce on opportunities

4. dobro1229

On the John Wall front, he's the perfect guy for a tank. Get his knee surgery now. Rest of the reason off. This Summer, you might find a stupid franchise that is desperate for a big name (maybe a Kings type). If not, you have a recognizable name & face for merchandise & advertising.

As long as he's not causing problems in the locker room (and that's a real issue possibly...) the team would be dumb to buy him out, or give up assets to move him.

joshuaao and rkh-dog like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

Can i use your avatar

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Silver lining: maybe Olynyk means no more Lamb for the rest of the season?

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I just realized Ego is on the books till 2024.

**** my life.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, why would the Rockets want to buy out Wall and have dead money sitting in the books for the next 2 years lol.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. dobro1229

They wouldn't.... or at least no rational team would.... the issue is why this even needed to be reported?? WTF. Was this actually being discussed behind the scenes?? Makes me mad it might have even been entertained.

12. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

The Rox did not have any draft capital to hoard before the Harden trade went down. Now we have 5 first round picks from Harden and 4 swaps. That is a good start and creates opportunities to draft/acquire players that fit our system.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not arguing against that I was trying to explain that to him

14. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

That's the thing. The current regime doesn't know opportunity even if it hits them on the face. Your logic is good but not when we have bad management starting from the owner.

15. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Extricating the Harden era from the Rox books was always going to be painful. Harden hurt the Rox by his demands going back many years. I like him as a player, but he destroyed the team with his demands over the years. He is a petulant child. If this is the new NBA where players call the shots, hold Harden accountable. He made the demands for those players to be brought in. He was the franchise. Its over now, let it go.

The Rox sent these players to their preferred destination, return be damned. You don't get that treatment in the real world. This is the new NBA.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s exactly how I feel.

jim1961 likes this.
  17. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Rox have a good young core with several draft picks coming up over the next few years, and cap space flexibility now. That is a positive going forward. Time to watch youngins' develop, or find a new hobby. Buy a dog or something.

18pbr likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Because buy outs free cap space, but no way our owner would shell out 60-80 mil to buyout Wall and also use the cap space. Plus really no reason to unless some absolute miracle would happen and we get the number one pick and some superstar can’t wait to come here. LOL.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. SinceEverSince

What’s out cap space looking like with the expiring contracts we got back?

20. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Expiring contracts expire. Are you inferring Rox will sign extensions with those journeymen?