1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Bradley and Olynyk will expire. Save 21 million in cap space to sign better prospects for our system going forward. Harden and Dipo trade demands severely limited potential trade partners to Nets/Sixers and Heat respectively. That is just the new NBA where China and the players call the shots.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

When we traded for Dipo, it was widely reported he wanted to be in Miami and wasn't happy with the trade. At the deadline, we were in a situation where we either traded him to Miami or lost him in FA for nothing as he wasn't going to sign with us. In order to avoid a zero return, we took 25 cents on the dollar. Pathetic.

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah because hoarding assets is working out great for Boston and OKC

4. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Again, no one is signing to play for this **** show of a franchise

5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Galaxy brain: Maybe this actually helps our pick this year vs. if Miami had done a Lowry deal since the Heat might be better with Lowry than Dipo?

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean...who would you rather be, them or us?

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Us because we have a great chance to keep our Top 4 pick since we already decided to tank this year

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Welp, I hoped for better but hey other GMs are smart and they knew we were limited. I hope we keep losing games, develop the young guys, and get that top 4 pick and then have our cap space to use this summer and rebuild this thing right.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dipo was also expiring.

Anyways, I don't really care. I definitely have no faith in this front office and this just reinforces that thought. I am glad I bailed on the season tickets, no way we deserve this garbage. I'm also not buying any gear for the foreseeable future either.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Depends on how valuable our Brooklyn picks become.

11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

These are stupid arguments. Allen is incompatible with Wood, and will demand at least 20M next year. Prince's contract was trash. Lavert is literally identical to Oladipo stat wise, and hasn't done shiiit this season except for one god damn game. There were legit scenarios that opting for the current trajectory would have ended much better. It's downright stupid to have this lookback bias and conclude that the decision by the Rockets was stupid. They made a bet and it ended contrary to expectation, due to a host of exogenous reasons. You live with these outcomes.

I'd compare the return of the trade to what if we keep Oladipo. Same amount of cap space, netting a pick swap (albeit with limited upside), it's arguably better than losing him for nothing (only cap space). (S&T significantly hamper's the team's option in roster construction and flexibility). The Harden trade return cannot be weighed until we see how those $20 cap space is used next year.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  12. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

“Come to Houston! We will trade you where you want to go for nothing so the team is still good when you get there!”

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

I would rather be OKC and Boston 10/10.

14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Another downside of no one wanting to be here via FA equals throwing money at mediocre talent and being stuck with hideous contracts.

Ive never seen a team fall off the grid so quick.

BHannes2BHonest and HP3 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Lavert is a better asset than Oladipo. Flat out. Thats it. End of the argument.

subtomic likes this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

17. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

what you are not including in your post is that spoiled Harden demanded an in season trade and threw the team under the bus with his words and actions. Then limited trading partners to Nets/Sixers. That is not a way for Rox to maximize return. I am surprised Rox got what they did in draft capital 5 first round picks, 4 swaps. Allen/LeVert were not fits for our rebuild and trade was done on the fly with any takers.

Negative nellies grow up. Such is life. Such is todays NBA.

I like the extra 1st round pick from Cleveland and I like the fact Rox clear 21 million cap room and can play youngins' now. Glad we did not spend 17 million on LeVert and max out Allen who is not a 5 out player.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wait.... what????.... If this was even Discussed internally enough to leak out enough to report.... Stone needs to go ASAP. Why the F would they even entertain that conversation with Wall??

19. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Lol this is tanking at a whole other level. I won't be surprised if we get to draft Cade and then decide to not to sign him lol.

mikenm268 likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They are probably not discussing what I had for breakfast either.

When is something that is not happening supposed to be news?

Deckard likes this.